or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › LG BH100 will NOT play list
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG BH100 will NOT play list - Page 8

post #211 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

That sound like a great use for the LG BH100. Not good for much else. But a hd/blu-ray drive in a PC great idea.

Is there any cases of this actually working? It would be interesting if true!
post #212 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrimore View Post

Is there any cases of this actually working? It would be interesting if true!

Why wouldn't it? It's just an SATA drive.
post #213 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post

Why wouldn't it? It's just an SATA drive.

That you paid $1,000 for!
post #214 of 238
I wonder how many people actually paid that much though. I got one for my dad for $180 after the format war ended.
post #215 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post

I wonder how many people actually paid that much though. I got one for my dad for $180 after the format war ended.

I was one of the early adopters, paid just under a grand for the unit. Remember it started at $1,200.
post #216 of 238
Here is the new BH100 s/w. Just burn the iso image to a dvd.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...0329a-zip.html
post #217 of 238
Awesome!!!!
post #218 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashou66 View Post

Awesome!!!!

The last update per the LG website was

disc_update_090121a_kernel_0203a.zip

That was released Jan 21, 2009, as noted in the first post of this thread. I just check the LG support site again today (4/12/2010). There is nothing newer listed. I would NOT download an LG update from any other site. I would only down load an update from the official LG support site.
post #219 of 238
Samsungmaster can be trusted...he's provided BH200 firmware on repeated occasions, all of it legit.
post #220 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPowers View Post

The last update per the LG website was

disc_update_090121a_kernel_0203a.zip

That was released Jan 21, 2009, as noted in the first post of this thread. I just check the LG support site again today (4/12/2010). There is nothing newer listed. I would NOT download an LG update from any other site. I would only down load an update from the official LG support site.

Sammy is the only LG employee or past employee I trust.

Loaded the Bh200 firmware he posted today as well and now UP! play's no problem, when I get home tonight i am hooking up the BH100 and giving it a go with some disc's it had issues with.

Athanasios
post #221 of 238
Awesome. Let us know what titles it fixes.
post #222 of 238
Well the X-file movies play!!!!
Now i'll putt his back into my system for the HD-dvds and region free.

Athanasios
post #223 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post

Awesome. Let us know what titles it fixes.


Here is a list of titles that the s/w address but I do know it fixes more than what is listed.

Public Enemies
Akira
Doubt
Earth
Miracle at St Anna
Pinocchio
Friday the 13th
Avatar
post #224 of 238
Great! Do you know if there was a specific problem that was causing several titles to freeze the player? And if so, is it likely that the player will be able to play new titles with less chance of them not working now?

Trying to determine whether to tell my dad to hang on to this player for sometime longer.
post #225 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmos View Post

Great! Do you know if there was a specific problem that was causing several titles to freeze the player? And if so, is it likely that the player will be able to play new titles with less chance of them not working now?

Trying to determine whether to tell my dad to hang on to this player for sometime longer.

The Disney movies were not working due to some changes in the way there were authored. The same goes for other titles. This should make the player more reliable with new releases with the new s/w.
post #226 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

The Disney movies were not working due to some changes in the way there were authored. The same goes for other titles. This should make the player more reliable with new releases with the new s/w.

Now I am glad I did not get rid of this player!
post #227 of 238
Thanks so much for this update. I was at wits end and about to replace the unit but this s/w upgrade has made the player functional again. Much, much appreciated. Avatar now playing in my basement theater
post #228 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Samsungmaster can be trusted...he's provided BH200 firmware on repeated occasions, all of it legit.

Ok . Biased on your recommendation and a little research I tried the download. and so far it worked, at least it loaded. Have not tried an Disks yet? This player is in the bedroom and does not get used much.
post #229 of 238
{disregard}
Installed the BH021003330A update from the LG site.

Cannot play "Dude Where's My Car" (teenage son's disc, not mine!) and "The Time Traveler's Wife" (Netflix). Both spin for a minute or so and then eject with a "Disk Error" message. Both play fine on a Sony player.
post #230 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by betona View Post

Installed the BH021003330A update from the LG site.

Cannot play "Dude Where's My Car" (teenage son's disc, not mine!) and "The Time Traveler's Wife" (Netflix). Both spin for a minute or so and then eject with a "Disk Error" message. Both play fine on a Sony player.

I am pretty sure that is BH200 firmware. It can't load on a BH100.
post #231 of 238
Aww, hell, wrong thread. My apologies.
post #232 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungmaster View Post

Here is the new BH100 s/w. Just burn the iso image to a dvd.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...0329a-zip.html

Samsungmaster,is this update for Europian version as well,because I am getting Disc error when I burn with DVD decripter(strangely,it shows folder with iso extention,not iso file like before).On official site they gave different explanation how to make update on DVD R than before.I had no problem with previous updates,only with this new one.
post #233 of 238
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujkadusko View Post

Samsungmaster,is this update for Europian version as well,because I am getting Disc error when I burn with DVD decripter(strangely,it shows folder with iso extention,not iso file like before).On official site they gave different explanation how to make update on DVD R than before.I had no problem with previous updates,only with this new one.

I downloaded the file and burned to DVD using Decripter. Worked great not problems. I live in the uSA.
post #234 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujkadusko View Post

Samsungmaster,is this update for Europian version as well,because I am getting Disc error when I burn with DVD decripter(strangely,it shows folder with iso extention,not iso file like before).On official site they gave different explanation how to make update on DVD R than before.I had no problem with previous updates,only with this new one.

i'm italian and the samsungmaster's update works fine on my player
post #235 of 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by billi16 View Post

i'm italian and the samsungmaster's update works fine on my player

I've used the update on my Australian player and it works fine as well
post #236 of 238
ive been able to update only twice the bh100 lg blu ray player. i hadnt had any video or audio drop outs until recently. when i purchased avatar on blu ray . i had to call them so they could send me the new update. and the one they gave me was bh 01100329A . they confirmed to me numerous times that , that was the lastest firmware. and after i sat watching the movie i noticed that close to the end of the film. there are audio drop outs and small freezes but no error messages. though the audio will continue to drop out close to the ending chapters then regain its regular audio without any dropout of any kind .



this is a list of all the movies i own that ive been able to play with this new firmware update.

bruce lee enter the dragon hd
beowulf hd
rambo blu ray
curse of the golden flower hd
king kong blu ray
hellboy 2 golden army blu ray
journey to the center of the earth blu ray
happy feet hd
planet earth blu ray
celin dion a new day blu ray

santana hd
toto hd

issues with only one
and that is avatar it does play and the audio is good though except at the end close to the end of the film ...

and this is with the new firmware update bh01100329A
post #237 of 238
I just rented the new Karate Kid Blu-ray, but it seems to not play. Has anyone else been able to play this disc with firmware BH01100329A?
post #238 of 238
TOY STORY 3 won't play in my machine (TS 1 & 2 play fine). It freezes up after the language-selection screen and eventually gives you a weird garbled image of the menu screen but won't really play anything you select.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dual Format Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Dual Format Players › LG BH100 will NOT play list