or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Show us your screenshots!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your screenshots!! - Page 6

post #151 of 3000
dont wanna party poop, but we can see all those sweet shots in the other thread:
CRT Screenshot War!
post #152 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

that wall is crying for an ht5000

A replacement is called for; just don't know what yet. (Maybe I will after the shootout.) The seats are 12' from the screen and can't be moved back.

I have a CIH lens now, not yet installed, so the screen is at least getting wider.
post #153 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianM View Post

I see it too. It could be his dcam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casenpt1 View Post

I took my new AE2000 to Cliff's tonight to see it on his 120" wide SMX screen.

Bluray @ 1080P






It's not; it's actually the way it was rendered in the movie. Here's a shot from my lowly Panny AX200 on a DIY 106" diag. Roc-Lon screen:

post #154 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-not-k View Post

A replacement is called for; just don't know what yet. (Maybe I will after the shootout.) The seats are 12' from the screen and can't be moved back.

Art's first row from 14ft wide is 11ft.

Cliff
post #155 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post

It's not; it's actually the way it was rendered in the movie. Here's a shot from my lowly Panny AX200:


Thanks for clarification. I always thought it was red but apparently not in all clips.
post #156 of 3000
It is funny that my recent screenshots looked more orange than what I saw on my screen.
Dcams add their own.
post #157 of 3000
I have a sugestion....

Lets do a compare.. every one take the same screen shot, from the same movie on the same format and at the same chapter and time......and compare
we can even get overclkr in on this one.

First I would guess that we need to pick a common HD-DVD or Blu-ray
Then pick a scene and get the chapter and time.

Take your screen shot and submit.
What do you guys think?

RayJr
post #158 of 3000
I suggested that like 3 pages ago but didnt get a response, probably because it got hidden away with all the screenshots . I'm up for the challenge!
post #159 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttabean View Post

About we try a "best screen shot" for a specific scene. We have to mimic a screen shot see if we can beat it. Only one pic per user so there isnt a million pics then have a poll to pick best user pic. Just have to post the time you took it on the movie .

You were correct
Lets do it.....who is in?

once we figure it out, we can set the image size.

RayJr
post #160 of 3000
I'm in.

We clearly want Cliff, and Clarence in.
post #161 of 3000
Somebody said about a page ago that there should be more 5th Element. I'm allways ready for that but all I have is a copy on my DVR from when it was on TNT, enjoy:













Yeah I know that the G90's and RS1's look better but a Domino will have to do the trick at my place...for now.

bguzman
post #162 of 3000
bguzman, What PJ are you using?
post #163 of 3000
Hello,

Here are a few screenshots from the new InFocus IN82 1080p DLP Projector taken 15.5 feet away from our 110" DNP Supernova Screen.

Link: http://www.highendpalace.com/HEP%20Projectors.htm


Picture samples from the InFocus IN82 1080p projector shot in high-resolution 15.5 feet away on a 110" DNP Supernova Reference Screen. Source: One of our reference demo movie Mel Gibson's APOCALYPTO in High-Definition Blu-Ray Disk:

http://www.highendpalace.com/129300.jpg

http://www.highendpalace.com/129700.jpg


Scenes from the movie CLOSER in High-Definition Blu-Ray Disk with Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman:

http://www.highendpalace.com/129400.jpg

http://www.highendpalace.com/129500.jpg


Scene from the movie DONNIE BRASCO in High-Definition Blu-Ray Disk with Al Pacino:

http://www.highendpalace.com/129600.jpg


Enjoy,
Larry Diaz from High-End Palace
Tel: 786 388-8050
E-mail: larry@highendpalace.com
Website: www.highendpalace.com
post #164 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

I'm in.

We clearly want Cliff, and Clarence in.

You clearly want to lose.
post #165 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFERENCE LARRY View Post

Hello,

Here are a few screen shots from the new InFocus IN82 1080p DLP Projector taken 15.5 feet away from our DNP Supernova Screen.

Enjoy,
Larry Diaz from High-End Palace

What size screen is that?
post #166 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple View Post

bguzman, What PJ are you using?

Bguzman is using Sim2 Domino 30 I think (from a few pages back).
post #167 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

You clearly want to lose.

It would not bother me..how much do stacked G90 cost compared to my RS1.
If I can get 90% of the picture for RS1 price....I am happy

SO lets do this.

What format are we using..HD-DVD or Blu-ray?
What movie?
What scene?

Throw ideas out there...

RayJr
Ready with the Canon 20D and tripod
post #168 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFERENCE LARRY View Post

Hello,

Here are a few screen shots from the new InFocus IN82 1080p DLP Projector taken 15.5 feet away from our DNP Supernova Screen.

Link: http://www.highendpalace.com/HEP%20Projectors.htm

Enjoy,
Larry Diaz from High-End Palace
Tel: 786 388-8050
E-mail: larry@highendpalace.com
Website: www.highendpalace.com

Hello Larry, welcome to the forum
post #169 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple View Post

bguzman, What PJ are you using?

emalloc is correct.

It is a Sim2 Domino 30H projecting to a 106" DIY DW laminate screen 13.5 feet away. Hardly a match for Larry's setup. That screen alone is more than twice the cost of my complete theater. http://www.screenhead.com/reviews/ho...ernova-screen/ Also I did not hire a professional photographer to do my screen shots, obviously. Maybe we could have a couple of different categories, ie, 1080, 720, CRT, Digital etc. Just a thought.

bguzman
post #170 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post

It would not bother me..how much do stacked G90 cost compared to my RS1.
If I can get 90% of the picture for RS1 price....I am happy

SO lets do this.

What format are we using..HD-DVD or Blu-ray?
What movie?
What scene?

Throw ideas out there...

RayJr
Ready with the Canon 20D and tripod

RayJr,

Are there any decent neutral titles (BD & HD-DVD) you can think of? 2001 ASO has some pretty good eye candy scenes in it.

IDEA 1

Take a look at Universal HD or TNT-HD schedules and see if there is something decent coming up this weekend that we can all record and use. Assuming everyone has a DVR.

IDEA 2....still thinking

Ryan
post #171 of 3000
I think you probably want to take pictures that would point out differences in the projectors, and that everyone has easy access to.

Also remember it's very hard to compare screen shots. Someone may have a crap camera but a superior image and nobody would ever know! Also their setup may stink (ambient light, screen too large, projector too close/far, crap cables, etc.). I.e. if you take the same PJ and project from 10 ft instead of 20, you'll get a brighter image at a sacrifice of CR.

Black level, contrast ratio, lumens at D65, color accuracy, detail/sharpness...how are we going to compare all of these?

Not wanting to be a stickler or drama queen about it, but it will be very difficult I think. I'm sure I could go run over to the G90 stack or Art's HT5000 and take you a complete crap picture that wouldn't represent their setup at all. =D

-ELmO
post #172 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Puppy View Post

It's not; it's actually the way it was rendered in the movie. Here's a shot from my lowly Panny AX200 on a DIY 106" diag. Roc-Lon screen:

Sick Puppy,

As much as I love your screen shots and my AX200, I don't think it's a fair comparison to say that's how it was rendered in the movie by comparing a Panasonic AX200 with a Panasonic AE2000...

post #173 of 3000
Thanks buddy!
post #174 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

I think you probably want to take pictures that would point out differences in the projectors, and that everyone has easy access to.

Also remember it's very hard to compare screen shots. Someone may have a crap camera but a superior image and nobody would ever know! Also their setup may stink (ambient light, screen too large, projector too close/far, crap cables, etc.). I.e. if you take the same PJ and project from 10 ft instead of 20, you'll get a brighter image at a sacrifice of CR.

Black level, contrast ratio, lumens at D65, color accuracy, detail/sharpness...how are we going to compare all of these?

Not wanting to be a stickler or drama queen about it, but it will be very difficult I think. I'm sure I could go run over to the G90 stack or Art's HT5000 and take you a complete crap picture that wouldn't represent their setup at all. =D

-ELmO

ELmO,

This is a screen shot war. And in war whoever has the best weapons, technology, and army win!! Both side aren't necessary at even strength when battling it out!!

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying and I think it's fair to say that no one should be buying a projector based upon just screen shots. If you like what you see, PM the shot poster and find out what his/her setup is and seek out a demonstration to see it yourself. I propose that once we settle on a media source and time reference that everyone take their screen shots and send to me. I'll create a matrix of the shots listing everyone's equipment and host it. What do you say?

Ryan
post #175 of 3000
i was thinking about everyone send them to you then you make a poll with each ss as a choice with noone knowing who took the shot and equipment
post #176 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

I think you probably want to take pictures that would point out differences in the projectors, and that everyone has easy access to.

Also remember it's very hard to compare screen shots. Someone may have a crap camera but a superior image and nobody would ever know! Also their setup may stink (ambient light, screen too large, projector too close/far, crap cables, etc.). I.e. if you take the same PJ and project from 10 ft instead of 20, you'll get a brighter image at a sacrifice of CR.

Black level, contrast ratio, lumens at D65, color accuracy, detail/sharpness...how are we going to compare all of these?

Not wanting to be a stickler or drama queen about it, but it will be very difficult I think. I'm sure I could go run over to the G90 stack or Art's HT5000 and take you a complete crap picture that wouldn't represent their setup at all. =D

-ELmO

This is an excellent post on this subject. There are things like panel registration errors,CA ,artifacts etc that screen shots are useful for but other than that IMO they are of very very little utility in determining/comparing picture quality.

You could have a projector that is sharp,has good color accuarcy and is pumping out all of two or three fL and if you leave the shutter open long enough it will look great in a screen shot and crap in person just as one example.
post #177 of 3000
Art when you going to update your website
post #178 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttabean View Post

Art when you going to update your website

Hopefully this weekend.

Art
post #179 of 3000
Looking forward to checking it out
post #180 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post

Sick Puppy,

As much as I love your screen shots and my AX200, I don't think it's a fair comparison to say that's how it was rendered in the movie by comparing a Panasonic AX200 with a Panasonic AE2000...


Honestly, I would've thought the same thing. But, I noticed that my image is much shaper and detailed (mine is the bottom one). It just goes to show with the right screenshot, one can make a sub-quality pj better than a superior one. And I'm only projecting on a 106" screen.

I only posted up my shot to show that McQueen actually does look orange in that shot. It had bothered me when I first saw it, but since it's showing up on the 2000 as well, I've accepted it as a source material issue.

Cheers,
JD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Show us your screenshots!!