Originally Posted by PanamaMike
That being said, what do you think are the most important aspects to look for in a display?
I've thought the following.
1: CR ratio.
2: Proper gray scale ramp (black level) and ability to resolve shadow detail.
3: Color accuracy
I was thinking of the Pioneer Pro-FHD1, but the raves are in about the new 8G glass due to black level.
It is tough to give a specific rating because very poor performance in one area can wreck a perfectly good product.
I would rate products for a specific application based on something like the following:
1. Gamma, color accuracy, light output, black level, minimal to no loss of bit depth
2. Light engine artifacts (rainbows, SSE, chromatic abberations...)
3. Screen size
4. Geometric accuracy
6. Inverse telecine performance
7. Scaler performance
8. Motion adaptive deinterlacer performance
9. Display input number and type
10. User menu flexibility
11. Support of remote discrete codes
12. Support of Deep Color
13. Judder removal
14. Automatic lipsync support
15. Support of xvYCC color space