or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › 720p PJ - ScreenShots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

720p PJ - ScreenShots - Page 2

post #31 of 106
Those look good. What kind of camera are you using? I know the title says 720P but I think of it as more an everyday guy, or girl, screen shot thread. Therefore any projector that is under 3K is welcome as far as I am concerned.

bguzman
post #32 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post

Those look good. What kind of camera are you using? I know the title says 720P but I think of it as more an everyday guy, or girl, screen shot thread. Therefore any projector that is under 3K is welcome as far as I am concerned.

bguzman

It's a Casio Exilim EX1000 (What is it with me and model numbers containing 1000? )

Any settings you would recommend ?

Ive got it set on no flash, 50ISO, and Daylight Fluorescent white balance (Auto seems to oversaturate)
post #33 of 106
Lets try this again






I really cant wait until I get a reasonable screen. I'm basically projecting onto



A white table cloth that lets a whole lot of light through and a very thick black moving blanket :|
post #34 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattootearz View Post

New shots taken today....

Shrek 3, 720p x264 .mkv

/mini-IMG_0065.jpg[/IMG]

To compare

post #35 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Just picked up Assasin's Creed from WorstBuy for $37.99 (literally 30 mins ago) so will be posting some shots of that on my 120" DIY screen.

Frag

Not to change the thread subject, but, I shop at Best Buy all the time, I have bought big and small ticket items from there, plasmas to cameras to BD and HD dics and have had nothing but very possitive experiences 99% of the time.
Yea, in the past there has been a few dumbass sales people but for the most part I am very happy with Best Buy.

Sorry, just had to jump in and defend my favoite store.

Cheers
Davyo
post #36 of 106
What the hey a couple more before bed

Wall-e

post #37 of 106
Here's a couple of pics of my HD1000U, in low lamp mode, projecting onto a 110" 1.0 gain white fixed-frame screen I purchased off of eBay for $180.

The video playing is the HD DVD version of the Eagles Live from Melbourne on a Toshiba HD-A2 set at 1080i output via HDMI.

Camera is a Kodak 6 mega pixel.

I'm still perfecting the taking of pictures. These were taken in Pause mode so some grain is visible that normally would not be be there while playing. The pictures were not manipulated in any way other than resizing for this post. I'll try to take more photos as I have time of other material but these should be a good indication of what a 720p projector can do if tweaked right. The actual projected image looks as good as the pictures.
LL
LL
post #38 of 106
Three from 2001 ... um is that 1998 (shamelessly stolen from another post)







bguzman
post #39 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Not to change the thread subject, but, I shop at Best Buy all the time, I have bought big and small ticket items from there, plasmas to cameras to BD and HD dics and have had nothing but very possitive experiences 99% of the time.
Yea, in the past there has been a few dumbass sales people but for the most part I am very happy with Best Buy.

Sorry, just had to jump in and defend my favoite store.

Cheers
Davyo

I recently went to FS and BB to look for my wife's Christmas gift and browsed through their HD DVD player and HD DVD's, LCD and plasma displays. The buddy of mine I was with was taking notes as he's hoping to take the plunge on a new display. What we found was this:

CD's - I had a list of 8...all 8 were between $5-$15 more expensive at BB;
HD DVD player - $100 more at BB;
HD DVD's - About half were the same price and half more expensive at BB (none were cheaper than at FS);
LCD's and plasmas - We only took note of around 4...2 were the same price and 2 more expensive at BB.

What boggles my mind is that it's the SAME company yet their prices are often radically different with BB seemingly always more expensive. The only explanation I got (from the salesguy) was that things look like a good deal at FS when people see the price at BB. Oh yeah...he also told me "Don't worry, we'll price-match FS." -- WTF...you're the SAME company using the same warehouse and a shared inventory system!!! How could they not have the same price!

Oh yeah...each of the 8 CD's was significantly cheaper at Walmart.
post #40 of 106
OK I give up, what store is FS? (PS: It's good practice to use the full name at least once before using the acronym)
post #41 of 106
"FS" is Future Shop. They're a HUGE box store chain in Canada, and they basically have a monopoly on the sales of electronics, owning the Canadian version of BestBuy, too. Their prices are decent (for Canada, and that's a big qualifying statement), but they don't sell ANY home theatre projectors, which is a joke.

bguzman, those pics are incredible. Can I ask, what did that Sim2 set you back, where did you get it, and have you had to replace the bulb yet? Those are insanely expensive, aren't they?

Thanks.
post #42 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Not to change the thread subject, but, I shop at Best Buy all the time, I have bought big and small ticket items from there, plasmas to cameras to BD and HD dics and have had nothing but very possitive experiences 99% of the time.
Yea, in the past there has been a few dumbass sales people but for the most part I am very happy with Best Buy.

Sorry, just had to jump in and defend my favoite store.

Cheers
Davyo

Its NOT about the experiance but the ridiculous prices and high mark-ups they have compared to other retail stores. Say, how about a 6 feet generic HDMI cable for $56! The ONLY time I shop there is if I see something on special (and I mean a genuine sale) and most of the other times, I'll go there for demos, etc.

My 67 yr old neighbour had to pay GeekSquad about $100 for a mere spyware removal that I could have done for free (she didn't know I was a IT guy).

The other thing that pisses me off (targeted at all retail stores) is how they will lure unsuspecting customers into buying 'high-quality' cables and extended warrantys like they are a neccessity.

Frag
post #43 of 106
King Kong 720p



Transformers 720p
post #44 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerforth View Post

"FS" is Future Shop. They're a HUGE box store chain in Canada, and they basically have a monopoly on the sales of electronics, owning the Canadian version of BestBuy, too. Their prices are decent (for Canada, and that's a big qualifying statement), but they don't sell ANY home theatre projectors, which is a joke.

bguzman, those pics are incredible. Can I ask, what did that Sim2 set you back, where did you get it, and have you had to replace the bulb yet? Those are insanely expensive, aren't they?

Thanks.

I found my 30H on Videogon. It turned out that it was a demo from a local AV store and had 78 hours on it so I haven't replaced the lamp yet. I ended up getting it for $1200 and a full warranty from Sim2 . I found lamps on-line for $300 shipped, though it is supposed to last for 6000 hours. I will be happy with half of that. More and more yesterday,s high-end projectors are coming down to prices that more people can afford if you look around.

bguzman
post #45 of 106

VP4001
post #46 of 106

VP4001
post #47 of 106
And another...VP4001

post #48 of 106
Just want to chime in here and clarify that contrary to what has earlier been stated in this thread, Future Shop here in Canada now carries the Black Pearl and it's available for demonstration here in my hometown. MSRP of $4995.00

It's not on their website though.

These screen shots are excellent by the way. No need to feel sorry for anyone with a 720p projector, that's for sure!

Wayne
post #49 of 106
These are older pics from my thread below. I'll take newer ones shortly and report back.

Projector: Mits HC1500
Content Source: SA 8300HD DVR @ 720p via RGB Component.
Screen: 104" Painted Drywall. N8 Gray with 1x Pearl topcoat. (See easyflex thread)
Mount: Flush Ceiling @ 13'.
Lens Shift: No
KeyStone Correction: No
Zoom: Yes (Partial optical)
Other: Low lamp mode, Cinema



post #50 of 106
She sure is puuurrrtty!



VP4001
post #51 of 106
VP4001...

post #52 of 106
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


VP4001
post #53 of 106
VP4001

post #54 of 106
VP4001

post #55 of 106
vp4001 ...the 'night' mode on the camera sucks and doesn't display the true sharpness of assasin's creed on my 120 wilsonart screen

post #56 of 106
another ac shot.

post #57 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post

I found my 30H on Videogon. It turned out that it was a demo from a local AV store and had 78 hours on it so I haven't replaced the lamp yet. I ended up getting it for $1200 and a full warranty from Sim2 . I found lamps on-line for $300 shipped, though it is supposed to last for 6000 hours. I will be happy with half of that. More and more yesterday,s high-end projectors are coming down to prices that more people can afford if you look around.

bguzman

That might be the best money spent of anyone on this forum ... seriously.
Those pics are drool worthy.

As a side note to others... BestBuy is about as good as it gets in B&M but those stores inherently stink in many ways. It is still my preference for in store purchases.

Anyone buying cables at any B&M shop has about a 99% chance of being robbed blind.
post #58 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

another ac shot.


I got this game yesterday....

As soon as I get my wootage Projector in place I will upload my own sexiness to the mix. That really is good stuff as mentioned above.

Any other games with top flight graphics on your 720p?
post #59 of 106
ISF'd Mitsubishi HC3000u @ 120" on DaLite HiPower model C .

Here are a couple that I posted in the gaming forum a few weeks back ...





--- Jason
post #60 of 106
High Power screens. Yes!!!

Nice shots Jason!

Wayne
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › 720p PJ - ScreenShots