Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare buildDev() (previously declared in /var/www/sites/huddler/releases/bff1317d84a351e4e0bd8df4293a7da27e5893cd/common/common.php:123) in /var/www/sites/huddler/releases/00d4cb2d9f3939205a41b40aa466d0995f521d2a/common/common.php on line 123
Show Your HTPC Setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Case: Norco RPC-470
CPU: Phenom II x4 925
Heatsink: Thermalright Ultima-90
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3
Video: Sapphire HD4830 HDMI
HDD: 64gig Crucial M4
PSU: Corsair 650HX
Screen: 106" Elite Screen with Epson Home Cinema 8350
LG GGC-H20LK HD-DVD/Blu-Ray
AVR: Yamaha RX-V671
Front Speakers: Klipsch KF-28
Center Speaker: Klipsch C-1
Side Speakers: Klipsch S-2
Sub: Klipsch SW-350
Edited by Wicked Klown - 11/29/12 at 7:30pm
Case - NMEDIA PC - HTPC 400BA
Mobo: K8Upgrade-NF3 AMD Socket 754
CPU: Sempron 64 - 3400+ Socket 754.
Video Card: ATI Radeon 800XL AGP
Main Harddrive - Maxtor ATA133 - 80 gig HD.
Media Drive - Seagate SATA2 - 500 gig HD.
DVD Burner :Sony DVD Writer
RAM: Two Sticks of 512 MEG of Generic DDR 400 RAM.
OS : Windows XP Home
MCE Software: SAGE TV.
Wireless Keyboard: NMEDIA PC 2.4GHZ wireless keyboard
Remote: Windows Media Remote V2.0
TV Tuner: (2 Hauppauge 150)
Wireless Lan Card: DLINK WDA-1320
Power Supply: Silverstone ST50EF-Plus (500W)
LG 37LB4D(120Hz, supports 1080p/60p/30p/24p)
Scientific Atlantic Explorer 1840(for Rogers)
Sony 60GB PS3
Sony Receiver STR-DE898
Sony 7.1 speakers
HP DEC Z545(P4 3Ghz, 1.5GB Ram, 250GB HD, 300GB removable HD, Dual Wintv tuner)
HP Media Vault(upgraded to 1TB, Holds Tv shows and Movies)
Upgrading to a E6600, 2GB of ram, 300GB HD, New HTPC case unsure of what one yet, LG Bluray/HDDVD drive, Ati 2600XT 512mb video card, ATi tv wonder 650x2 or Hauppauge pvr500MCEx2, Pioneer VST1017 receiver or the 9120 and Bose Acoustimass 16 black. One part a paycheck
As you walk into the room..
A closer look. This HTPC is in an Ahanix D4 case, sitting in that cabinet under the mirror. This is connected to a HDMI switch, which is in turn connected to an Infocus IN 72 projector. On the audio side, it's connected to a run of the mill Pioneer VSX receiver using digital coax.
The screen. DIY, using a velvet cloth encased frame, with Pioneer plasma speakers attached to the screen itself. My design. Didn't need surround sound in this room. The plasma speakers and a sub are more than enough. (The image displayed right now, is of course with all lights on and with the flash on in the camera. I can build computers, but I don't take pictures that well. Still have to try some shooting int he dark to take screen shots of the displayed video quality.
View from the couch.. (You can see the sub sitting under the side table)
Is that a bottle of Späten Lager on the coffee table? I like you even more.....
So where's the monster RAID box??? Come on, I showed you mine, now show us yours!
Ask and ye shall receive. Sits in the garage.... this was the final product..
DIY homebuilt 19" rack (total cost about $35..mostly wood and plywood). (Yes, that's a Lotus in the background...)
The drives array (This is just one of them, the other one is down for maintenance right now..actually so are some of the disks in this one..I'm trying out ZFS...)
- AMD X2 4200+
- Biostar Tforce TA690GAM2 with HDMI
- Seasonic S12-430HB PS
- 2 x Crucial 1 Gb RAM
- WD SATA 2 500Gb HD
- MS keyboard, MCE remote and receiver
- Pioneer DVD-ROM drive
- Cheapo wireless G USB adaptor
Software: MCE 2005, TheaterTek DVD, Zoom Player
Custom made stainless steel/glass A/V unit.
Sony KFE42A10 - Rogers SA 8300 HD PVR - Pioneer DV-656A - Denon 1507 Receiver - SMC EZ-Stream Wireless Audio Adaptor
* Samsung 46" 720P DLP TV
* Pioneer VSX-D811S 6.1 channel 600w receiver
* Custom-built Vista Media Center box in Antec NSK-2400 case
Abit NF-M2 Nview Geforce 6150 mobo
A64 3500+, soon to be A64 X2 4800+
2GB DDR2-800 RAM
256MB Geforce 7600GS video card
80GB 2.5" primary HDD and 300GB 3.5" media HDD
NEC 3500 DVD-R/W drive
* Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000s, ProCenter 1000 and ProSub 200TL
Weird, I think you have the same house as I do! That wall can actually support the weight of the television? It can't be a plasma, those things are heavy!
I have some things in here that are rarely used anymore..the PS3 was mostly used as a blu-ray player, so that is hardly used used now and the Toshiba HD-DVD is not used at all. I'm just dreaming of the day I can get rid of my FiOS HD-DVR and just use my wonderful machine for everything. Some day!!
Yeah it is plasma. I actually had to remove all that trim, take the drywall down and add studs to the wall to get it to work. It is very strong now. Really the TV only weighs like 100lbs.
HarmonKardon AVR240 > Spdif 7.1 config: 4ohm
Main L,R = RW-500
Center = RW-120
Surround = 4x Miken Audio
Sunfire LowEnd amplifier ; 2,700 watt: 2ohm
Subwoofer west = DIY Swan HiVi 10" & 2lb 10" Passive rad.
Subwoofer east = DIY TCsound2K DualVC & 2x 2.5lb Passive rad's
Silverstone LC14 Case, 4 Line VFD
CPU = Intel Q6600 Quad Core *LiquidCooled*
MotherBoard = Asus P5W-DigitalHome *LiquidCooled*
Mem = 2 Gb 1066mhz DDR2 *LiquidCooled*
HardDrive = 1.6 Terabytes,HDTV Video,Vista x64
Video = HD 3870X2 *LiquidCooled*,
Monitot = AKAI 42"PDP (Samsung) DVI-D > 480,720,1080i
Live Media = PCI DVB-Satellite,PCI ATSC-OTA,HD-DVD
Audio = SPDIF to AVR240
not sure how to upload image within post?
- Show Your HTPC Setup
- › Roomie Remote 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Panasonic HC-V720 Owners Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Philharmonic Audio - Dennis Murphy 46 seconds ago
- › Is the forum formatting itself differently? 52 seconds ago
- › AV Receiver will not display signal to TV's HDMI1 (ARC) input 1 minute ago
- › Running two monitors off a PS4? 1 minute ago
- › 'The Sound of Music' live on NBC 1 minute ago
- › The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread 1 minute ago
- › Homeworx HW-150PVR, Support and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Klipsch home theater system 1 minute ago
- › Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (Blu-ray) by Jar Jar Insano
- › Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT50 55 Inch Plasma TV by Latinoheat
- › Sony KDL-60R550A 60-Inch 120Hz 1080p LED HDTV (Black) by uedatao
- › Sharp LC-90LE657 90-inch LED 3D HDTV by Beemerphreak
- › Sharp HE LC-70UD1U 70-Inch Aquos 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV by Chad B
- › Toshiba 50L4300U 50-Inch Smart LED HDTV by quattroG
- › Panasonic TC-L58E60 58-Inch Smart LED HDTV by zepto
- › Control 4 - Hc-300c Home Controller C4-hc300c-e-b by aspoerri
- › Seaton Sound Catalyst 12C by Blackdevil77
- › Live Free or Die Hard [Blu-ray] by jlocice1
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars of... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013 by skehoe
- › Top Blu-rays for 2013 by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray Players of 2013 by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 5 Plasma TVs of 2013 by skehoe
- › Ron's Amazing Upgraded HD Effect Pen Camera by rolgin28
- › Review Contest Terms & Conditions by SocialCapital