Originally Posted by robertrobert
...should I update the XA2 firmware immediately
to 2.7 when I pick up the new XA2 this week when it arrives or should I wait???
...Maybe it matters what firmware version comes on it whether it is best to wait or not.
If there's any possibility you might experience some of the problems others have reported, how willing are you to gamble and wait to see if Toshiba eventually gets it fixed? What's the return policy of your vendor?
The updates cannot be rolled back, so if you update the firmware (presumably successfully), then experience more problems than you had before updating (as has happened to some folks), would you be more inclined to wait beyond your vendor's return window and hope the problem gets addressed? If not, will your vendor accept return of an altered (updated) player?
I'd recommend you take a cautious approach, based on your patience level and willingness to deal with potential issues. Oh, and stay in touch here to follow new developments and see what others are experiencing.