Originally Posted by stumacdo
so i guess the 705 won't be able to tell me anything when i hit the 'Display' button to verify that I'm indeed receiving TrueHD ?
Read the FAQ on post 1 of this thread.
the following section applies.
Topics Covered in "BLU RAY & HD DVD FAQ"
HI DEFINITION AUDIO QUESTIONS: (HD DVD & BLU RAY)
1) Why don’t I see True HD and DTS HD MA light up on my receiver when I play Blu Ray and HD DVD movies?
2) Is there a difference with letting my player decode vs letting my receiver decode?
3) Whats lossless (raw) bitstream? Isn't all bitstreaming the same?
4) I can't hear the audio in the special features section of my Blu Ray or HD DVD movies or any of the menu sound effects! How do I fix this?
5) Does my player output lossless bitstream?
PS: you know you getting true HD over PCM if you click info button on your player and it says TrueHD and tells you the audio bandwidth.. These high def formats usually stream at 4mbps or higher.
Old school lossy formats bandwidth is around 1.5mbps or lower.
thats how you know.