or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › My Threads search doesn't work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Threads search doesn't work.

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I was trying to find an old thread of mine so I clicked "find all threads started by Art sonneborn" and it just gives me all of my posts not the threads I started.

art
post #2 of 14
Hi Art...Please use the advanced search and search for your user name and in the drop down user that select threads. That should work. It is a known bug in the current version if used in the profile.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
That worked David ,except it will only search to January 1st '07 not before. Anything I can do to search for my threads further back ?

Art
post #4 of 14
You need to use the archives for anything past that.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

You need to use the archives for anything past that.

Aren't the Archives one batch behind. Some time ago, you removed a batch of threads but never posted a new Archive...#2 is still the last one and it ends on 6/30/06???
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabjxo View Post

Aren't the Archives one batch behind. Some time ago, you removed a batch of threads but never posted a new Archive...#2 is still the last one and it ends on 6/30/06???


That looks to be the case,six months are missing.

Art
post #7 of 14
Threads were archived off if they had not been posted to from a certain date back. Archive 2 goes to 12/31/06. Even on the first part of them I see posts on 12/31/07. Not sure where you are seeing 6/30/06. Oh wait, the redirect page it just reads that. The archives are fine.

http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks David, you were right, I was wrong.

Art
post #9 of 14
No, you read correctly.
post #10 of 14
I'm not certain if this is the same issue or not, but I cannot find a place to click to show all the POSTS by me.

Do I have to do an advanced search for my user name which lists only THREADS that I have posted in and then plow through all the pages to find my POSTS (not threads.) (edit)

fafner
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

I'm not certain if this is the same issue or not, but I cannot find a place to click to show all the POSTS by me.

Do I have to do an advanced search for my user name which lists only THREADS that I have posted in and then plow through all the pages to find my POSTS (not threads.) (edit)

fafner

Go to your profile and there is a link to view all your posts. To view your profile just click on your name in any of your posts.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by homcom View Post

Go to your profile and there is a link to view all your posts. To view your profile just click on your name in any of your posts.


Ah....thanks!

fafner
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafner View Post

Ah....thanks!

fafner

Your welcome.
post #14 of 14
Cool, I like your feature that if I'm going to start a thread, it suggests other threads, which may answer my question. It was 100% correct. I too just like the OP, was trying to find "threads started by me" and was getting all my posts, like OP.
No sense reinventing the wheel. I'll try advanced search, like David suggested.

P.S. too bad you couldnt give suggestions to other threads, when a person opens up a thread with "looking for a good dvd recorder". I hang out all the time in the Hardware-dvd recorder section, and it seems a day doesnt go by, without a new thread with that title....I supose the suggestion thing, is not as easy as it might think, but it did work GREAT for me.

Thanks again for a great site!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › My Threads search doesn't work.