Which information provided by you Such is a great and very interesting..I got so excited to read it,Because I have gained so much information....Thanks again to provide this good type of information....
post #17221 of 18935
6/9/11 at 4:57am
Hi Renethx, I had a setup of yours that worked really well:
- Phenom X3 8750
- Scythe NINJA MINI
- Antec Fusion Remote Black
- PSU Corsair VX450W
A thunderstorm blew away PSU and MB (and possibly - I don't know yet - CPU and RAM) so I bought your excellent guide (name Augusto), but I have two questions:
- would you suggest a MB to replace the M3A78 (not available any more)?
- is there a chance that any of the cpu in the guide will work fanless (as I used to do with the phenom-scythe)?
Yes, you can do this. Just add a PSU and a bunch of HDDs in the HD135 case and connect HDDs to the main chassis.
PSU mod: Read the article Power Up an ATX PSU without a Motherboard), or use 20-pin Power Supply Jump Start Connector (in this case you turn on/off the enclosure by the PSU switch).
Controller for HDDs in the second chassis: Use 5-Port (or 5x1) Port Multiplier (to be placed in the second chassis) and connect it to one of the eSATA port of the mb by an eSATA cable. Or you can use AOC-SASLP-MV8 8-port SAS/SATA controller card. But in this case you will need two SFF-8088 or SFF-8470 (Infiniband) cables to connect the two chassis. Cables and brackets will be more expensive than the controller itself.
1. For video playback, there is no difference (CPU usage of Core i3 is < 20%). As for gaming, this review may be helpful.
2. GD04/GD05/GD06 supports longer expansion cards, up to 11 in, while CPU cooler height is limited to 70mm (the stock cooler is OK, the best third-party cooler is Scythe Big Shuriken). On the other hand, Antec case supports expansion cards up to 9 in (well, 10 in, but the PCI Express power connector has be taken into account), while you can use CPU cooler of height up to ~120mm, so you can use a better third-party cooler. Moreover Antec case comes with an internal IR receiver (though not everybody likes it). The length of GTS 450 is 8.25 in, so it fits either case fine.
Another important difference is the case depth. GD03/04/06 325mm - 340mm, Antec 420mm.