If you read the article on ElectronicHouse that's on AVS's home page, there's a quote
Samsung also adds: Profile 1.1 discs are currently not available and compatibility must be fully tested before we can assure complete compliance to BD Profile 1.1 requirements
I'm not a who believes everything that he reads either and until I see it I will not be a firm believer. However I can see Samsungs side and it makes sense to me. If you have a player that you are trying to ship as soon as possible and your engineers tell you that you have two versions of software, one that will work fine (profile 1.0) and a second one that could work but is not fully tested (profile 1.1) which one do you choose. Before you make your decision also take into account that at this time no profile 1.1 movies are expected any time soon.
So do you spend extra time now getting the profile 1.1 ready and loose more time to LG and the BH-200 or do you get it into the store and issue a firmware upgrade for those who want it? I'm guessing they really want them in the stores for Black Friday, since it doesn't look like it's going to happen the next best thing would be to get some display models out there and firm dates when stores will be getting them.
At least that's what I would do. I'm also planning on waiting until a few people have them so I can see what they think. I'm willing to wait until after nnew years day to buy one. My best advise is to wait until you feel comfortable then buy.