Originally Posted by PJ311
Gonna try this again here and see if I can find a solution, here are my problems:
1. I press 'mute' and all speakers go to max.
2. Anytime I loose power at my home or there is a power surge, I loose all of my settings on my receiver and have to do a reset and then program everything again.
I have spoken to a couple of people on this and I've been told it's a common problem with Onkyo's but I haven't seen anything here on it.
3. Cannot seem to get my 7.1 surround working with my PS3, will only allow 'Multichannel' setting and 5.1.
Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks.
1. Never heard of that one before! Check what your Muting Level is set at in Setup, Miscellaneous, Volume Setup..... Maybe it is set for its maximum level and you need to change it to the default? Although even the highest level of mute is supposed to be -10db! If that doesn't work, then set your Maximum Volume level to something safe for your speakers!
2. Typically there is either capacitors or some sort of battery back up on logic boards which saves settings for a period of time in case of a power interruption..... yours may be defective or in the case of a battery, it may be dead.... Best bet, eliminate the power interruptions by purchasing a UPS power supply/power strip/surge protector combo. they aren't that expensive anymore... $50 should get you in the ballpark for something! More expensive ones provide longer periods of power during outages...
3. This is a little vague, Are you saying that you have a 7.1 setup and that other sources work OK using one of the expansion sound modes such as.. Dolby Prologic 2x or Select 2Cinema? If so, it sounds like a set up or connection issue with your PS3. I assume you are connected with HDMI for it? Please elaborate....