or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread - Page 299

post #8941 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Haha, no kidding. Now I am being threatened for giving my opinion on someone's poor behavior. Crazy times! smile.gif

It wasn't a threat - just a simple question to see if you're willing to be accountable for what you said. Feel free to email me with specific reasons for why you have these opinions. I'll be happy to discuss your issues in a civil and adult-like manner.
post #8942 of 9127
On a different note, another CAF report mentioned Salk (along with Van Alstine and Philharmonic Audio):


http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/08/05/caf-2013-salk-audio-by-van-alstine-and-philharmonic/#more-6553

The ABX device from Van Alstine he talks about sounds really cool for doing comparisons, but I could not find it on the website yet.
post #8943 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHTbuyer View Post

On a different note, another CAF report mentioned Salk (along with Van Alstine and Philharmonic Audio):


http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/08/05/caf-2013-salk-audio-by-van-alstine-and-philharmonic/#more-6553

The ABX device from Van Alstine he talks about sounds really cool for doing comparisons, but I could not find it on the website yet.


Call avahifi.com and I'm sure he'll build you one.
post #8944 of 9127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmerci View Post

Call avahifi.com and I'm sure he'll build you one.
Yup. I think it goes for 2k but I'm not sure on that. Give him a call.
post #8945 of 9127
Anyone else having issues bringing up the Salk Sound website today (6 Aug)? I'm going on 2 days without the ability to check my speaker-build status ... enough to drive a man to drinking!
post #8946 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by af-flyboy View Post

Anyone else having issues bringing up the Salk Sound website today (6 Aug)? I'm going on 2 days without the ability to check my speaker-build status ... enough to drive a man to drinking!

Bottoms Up !!! smile.gif
post #8947 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by af-flyboy View Post

Anyone else having issues bringing up the Salk Sound website today (6 Aug)? I'm going on 2 days without the ability to check my speaker-build status ... enough to drive a man to drinking!

Jim is having some power outage issues.
post #8948 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdgate View Post

Jim is having some power outage issues.

Got it, thanks!
post #8949 of 9127
FYI, I believe Jim will be out at the California Audio Show in SF for a little over a week. But I imagine the work will continue without him...
post #8950 of 9127
I was able to bring the site up a few minutes ago so looks like everything should be good now.
post #8951 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdgate View Post

Jim is having some power outage issues.

Umm... his website is hosted in his HOUSE? Jim, if this is true, please... let me introduce you to commercial web hosting. It's like $50 a year for unlimited bandwidth. I like FatCow.

Cheers,
Chad
post #8952 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye11 View Post

Umm... his website is hosted in his HOUSE? Jim, if this is true, please... let me introduce you to commercial web hosting. It's like $50 a year for unlimited bandwidth. I like FatCow.

Cheers,
Chad


We run our own server in our shop. I tried several hosting companies and it was a nightmare. Can't run this...don't support that. I like having my own server as I am in total control.

- Jim
post #8953 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalk View Post

We run our own server in our shop. I tried several hosting companies and it was a nightmare. Can't run this...don't support that. I like having my own server as I am in total control.

- Jim

I'm sure it was that same attitude that started Salk Sound biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #8954 of 9127
We're in San Francisco getting ready to set up for the California Audio Show this coming weekend - August 9th - 11th. Here is a link...http://caaudioshow.com/

This year we will be showing the SoundScape 8's, the new Veracity ST's and will also have a pair of Silks on hand.

Here are pictures of the speakers we will be showing...







Hopefully we'll see you there!

- Jim
post #8955 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalk View Post

We're in San Francisco getting ready to set up for the California Audio Show this coming weekend - August 9th - 11th. Here is a link...http://caaudioshow.com/

This year we will be showing the SoundScape 8's, the new Veracity ST's and will also have a pair of Silks on hand.

Here are pictures of the speakers we will be showing...







Hopefully we'll see you there!

- Jim

I'm leaving tomorrow from Chatsworth, California! See you at the show! biggrin.gif
post #8956 of 9127
Those are some pretty burly speakers you're showing there Jim! rolleyes.giftongue.gifcool.gif
post #8957 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalk View Post

We're in San Francisco getting ready to set up for the California Audio Show this coming weekend - August 9th - 11th. Here is a link...http://caaudioshow.com/

This year we will be showing the SoundScape 8's, the new Veracity ST's and will also have a pair of Silks on hand.

Here are pictures of the speakers we will be showing...







Hopefully we'll see you there!

- Jim

Wow. (Pepperwood burl?) Jim, you just keep making lovelier and lovelier speakers....which I thought impossible given previous beautiful pieces. I wish I could make it to see you and Dennis. Best of luck at the show.
post #8958 of 9127
Thread Starter 
Have a wonderful show, Jim!
post #8959 of 9127
Dress nice and be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. No chance there'll be some killer models like at NOPI?
post #8960 of 9127


Almost there ... I think? Hopefully Jim will be piecing this together next week!!
post #8961 of 9127
thread cleanup
post #8962 of 9127
Thanks to Jim and Mary Salk for being so kind at the California Audio Show and helping me out! The SS8's sounded absolutely amazing, as did the Salk Silk (Thank you for bringing that along.) It was a pleasure and I hope to see you both next year!

The SS8 was in the top three speakers at the show, and the cheapest contender was $30,000
post #8963 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkish54 View Post

Thanks to Jim and Mary Salk for being so kind at the California Audio Show and helping me out! The SS8's sounded absolutely amazing, as did the Salk Silk (Thank you for bringing that along.) It was a pleasure and I hope to see you both next year!

The SS8 was in the top three speakers at the show, and the cheapest contender was $30,000

I didn't do much comparing and instead just sat in Jim's room at CAS4 and listened to SS8s for couple hours. Had a blast, so thank you, Jim and Mary!
post #8964 of 9127
Quote: I didn't do much comparing and instead just sat in Jim's room at CAS4 and listened to SS8s for couple hours.

I did the same at Capital Audio Fest a couple of weeks back. I liked the veracity song towers very much. I was so much mesmerized with the audio nirvana that it did not occur to me to make a list of all the songs Jim is playing through his ipad/salk stream player.

It was great meeting the man himself.
post #8965 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post

. I was so much mesmerized with the audio nirvana that it did not occur to me to make a list of all the songs Jim is playing through his ipad/salk stream player.

I got a couple of great recommendations from Jim's playlist:
O-Zone Percussion Group - La Bamba
Chris Jones - Roadhouses & Automobiles
post #8966 of 9127
Home Theater Forum just posted Dave Upton's review of the Veracity HT2-TL's and the Veracity HT2C center channel.

Here is a link...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/articles.html/_/equipment-reviews/salk-signature-sound-h2tl-ht2c-review-r252

- Jim
post #8967 of 9127
These were my thoughts exactly, after I unboxed my Veracity ST's and pressed play...

'Almost instantly when I hit play, I was aware that there was something special about these speakers. If there is a defining attribute of these speakers, it would be that they convey a sense of sonic realism that is almost impossible to describe. As I continued to play Jim’s demo disc, I continued to be awed by the authenticity and natural timbre of these loudspeakers. Whether it was the sound of a guitar string being plucked or the gravelly signature of Louis Armstrong’s vocal, this was the most lifelike reproduction of sound I had yet heard from a speaker at this price point."

Actually, it was the most lifelike reproduction I have EVER heard, period! The RAAL is just something special...
post #8968 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvetan1 View Post

These were my thoughts exactly, after I unboxed my Veracity ST's and pressed play...

'Almost instantly when I hit play, I was aware that there was something special about these speakers. If there is a defining attribute of these speakers, it would be that they convey a sense of sonic realism that is almost impossible to describe. As I continued to play Jim’s demo disc, I continued to be awed by the authenticity and natural timbre of these loudspeakers. Whether it was the sound of a guitar string being plucked or the gravelly signature of Louis Armstrong’s vocal, this was the most lifelike reproduction of sound I had yet heard from a speaker at this price point."

Actually, it was the most lifelike reproduction I have EVER heard, period! The RAAL is just something special...
These were also my thoughts exactly as I pressed play on my Veracity ST Speakers. The Bass is what amazed me as it is the deepest sounding Bass I have listened to using Full Range.The Raal Tweeters are the icing on the cake. I am now waiting on my Salk Suppercharged Center which is almost finished.I will be in Speaker Heaven when it is in my system.
Bruce
post #8969 of 9127
Thread Starter 
The OP has been updated with the latest Home Theater Forum review of the HT2-TL's. Congrats on a well deserved review, Jim. And congrats to AC forum member dhax001, as he purchased the review speakers (they are his first pair of Salk's).

I really enjoy seeing pictures of new Salk's, but there just aren't enough here in this thread. You guys need to post more speaker porn! biggrin.gif Perhaps pics of them in their new homes and what not.
post #8970 of 9127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

The OP has been updated with the latest Home Theater Forum review of the HT2-TL's. Congrats on a well deserved review, Jim. And congrats to AC forum member dhax001, as he purchased the review speakers (they are his first pair of Salk's).

I really enjoy seeing pictures of new Salk's, but there just aren't enough here in this thread. You guys need to post more speaker porn! biggrin.gif Perhaps pics of them in their new homes and what not.

When's the last time we saw a delivery truck pic here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › The Official Salk Sound Owner's And Discussion Thread