or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › HD-DVD Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HD-DVD Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here - Page 275

post #8221 of 8408
I got that too.
post #8222 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmax2k1 View Post

I got that too.

It will be intersting to see where they are shipped from and how long it takes. Mine said shipped on the 4th with a FEDX number and no data online.
post #8223 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by etp View Post

It will be intersting to see where they are shipped from and how long it takes. Mine said shipped on the 4th with a FEDX number and no data online.

Same here.

Knock on wood, cross your fingers, etc...
post #8224 of 8408
same here, allegedly shipped on 4th but FedEx Ground tracking number doesn't work. my guess is the number has been assigned but not really shipped. I emailed support to see what's up. I'm ready to get this thing as my X-Box 360 player (hooked up via my PC) has jerky playback (audio and video) in WinDVD. it's worse on some discs than others. this $59 player is a lot cheaper than a new PC! ;-)
post #8225 of 8408
Checked my tracking number, and the FedEx website says delivery tomorrow! Called the local FedEx depot to arrange delivery (my driveway in innaccesible to most vehicles) and they verified that it should be in tomorrow.

I did notice that the FedEx site says:

Sep 4, 2008 3:23 PM : Package data transmitted to FedEx

Sep 9, 2008 9:24 PM: Arrived at FedEx location, CAROL STREAM, IL


Wahoo!
post #8226 of 8408
The SHD-7000 arrived today. I met the driver and opened it just to verify the discs were present and the player was in good condition. Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, just wanted to verify that they actually exist!
post #8227 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post

The SHD-7000 arrived today. I met the driver and opened it just to verify the discs were present and the player was in good condition. Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, just wanted to verify that they actually exist!

Nice. Mine is gonna be a while because of Ike

I live in a mandatory evac zone in Houston , and the Fedex tracking site says there will be delays for people in the hurricane's path.

I just hope I have a home after I get back to Houston...
post #8228 of 8408
Refurbished DV-HD805 players are back at shoponkyo.com.
Price is $299 plus they have a 10% off refrub sal on right now too. So it would be $270 minus any onkyo points you may have also. For me their stuff has always been tax free and free shipping, but that may vary from state to state.
HAPPY SHOPPING!
post #8229 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattor View Post

Nice. Mine is gonna be a while because of Ike

I live in a mandatory evac zone in Houston , and the Fedex tracking site says there will be delays for people in the hurricane's path.

I just hope I have a home after I get back to Houston...


Good luck, Dude. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

You guys are dealing with buy.com. You have my sympathies. They took forever to ship me a 32" LCD last year. I got tired of waiting for them as I had a satellite install coming up. I bought a DLP instead. I tried to cancel the order. They said the order couldn't be canceled because it had already shipped.
post #8230 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmax2k1 View Post

I got that too.

left the warehouse in Ill.
post #8231 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post

The SHD-7000 arrived today. I met the driver and opened it just to verify the discs were present and the player was in good condition. Haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, just wanted to verify that they actually exist!

Ok! Time for a review man. Fire it up. What disks did you get?
Warranty card?
post #8232 of 8408
I received an email a week ago, saying that mine had shipped on Sep 4, but when I try to track it, I get a message that there is no such tracking number or shipment. I contacted Buy.com and they said they would create a new order, but of course there are none left (with the 2 out of 3 movies offer), so I bet I'm out of luck.

Gregg
post #8233 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbgregg View Post

I received an email a week ago, saying that mine had shipped on Sep 4, but when I try to track it, I get a message that there is no such tracking number or shipment. I contacted Buy.com and they said they would create a new order, but of course there are none left (with the 2 out of 3 movies offer), so I bet I'm out of luck.

Gregg

That is what I got until today. FedX just picked it up! They issue tracking numbers way before the item is shipped.
post #8234 of 8408
Anyone with an XBox 360 (or willing to pick one up cheap either new or used, as the Arcade with HDMI port is down to $199 new, used and refurbs less) - Fry's had a ton (probably 10+) add on drives here in Atlanta at 39.99. The price isn't new, but the restock to have so many is. The player is good, a little noisy due to the gaming nature of the unit and no advanced audio as far as I can tell. But for simply a player it's a steal.
post #8235 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

Refurbished DV-HD805 players are back at shoponkyo.com.
Price is $299 plus they have a 10% off refrub sal on right now too. So it would be $270 minus any onkyo points you may have also. For me their stuff has always been tax free and free shipping, but that may vary from state to state.
HAPPY SHOPPING!

back up right now, $299-not sure of discounts.
post #8236 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post

back up right now, $299-not sure of discounts.

If it goes down to <$199, I am in for a second. until then, i'll hold off. I am thinking that these truly are refurbished at this point and not just the rebadged new ones.
post #8237 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmarchini View Post

If it goes down to <$199, I am in for a second. until then, i'll hold off. I am thinking that these truly are refurbished at this point and not just the rebadged new ones.

if price gets that low, i may go for a 2nd one also.
post #8238 of 8408
Finally got my venturer from buy.com today. Took 2 weeks to arrive from order date. Got firewall and perfect storm with it. If anyone needs perfect storm, let me know since this is a dupe for me. By the way, if anyone has an extra remote for the XA1 they want to trade for an XA2 remote, let me know...
post #8239 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post

back up right now, $299-not sure of discounts.

up again @ shoponkyo.com
post #8240 of 8408
Ordered the Venturer today from Buy.com. Item availability seems to alternate between 2 numbers, 209112684 and 209113404, with the included HD discs being only the difference.
post #8241 of 8408
No reports of anyone receiving 'Rumor has it'...Took 2 weeks to get mine...Got 'Firewall' & 'Perfect Storm'...Buy.com is currently out of 'Rumor has it' if you wanted to buy it...Packing sucked...The Venturer came inside another box with zero packing...The factory box just sliding around inside...

Buy.com will NOT see any orders from me again...
post #8242 of 8408
Wow that's weird. I feel Buy.com always handled packing incredibly well. Then again, I haven't ordered from them in about a year or two...
post #8243 of 8408
Well, they double-boxed it, which was nice, but the outer box was a lot larger than the inner box and there was no padding material at all. I have not tried it out yet, and the box showed no damage, so all may be well, but it would have been nice to put some peanuts or newspaper or bubble wrap or something in there.

Gregg
post #8244 of 8408
Mine were the same way vbgregg, little box in a bigger with no padding whatsoever. Outer box was beat up and there was ALOT of room for the player to slide around in. Lucky thing the box for the venturer is well made and the plalyer is suspended by thick styro wedges in the 4 corners. Got a kick out of the plastic handle.

It's a bit of an ugly duckling, but after some limited testing I'll be keeping my eyes open for more of theses units. A bargain at twice the price even if only used as dvd players.

People need to remember buy.com is a drop shipper, they truly only broker deals. How the shipment is packaged is going to vary greatly depending on who is shipping it.
post #8245 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin_master View Post


People need to remember buy.com is a drop shipper, they truly only broker deals. How the shipment is packaged is going to vary greatly depending on who is shipping it.

Don't know about yours but...mine was shipped directly from buy.com...Maybe yours was shipped from elsewhere???
post #8246 of 8408
Splicer, they are like a really,really big ebay store -no actual "buy.com" warehouse exists. They use what could be called a fullfillment center to ship goods.
post #8247 of 8408
The return address on the shipping label is buy.com...I have purchased from drop shippers before and always the suppliers addy is used...
post #8248 of 8408
all 3 of mine work. Did someone get a dud?
post #8249 of 8408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

No reports of anyone receiving 'Rumor has it'...Took 2 weeks to get mine...Got 'Firewall' & 'Perfect Storm'...Buy.com is currently out of 'Rumor has it' if you wanted to buy it...Packing sucked...The Venturer came inside another box with zero packing...The factory box just sliding around inside...

Buy.com will NOT see any orders from me again...

Same here.
post #8250 of 8408
I received mine almost two weeks after placing my order. It too, arrived in a larger box without any packaging. So it was just sliding around quite a bit.

Buy.com certainly won't be my first choice the next time I want to buy something.

The player had version 1.0 firmware. I updated it to 2.0 (thought it was a 3.0 download) Toshiba firmware without any problem.

I had first connected my ethernet cable to it and went into it's menu and saw that it found an IP address and appeared to be set correctly (DHCP). But when I attempted the firware update via that method, it said it couldn't find a server.

So I downloaded the firmware and burned it to CD. You can't use a blank DVD for some reason. It has to be a CD.

It played the first movie without a single problem.

I find the sound that comes on during its' "screensaver" to be highly annoying and too loud though. I thought my movie had come unpaused at first. I can probably adjust that though.

With version 1 firmware, it was slower to power up and eject than my HD-D1 with 3.0 firmware. Now with 2.0 firmware, it's "barely faster" than my HD-D1.

It does power down super fast though.

The remote is pretty generic.

The player is 1/3 the weight of my HD-D1 and half the height.

It introduces the slightest amount of hum to my pro-audio subwoofer amplifier (unbalanced inputs).

The black level was washed out, but that could have been the movie. I'll check it with DVE later. If that pans out, then my HD-D1 will be put up for sale on Videogon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HD DVD Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › HD DVD Players › HD-DVD Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here