or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Viewsonic Pro8100 1080p Projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viewsonic Pro8100 1080p Projector - Page 307

post #9181 of 9206
According to the manual, the flashing red or orange LED is indicative of some type of lamp error.
post #9182 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeklight1 View Post

I have indeed tried changing the source both by remote and manually. I've also noticed that it doesn't work on either HDMI port no matter if I use my existing cables/switcher or use a fresh HDMI cable to plug in directly. I have a Wii hooked up composite as well and though it reads a signal it only displays a black screen.

I get a flashing amber sometimes when it's on - still wondering if the lamp just isn't seated in there correctly.

Hoping someone might have a clue and meanwhile I'll just keep fiddling!

Since you get the Precision logo, I would guess the lamp is working .. it sounds like your devices are not syncing .. maybe try a full reset .. ??
post #9183 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post


Since you get the Precision logo, I would guess the lamp is working .. it sounds like your devices are not syncing .. maybe try a full reset .. ??

 

Okay - update... looks like the old lamp is working (new one only gets a orange/blinking orange indicating lamp error). I've rerouted my component signal which now displays fine when connected to my set top box. It was not working when hooked up to my Wii (got signal but was black screen).

 

However, it looks like the HDMI inputs are both not getting a signal at all and still just stick with the precision logo.

 

I'm wondering if maybe something got fried on the circuit board relating to the HDMI ports?

 

Looks like I may have to settle for some TV-only action for some time and just end up replacing the projector when the lamp dies.... lasted a good while but not sure what else to do to get the HDMI up and running.

 

Any ideas on what might be the case and if there's a way to do a full hardware reset? (Couldn't find any reference to that anywhere...)

post #9184 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeklight1 View Post

Okay - update... looks like the old lamp is working (new one only gets a orange/blinking orange indicating lamp error). I've rerouted my component signal which now displays fine when connected to my set top box. It was not working when hooked up to my Wii (got signal but was black screen).

However, it looks like the HDMI inputs are both not getting a signal at all and still just stick with the precision logo.

I'm wondering if maybe something got fried on the circuit board relating to the HDMI ports?

Looks like I may have to settle for some TV-only action for some time and just end up replacing the projector when the lamp dies.... lasted a good while but not sure what else to do to get the HDMI up and running.

Any ideas on what might be the case and if there's a way to do a full hardware reset? (Couldn't find any reference to that anywhere...)

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1231485/official-viewsonic-pro8100-1080p-projector-thread-part-2

you might also try re-flashing the firmware ..
post #9185 of 9206
IIRC, Early users found that the HDMI ports were very fragile and broke easily. This may be what Uncle Willie was pointing you to in the other thread.
post #9186 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

IIRC, Early users found that the HDMI ports were very fragile and broke easily. This may be what Uncle Willie was pointing you to in the other thread.

+!

I treat HDMI ports as fragile on all my equipment.wink.gif

Ed
post #9187 of 9206
do any of you guys have a problem with serious sub action ? my subs are not wimpy, and i moved them close to the pj. when there is a large boom or something, the pj wigs out (acts as if it looses signal. and then is searching for said signal). just wondering.
post #9188 of 9206
I don't have a problem. Sounds like a bad connection. Maybe the HDMI connector(s) went Tango Uniform. eek.gif
post #9189 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post

do any of you guys have a problem with serious sub action ? my subs are not wimpy, and i moved them close to the pj. when there is a large boom or something, the pj wigs out (acts as if it looses signal. and then is searching for said signal). just wondering.

My 8100 is mounted downstairs .. when the grandkids visit and are stomping and jumping around upstairs, other than the jiggling from the floor moving, the signal still stays rock steady ..

I run a 7.2 setup with some pretty hefty subs as well and have never had a signal problem, although I have rattled pictures off the wall ..
post #9190 of 9206
I've got 2 good size subs and crank out a lot of bass in an action movie--never had a problem but they're located on the opposite end of the room from the pj. Maybe you need to move them away from the pj?

Ed
post #9191 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I don't have a problem. Sounds like a bad connection. Maybe the HDMI connector(s) went Tango Uniform. eek.gif

Or Tango Delta ???wink.gif

Ed (OLD jarhead radio operator)
post #9192 of 9206
Not sure of the meaning of TD.
post #9193 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Not sure of the meaning of TD.

Tango Uniform
Ti*s Up

Tango Delta
T*ts Down

Ed
post #9194 of 9206
Thanks, that's a new one for me.
post #9195 of 9206
ok, thanx. its not a connection problem. the cable is secured just below the pj.
post #9196 of 9206
Have you tried barely wiggling the connector?
post #9197 of 9206
one doubt, its impossible to thet the vs8100 new and at a good price??
post #9198 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido View Post

one doubt, its impossible to thet the vs8100 new and at a good price??

Here.


And here
.

Be sure to ask if they have "horizontal banding" as there is currently no known fix for this.
post #9199 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Here.


And here
.

Be sure to ask if they have "horizontal banding" as there is currently no known fix for this.
thanks smile.gif
post #9200 of 9206

Hi, My first post. I bought one of these and I love it. Anyone who sees the image is blown away.

 

I just wanted to relay a tip I have figured out. I was getting the lamp error "orange" flashing. My projector would not turn on. I realized a pattern. It was COLD! These things are super susceptible to the cold. I keep my house at 65 but it doesnt seem to matter. When it gets cold outside, it will not turn on. My solution was a hairdryer. I run a hairdryer on low heat high for about 3 mins before I turn the projector on. Works like a charm.

 

Next time you get the lamp error, make sure the lamp is warm enough. And one other thing. Dont make your projector share an electrical source. I plug mine into surge protector all on its lonesome.

post #9201 of 9206
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the "cold lamp" info. Hadn't heard that before.

Might want to check out this thread as it has a lot of info w/o having to wade thru 9,200+ posts here.
post #9202 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Mcginnis View Post

Hi, My first post. I bought one of these and I love it. Anyone who sees the image is blown away.

I just wanted to relay a tip I have figured out. I was getting the lamp error "orange" flashing. My projector would not turn on. I realized a pattern. It was COLD! These things are super susceptible to the cold. I keep my house at 65 but it doesnt seem to matter. When it gets cold outside, it will not turn on. My solution was a hairdryer. I run a hairdryer on low heat high for about 3 mins before I turn the projector on. Works like a charm.

Next time you get the lamp error, make sure the lamp is warm enough. And one other thing. Dont make your projector share an electrical source. I plug mine into surge protector all on its lonesome.

Welcome aboard Tom! Very interesting solution for the lamp error. Hey, whatever works!

Ed
post #9203 of 9206
Hey Tom! Glad to hear your enjoying the projector!

Mine is at just under 3200 hours!! And as of tonight, I finally updated the settings from Dark Rider's "Eco" settings on page 161, to his "2200" hour settings on page 277 ...All I can say it WoW! Colors and Brightness! Woo Hoo! Its like brand new again, and dare I say I don't ever remember it ever having this much pop! Im kicking myself for not changing the settings a 1000 hours ago! What a machine! And what a thread! 300 + pages! Yee Haw! Keep on Rocking everybody!
post #9204 of 9206
Was just looking on Amazon for some microfilter material since I'm running out and found the review from 73shark that he ordered the Eureka Endust filters for his VS8100! Small world ain't it. Ordered 'em.wink.gif

Ed
post #9205 of 9206
Just got your mention on Amazon. You will have to cut it to size. After cutting, I vacuumed the cut edge to remove any l loose fibers. So far it has performed well.
post #9206 of 9206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Just got your mention on Amazon. You will have to cut it to size. After cutting, I vacuumed the cut edge to remove any l loose fibers. So far it has performed well.

Yep, gotcha. I've been using them since I got the pj (3 1/2 yrs. ago?) but wanted to get get some more since I was running out.

Ed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Viewsonic Pro8100 1080p Projector