or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here - Page 440

post #13171 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

What model number brand. I got the bluray player part from th forum title ; o )

The model number and brand are in the title of his post.
LL
post #13172 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post


The model number and brand are in the title of his post.

Time for a change request. The i-Pad app doesn't show titles in posts.
post #13173 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post


The model number and brand are in the title of his post.

Crap not on the iPad. who do I submit the CR to?
post #13174 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Crap not on the iPad. who do I submit the CR to?

Steve Jobs
post #13175 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post

Crap not on the iPad. who do I submit the CR to?

I found the best place to report problems wityh the iPad/iPhone app is here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post18720128

The developer checks it regularly.
post #13176 of 13490
Tech For Less is advertising an open box Pioneer BDP-320 for $265 and a refurbished one for $238. Would those be a better deal than a brand new Panasonic BD85k for $170? Is Tech for Less a reliable supplier?
post #13177 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperedwards81 View Post

Tech For Less is advertising an open box Pioneer BDP-320 for $265 and a refurbished one for $238. Would those be a better deal than a brand new Panasonic BD85k for $170? Is Tech for Less a reliable supplier?

as good as the BDP320 goes, the refurb / open box are NOT worth the quoted amount. SOME local bestbuys may still try to dump their display / open box BDP-320s for under $100.
post #13178 of 13490
I just got home from my local Wal-mart with a PS3 via the deal below. It's running through Sunday 12/19 while supplies last.


Basic PS3 for $299 with a $100 Gift Card
post #13179 of 13490
i too just came back from wally world and got the same deal 299-100 gift card. I think its a great deal, the gift card I spent on groceries that I was going to buy anyway... and I was just there to buy a blue ray player but could not pass on this
post #13180 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperedwards81 View Post

Tech For Less is advertising an open box Pioneer BDP-320 for $265 and a refurbished one for $238. Would those be a better deal than a brand new Panasonic BD85k for $170? Is Tech for Less a reliable supplier?


http://www.unitedonlineshopping.com/pibdblplbd.html
post #13181 of 13490
Quote:

Sounds like a LOT of money for a refurb. Check out BestBuy ...I've seen open box Pioneer 320's for $99 there......Also check out Ebay.
post #13182 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by techowiz View Post

Sounds like a LOT of money for a refurb. Check out BestBuy ...I've seen open box Pioneer 320's for $99 there......Also check out Ebay.

I don't think it's all that high considering you get 30 day return period and top rated service. I have no affiliation and have not purchased from this company.

I've watch Ebay for several months for a 320 and price for a used unit has been rising steadily along with new unused and these have no return no warranty. In my view $250 for a used unit without a return option is out of the question.

That leaves the $99 one at BBs. Might be alright. Though how long has it been since seeing one?
post #13183 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by estop View Post

I don't think it's all that high considering you get 30 day return period and top rated service. I have no affiliation and have not purchased from this company.

If you have never bought from them, then just how do you know that they give top rated service? And have you even fully read their return policy? Because if you read it, it notes that if you even open the box, then there is also a restocking charge for non defective returns. A 30 day return policy with a 15% restocking charge, is nothing great!



"30 Day Money Back Guarantee* If you are not completely satisfied with the product for any reason, you can return it for a refund (less the shipping charge) within 30 days from the date of receiving your purchase (except TVs). If the item has not been opened, there will be no restocking fee; however if the item has been opened there will be a 15% restocking fee applied. Your will either have your credit card credited or a check sent out to you for the refund amount, depending on your preference. We will process the refund within 48 hours of receipt of your returned merchandise. Items must be returned with the original double boxes and all accessories. If any accessories are missing, your refund will be delayed until the missing accessories are returned to us. You will need a return authorization number for return. please send us an e-mail"
post #13184 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

If you have never bought from them, then just how do you know that they give top rated service? And have you even fully read their return policy? Because if you read it, it notes that if you even open the box, then there is also a restocking charge for non defective returns. A 30 day return policy with a 15% restocking charge, is nothing great!



"30 Day Money Back Guarantee* If you are not completely satisfied with the product for any reason, you can return it for a refund (less the shipping charge) within 30 days from the date of receiving your purchase (except TVs). If the item has not been opened, there will be no restocking fee; however if the item has been opened there will be a 15% restocking fee applied. Your will either have your credit card credited or a check sent out to you for the refund amount, depending on your preference. We will process the refund within 48 hours of receipt of your returned merchandise. Items must be returned with the original double boxes and all accessories. If any accessories are missing, your refund will be delayed until the missing accessories are returned to us. You will need a return authorization number for return. please send us an e-mail"

How do I know they give top rated service. They have an excellent in-store rating and their ebay rating is 100% if memory serves. And yes I did read the return policy but you see I don't intend on returning unless there is a problem but if I decide to do so it wouldn't be exorbitant.

And price, $140 for a bdp 320 with a return policy is about the best one can find but maybe you know something I don't. On second thought, if I were you I'd buy locally.
post #13185 of 13490
BB is selling the Panny BD85 for $149.99.
post #13186 of 13490
BB has this Wi-Fi Netflix BD player for $90 this week. I got a virtually free $20 rebate on my Reward card account by email from BB ($1 per point) which had to be used by 12/24. I had a $10 gift card from a previous purchase which gave me my first BD player for $60 plus tax. The Wi-Fi, WPA encoded installed flawlessly. No BD's yet but Pandora Radio and DVD's work perfectly.
post #13187 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by estop View Post

I don't intend on returning unless there is a problem but if I decide to do so it wouldn't be exorbitant.

Oh really you don't think that eating the shipping cost for two ways and then also paying the 15% restocking charge onto that is not a lot to pay? Sorry, but with the combined shipping cost for sending it both to you and then the return back to them at roughly about $35-$40, and then adding on the 15% restocking fee onto that. That all adds up to somewhere about $58-$62, which is getting very close to 1/2 of the $140 selling price of the item.
post #13188 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by estop View Post

That leaves the $99 one at BBs. Might be alright. Though how long has it been since seeing one?

Saw one a couple of weeks ago, though with no remote or power cord and with two drawers full of demo remotes, couldn't find a functioning one to test it. They wouldn't include a power cord or remote of any type nor budge on the $100 (not $99) price plus no refund or store credit if I wasn't satisfied with it, so was a waste of time for me.

GM
post #13189 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla View Post

Oh really you don't think that eating the shipping cost for two ways and then also paying the 15% restocking charge onto that is not a lot to pay? Sorry, but with the combined shipping cost for sending it both to you and then the return back to them at roughly about $35-$40, and then adding on the 15% restocking fee onto that. That all adds up to somewhere about $58-$62, which is getting very close to 1/2 of the $140 selling price of the item.

Let's back up. The op was asking about Tech for Less and a refurbed bdp 320 for $238. They also have a restocking fee of 20% within 30 days and a warranty of 90 days. I wanted the op to at least know about united so he would have something to compare.

I would not purchase if I intended to send it back, this isn't window shopping, one buys with the intent to keep.
post #13190 of 13490
not intending to endorse any particular person or merchant (and not trying to contradict my earlier post), I do believe unitedonlineshopping is a reasonable supplier for BDP-320
Unlike most commercial online outlets, they have been around specializing with pioneer products for several years and carries a small but reasonable reputation.

Currently most existing Bestbuy BDP320 closeout units are beat-up display models likely w/o remote / documentations / cables. The only positive is they will not be DOA units but probably carry considerable hours on the laser.
Power cords / cables are cheap, but to purchase a genuine Pio BDP remote is likely a $40-50 venture in itself.

To each its own. Having 2 reasonable BDP-320 sources is better than none. This model has done well for its time and served its place in the books of BDP.
post #13191 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
BB is selling the Panny BD85 for $149.99.
Is this on line only or is this in store as well?
post #13192 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

Is this on line only or is this in store as well?



Both in store and on line.
post #13193 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzz View Post

...Currently most existing Bestbuy BDP320 closeout units are beat-up display models likely w/o remote / documentations / cables. The only positive is they will not be DOA units but probably carry considerable hours on the laser.
Power cords / cables are cheap, but to purchase a genuine Pio BDP remote is likely a $40-50 venture in itself.

True, but a universal JP1 remote can control anything at best buy. Absolutely every function can be added, and these remotes are only $1 (15-133, 15-134).
post #13194 of 13490
Well just joined the Penny site, bought the 58VT25 dam excellent set thought about the LG but decided on the Penny and I am glad.
post #13195 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyte View Post

I just got home from my local Wal-mart with a PS3 via the deal below. It's running through Sunday 12/19 while supplies last.

Basic PS3 for $299 with a $100 Gift Card

Couldn't pass on that deal, our local extended it a couple of days
post #13196 of 13490
Just scored a Denon DBP-1611UD from EE for $284 with free shipping and no tax. This was the best deal I could find. I just used their chat function and asked for their price. They only had a few in stock.
post #13197 of 13490
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron1974 View Post
Just scored a Denon DBP-1611UD from EE for $284 with free shipping and no tax. This was the best deal I could find. I just used their chat function and asked for their price. They only had a few in stock.
I wish that I could found a deal like that. but I found a Panasonic Bdt300 at Vero Beach for 239.00 dollars it was the only one they had. had to drive 100 miles to get it. The 3D that is checkerboard is a dream, the CD sound is super nice. It has tube sound that is develop by the owner of panasonic and is very close to the av tube sound. can not complain at all. And the price beat those prices that they have arround for 400.00 and 450.00 dollars. So far I am happy. On the weekend I will try different things with it.
post #13198 of 13490
Looks like there's a panny player on sale today at Fry's for those who missed out over the holidays:
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/a...vid=2519&type=

I think the SKU is a misprint because frys.com shows a HTIB set... could it possibly be a BD65K? I'm not going to find out because I got one from best buy over the thanksgiving weekend
post #13199 of 13490
I was at the Anaheim Frys this morning. The Panasonic is a BD45K, Not a deal as far as I am concerned.
post #13200 of 13490
Yeah, if it's just a BD45K, then it's not that much of a deal.
The Best Buy sale on the BD65K a month ago was much better! I ended up paying only $80 because I had a $20 gift card from last Christmas (that's how often I go to Best Buy )!

It was by chance I got it too... I wasn't even looking for a BD player, but was camera shopping instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here