or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › LG BH100 will NOT play list
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG BH100 will NOT play list - Page 7

post #181 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry928 View Post

I just called LG about a BH100 update and they said they are releasing a new version of software for the BH100 on July 17 or 18.

Like i said, six month or more for a release to fix the problems. There should NOT be any problems, Blu-Ray has been out 2 years.....
post #182 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry928 View Post

I just called LG about a BH100 update and they said they are releasing a new version of software for the BH100 on July 17 or 18.

So much for that.
post #183 of 238
Rep likely mistook it for the BH200.
post #184 of 238
Thread Starter 
The BH100 is a lost cause. It is a Thousand bucks down the drain. Thats the price for early adopters. It was an OK two years and I had Blu-ray and HD-DVD before 99% of anyone I knew.
post #185 of 238
This player never interested me...the half-assed HD DVD compatibility kept me far away. But it certainly gave a means to play both formats in the early days.
post #186 of 238
I called LG again and sure enough the first CSR was mistaken. No new update for BH100. The only positive statement is that another update is scheduled but no date is available.
post #187 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

This player never interested me...the half-assed HD DVD compatibility kept me far away. But it certainly gave a means to play both formats in the early days.

Being a dual format player was one of the main reasons why I purchased the BH100. I would have never have thought, in a million years, that the format war would have ended like it did and in the time frame that it did.

Lost of money changed hands (between Sony and the studios) to make it happen.
post #188 of 238
Doubt doesn't play. The menu selection doesn't show the animation in the background and after selecting play the screen just goes black and the disc spins indefinitely. This is with the newest firmware.

So I ejected the disc and put it into my PS3 (which I haven't updated in a long long time as it's in a room without Internet) and it played immediately.

I just can't understand how the PS3 is able to play a disc when the BH100 which I just updated cannot. To me this is absolutely the last straw with LG and this player. It's amazing to me how LG, a supposedly reputable multinational company, can abandon early adopters of what at the time was a premium product.

I paid the equivalent of US$1150 for the machine expecting that it would last for several years. I did not expect that I would be faced with constant issues of discs not playing which my PS3, costing half the price and not requiring multiple updates, could handle.

So I'm dumping the LG. Will give it away to a friend and use my PS3 to play Blu Ray discs until I find a more reliable player. One thing's for sure, it won't be an LG-branded product.
post #189 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissedoffwithLG View Post

Doubt
So I'm dumping the LG. Will give it away to a friend and use my PS3 to play Blu Ray discs until I find a more reliable player. One thing's for sure, it won't be an LG-branded product.

Same here. I really like the new LG Blu-ray player with Netflix streaming. But after the BH100 I will NOT buy an LG player.
post #190 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

Like i said, six month or more for a release to fix the problems. There should NOT be any problems, Blu-Ray has been out 2 years.....

Exactly why/how can the discs still be changing after the format has been out for 2 years.

I've swapped over to downloads for my HD content (using an AppleTV) and I just keep the BH100 on hand for any of the titles that I've already had.
post #191 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camds View Post

Exactly why/how can the discs still be changing after the format has been out for 2 years.

I've swapped over to downloads for my HD content (using an AppleTV) and I just keep the BH100 on hand for any of the titles that I've already had.

The Java code on the disc themselves can cause problems. This is what changes. Also new copyright protection can cause some issues.
post #192 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camds View Post

I've swapped over to downloads for my HD content (using an AppleTV)...

AppleTV is not true High definition source material. Just check your streaming rate, it is not as high as you get from a Blu-ray disc. Which translates to less data and not true High Def.

AppleTV gives you a great picture, but!
post #193 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

The Java code on the disc themselves can cause problems. This is what changes. Also new copyright protection can cause some issues.

Still we should not have the number of problems that we are having, with the BH100, this late in the game.
post #194 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

Still we should not have the number of problems that we are having, with the BH100, this late in the game.

Any problems you are having with the BH100, contact LG and tell them what they are.
post #195 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

AppleTV is not true High definition source material. Just check your streaming rate, it is not as high as you get from a Blu-ray disc. Which translates to less data and not true High Def.

AppleTV gives you a great picture, but!

I know the level is not as high as Bluray but it is still better than DVD and the convenience is hard to pass up
post #196 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camds View Post

... the convenience is hard to pass up

Very true! The Blockbusters by our house just went out of business after being there over ten years.

Netflix and online streaming is the way to go....
post #197 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

AppleTV is not true High definition source material. Just check your streaming rate, it is not as high as you get from a Blu-ray disc....

The same is true for OTA hi-definition TV, but it's still HD.
post #198 of 238
Thread Starter 
My Sony BDP-S560 Blu-ray Disc Player shipped yesterday, should be here Friday. So I will no longer need to worry about blu-ray disk that will not play. Good by BH100!
post #199 of 238
Thread Starter 
Received the Sony S560 on Friday (8/7/2009) so the BH100 will be retired to the box for a time.
post #200 of 238
Has anyone tried Mad Men Series 2?

I'm getting a disc error on all three of the discs.
post #201 of 238
Thread Starter 
My suggestion is to dump the LG BH100 and move on. I got tired of the problems.
post #202 of 238
Thread Starter 
Since i'am now using the Sony BDP-S560 player I order some of the movies, from Netflix, that would not play on the LG BH100. Two of the disks were xFiles and Swing Vote. When the player was loading xFiles, the Sony player, displayed an error saying it could not load BD-Live stuff because there was not any external memory.

So my theory is the LG BH100 is not handling the BD-Live load correctly or the programmer of xFile disk loading script is not handling the BD-live missing error correctly.

Just and oberservation.
post #203 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

Since i'am now using the Sony BDP-S560 player I order some of the movies, from Netflix, that would not play on the LG BH100. Two of the disks were xFiles and Swing Vote. When the player was loading xFiles, the Sony player, displayed an error saying it could not load BD-Live stuff because there was not any external memory.

So my theory is the LG BH100 is not handling the BD-Live load correctly or the programmer of xFile disk loading script is not handling the BD-live missing error correctly.

Just and oberservation.

It could be the media more than the player . Lg knows of this issue since early this year and still have not fixed it, the movie plays on the BH200 with a USB Drive in the player, i have to try it with out.

Athanasios
post #204 of 238
Has anyone had any success getting Public Enemy Blu-Ray to play on the LG BH100? I'm on the latest firmware update... but no dice. Not sure if it's my player or my disc. Argh.
post #205 of 238
My LG BH100 will not play the Half Blood Prince Blue Ray disks, and I am having trouble updating the firmware. I followed suggested from several members on your site, and I still get the dreaded disk error message. I am using DVD+R media, unzipped the file and am burning the image. I tried Roxio, DVD Decrypter and IMGBurn so far. Any suggestiongs, and has anyone been able to play the Half Blood Prince after the firmware upgrade?
post #206 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rschmi01 View Post

My LG BH100 will not play the Half Blood Prince Blue Ray disks, and I am having trouble updating the firmware. I followed suggested from several members on your site, and I still get the dreaded disk error message. I am using DVD+R media, unzipped the file and am burning the image. I tried Roxio, DVD Decrypter and IMGBurn so far. Any suggestiongs, and has anyone been able to play the Half Blood Prince after the firmware upgrade?

Dump the LG Bh100. New Blu-ray player are under $200 dollars and some have great features like Netflix streaming. The BH100 is not worth the hassle.
post #207 of 238
The firmware update finally loaded and the Half Blood Prince plays now. It pauses for a good minute prior to the menu, but then it plays fine.
post #208 of 238
It would be nice to compile a recent list of movies that still don't play on the BH100. I received a March, 2009 firmware update that is slightly newer than the January 2009 firmware still available on the website. Are people using this version?

I'm having difficulty with the Blu-ray "Akira" by Bandai Visual. It loads to flashing rainbow bars and stays there forever, even with the March 2009 update. I've contacted LG customer support, but received no ETA for a firmware update yet.

Based on posts after March 2009 in this topic, here are a list of Blu-ray movies that still don't seem to work on the BH100:

Akira
Doubt
French Connection
Home Alone
Mad Men Series 2
Pinocchio
Public Enemy
Swing Vote
X-files

Are these all confirmed not to work with the March 2009 update?
post #209 of 238
I got this player super cheap on ebay, cheaper than just buying a dual format drive for the pc. I'll see what results I get when I receive it an post any movies I cannot play. Worst case I'll remove the drive and build another HTPC around it.
post #210 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiq21 View Post

Worst case I'll remove the drive and build another HTPC around it.

That sound like a great use for the LG BH100. Not good for much else. But a hd/blu-ray drive in a PC great idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dual Format Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › LG BH100 will NOT play list