or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Show us your screenshots!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your screenshots!! - Page 2

post #31 of 3000
All the RS1's screenshots rock!
post #32 of 3000
JVC RS1
135" 16:9 1.5 gain Stewart
Toshiba A35 1080p24hz
I have to play with the camera alittle more.

post #33 of 3000
Sony VPL VW50
Da Lite 92" Screen (1.4 Gain)
Sony PS3 (1080P/24F)
Picture taken with my older crappy Sony digicam


I didn't play with the setting that much since I just got it today.
post #34 of 3000
A few more...





I love my RS1
RayJr
post #35 of 3000
Keep DREAMING guys.















Cliffy
post #36 of 3000
Thread Starter 
I need to tweak my brightness level and gamma at low IRE on the Crystalio input for the BD1K. Other than that it's pretty good.

Samsung BD1K --> Crystalio C2-3300 --> DLA-RS1 -->SilverStar 106"
Shots taken with an Olympus E-10 DSLR



post #37 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg152 View Post

I need to tweak my brightness level and gamma at low IRE on the Crystalio input for the BD1K. Other than that it's pretty good.

Samsung BD1K --> Crystalio C2-3300 --> DLA-RS1 -->SilverStar 106"
Shots taken with an Olympus E-10 DSLR




BAH!!!!!!!!













































Just kidding.

Cliffy
post #38 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

BAH!!!!!!!!


Just kidding.

Cliffy

Just be patient!!! I'm still tweaking in my BD player to the C2.
post #39 of 3000
While we are waiting.......

















Cliffy
post #40 of 3000
Thread Starter 
A couple of shots from Transformers. I'm getting a little better with my shots now!!

HD-A1 --> Crystalio 2-3300 --> DLA-RS1 --> SilverStar 106"
Olympus E-10 DSLR







post #41 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

While we are waiting.......






Cliffy

I love the Greyscale shots. Is that Sin City?

BTW, don't make me drag my G90 back out!!

Ryan
post #42 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg152 View Post

A couple of shots from Transformers. I'm getting a little better with my shots now!!

HD-A1 --> Crystalio 2-3300 --> DLA-RS1 --> SilverStar 106"
Olympus E-10 DSLR



[/IMG]

Yummy.......

Check this yo:



SHAZAMMMMMM!!!!!!

Cliffy
post #43 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg152 View Post

I love the Greyscale shots. Is that Sin City?

BTW, don't make me drag my G90 back out!!

Ryan


Yep, and MPEG2 over COMCAST.

G90???? Uh huh. You need to get a second one.



Cliffy
post #44 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Yummy.......

Check this yo:

SHAZAMMMMMM!!!!!!

Cliffy

Your pic looks like mine off the screen. The heli pic of mine came out awful...look at the sky...it's completely washed out. I'm starting to wonder if my 6.0 gain SilverStar is causing a problem with some of my screenshots. Hmm....I've updated my signature accordingly!!
post #45 of 3000
OH yeah, this too:



Cliffy
post #46 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclkr View Post

Yep, and MPEG2 over COMCAST.

G90???? Uh huh. You need to get a second one.



Cliffy

I thought about it before going with the RS-1...but honestly I didn't feel like dealing with blending, a hushbox, ventilation, etc... And not to mention I don't have the space!!
post #47 of 3000
Me love this one.



Cliffy
post #48 of 3000
One more:

post #49 of 3000
Great thread guys. There's something really compelling about screenshots - even though we know there's nothing much we can learn from them apart from photographic skills.
post #50 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtimes View Post

Great thread guys. There's something really compelling about screenshots - even though we know there's nothing much we can learn from them apart from photographic skills.

I agree partially. If the image is bad the camera can't fix it but it could be a lot better than the camera is showing.

Art
post #51 of 3000
About we try a "best screen shot" for a specific scene. We have to mimic a screen shot see if we can beat it. Only one pic per user so there isnt a million pics then have a poll to pick best user pic. Just have to post the time you took it on the movie .
post #52 of 3000

Ruby 125" HP

or this one?








post #53 of 3000
I do believe properly taken screen shots can tell you something about a display's image.
But usually they don't do much because they are hard to get right.

Screen shots tend to come down more to the skill and experience of the photographer.
post #54 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

I agree partially. If the image is bad the camera can't fix it but it could be a lot better than the camera is showing.

Art

I like the use of them on projectorreviews.com where they intentionally over-expose to show shadow detail. I think they can communicate chromatic aberration, convergence and things like that too.
But there's lots of things read into screenshots which shouldn't be all the time on this forum.
Like any case of trying to compare one pj against another.
post #55 of 3000
Here are some from SM3, Cars, and an old favorite.














bguzman
post #56 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayjr View Post

Here are my screen shots....in the right thread...this time
Projector: JVC RS1
Player: Toshiba XA2
Screen: Da-Lite 106" Matte White High Contrast 1.1 Gain
Camera : Canon 20D in RAW mode
Lens: Sigma 28-70mm f:2.8-4 DG

Later
RayJr

Wow Ray, those look nice. I've never seen colors this nice come from a RS1... every RS1 I've seen has the over-blown, oversaturated reds/greens. I don't know if it's just your pics, a lot of processing, or if the colors look that good in person, but if they do look like that on the screen, you hit the JVC lottery!
post #57 of 3000
Cliffy... amazing.
post #58 of 3000
bguzman, that 300 shot is remarkable! What is your display device?

To make a fair screenshot battle, we'd have to throw out the variables which to me would include differing cameras and settings. To make it a fair fight, everyone would have to have the same cameras set up with the same settings, same resolution. Then I think you could make some differentiations between display devices IMO. None of this where some screenshot posters are actually taking them through Photoshop white balancing and posting them and tweaking them in god knows how many other ways! Also, as far as material, we'd have to pick an absolute frame from a reference level disc which to me is the human form as it's the most familiar to everyone. Shots that are taken from animated films and stylized movies look great but what's the reference? They are just not going to cut it for a screenshot battle royale IMO. I do agree that screenshots can not necessarily show how good the actual image is but it can tell you quite a bit, and when you see a great screenie, you know that someone has got it goin' on, baby!!
post #59 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtimes View Post

I like the use of them on projectorreviews.com where they intentionally over-expose to show shadow detail. I think they can communicate chromatic aberration, convergence and things like that too.
But there's lots of things read into screenshots which shouldn't be all the time on this forum.
Like any case of trying to compare one pj against another.

Oh yea, I agree they can be used to demonstrate panel errors, some artifacts like EE ,CA etc but they can't really tell you how good ther blacks were for one since the image can be biased during exposure. Color is another at least comparing different PJs or cameras.

I think they are big fun like everyone else though.

Art
post #60 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1 View Post

Wow Ray, those look nice. I've never seen colors this nice come from a RS1... every RS1 I've seen has the over-blown, oversaturated reds/greens. I don't know if it's just your pics, a lot of processing, or if the colors look that good in person, but if they do look like that on the screen, you hit the JVC lottery!

Agree, those are amazing . Are you using a VP? Also, what is that HD DVD of the waterfront town?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › Show us your screenshots!!