Originally Posted by phatnogin5877
couple of questions:
1. interior wall or exterior wall?
2. Is the potential location in an odd location? IE; over a doorway/window next to a load bearing support or beam, in a vault?
3. is the speaker placement flexible? could it be moved 6-12" one way or the other?
4. do you have attic space and/or crawl space above or below?
5. do you have pics?
A speaker can ALMOST always be made to fit in a particular location. More importantly can you get a wire to that location?.
2) Odd Location--They are over a fireplace/television cut-out in the living room. The pre-wire boxes are attached to studs in the framing of this section, so they are not just "floating" in the drywall.
3) I might be able to move them if the speakers aren't too wide that they would run into the other stud.
5) I'll take pics tonight.
The wires are run in the walls already so I'm not worried about connecting them to the speakers or the receiver. I AM concerned about the closeness of the framing as to whether in-walls would work OR if I could move them horizontal, yet run into another stud.