or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Olevia 242T Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Olevia 242T Owner's Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 118
OK, so I'm having an issue with my 242t

I am only getting stereo sound output, through both optical and digital RCA out

I upgraded the firmware to 22A and still no difference. (BY the way, I got the USB to serial drivers needed from here: http://code.google.com/p/adconverter...r.exe&can=2&q= )

Anyone else still having this issue? Any resolution?

I had a terrible time trying to watch LOST, since everyones voice on there is muffled anyhow.. TIA
post #92 of 118
sammykismail,

Please check your pm box.

Thanks.
post #93 of 118
I have a 242-S11 and am running FW version MDB1_AQ_242T_L_20

Can anyone tell me what the latest firmware version is and what the changes are or a place to find out what has changed with FW upgrades?

Many thanks.
post #94 of 118
Where can I get the plain old USB a to USB b cable driver for my 237-t?
post #95 of 118
Does anyone still have Olevia's install program for the firmware?

I downloaded the latest firmware from their site, but have no way to install it. The RAR file only containers the firmware binary.
post #96 of 118
Can anyone help?
post #97 of 118
did the file i linked to at the top of the page not help?
post #98 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintz View Post

did the file i linked to at the top of the page not help?

Thank you for the reply. That link is for the USB to serial drivers, which I have installed. I still need a file that contains the actual firmware update program.
post #99 of 118
Yeah, I remember now, It's been a while but the file that you need is named MTK_DownLoad1.zip

I can't find it ANYWHERE though, and I've lost my hard drive since then...

Sorry, good luck with that one..
post #100 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintz View Post

Yeah, I remember now, It's been a while but the file that you need is named MTK_DownLoad1.zip

I can't find it ANYWHERE though, and I've lost my hard drive since then...

Sorry, good luck with that one..

Thanks. I found a blog that tells you another model name that you can put into Olevia's website for a firmware ZIP that DOES container the installer. Problem is, Olevia's website does not work today. I hope this is not permanent, since they went out of business. It worked yesterday!
post #101 of 118
Does anyone have the firmware install file? Thanks.
post #102 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by STVA1 View Post

Thanks. I found a blog that tells you another model name that you can put into Olevia's website for a firmware ZIP that DOES container the installer. Problem is, Olevia's website does not work today. I hope this is not permanent, since they went out of business. It worked yesterday!

Unfortunately I believe Olevia is history. The website appears to be shutdown. The "Unsupported Host" message keeps cropping up.
post #103 of 118
According to an article in the Arizona Central newspaper dated 24 May 2009, Syntax-Brillian, Olevia's parent company, sold all Olevia remaining assets, name and licensing rights to Emerson radio Corp of New Jersey.
Interesting since in 2001, Emerson sold its TV licensing rights to Funai Corp of China. Funai also manufactures LCD TV's under the Phillips name. Good luch getting parts & service.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...llian0524.html
post #104 of 118
Bad timing on my part. I was literally a day too late to find a second firmware file that has the installer.

By some crazy change does anyone out there have a firmware .zip? It can be for any Olevia TV, I just need the installer.
post #105 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by STVA1 View Post

Bad timing on my part. I was literally a day too late to find a second firmware file that has the installer.

By some crazy change does anyone out there have a firmware .zip? It can be for any Olevia TV, I just need the installer.

Check the Olevia website. Discovered it up and running today. Same format as before, includes f/w, manuals, Q&A.
post #106 of 118
Old thread, but I have some firmware for the 542 tv here, hope it helps

http://forums.newagekllrz.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17

the firware version is 542_B11_061218A
post #107 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintz View Post

Old thread, but I have some firmware for the 542 tv here, hope it helps

http://forums.newagekllrz.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17

the firware version is 542_B11_061218A

Thanks. Can you let us know what changes/fixes are in the firmware version.

Thanks
post #108 of 118
Anyone happen to have a stand (tv base) for their 242T laying around I might be able to purchase. I have had mine wall mounted since I purchased it but threw the stand out. Now I would like to move it onto a table.

I can pay with paypal etc.



Thanks
Chris
post #109 of 118
I've owned this set since 10/08. I think the performance is acceptable for a 3-4 yr old 1080p set. I paid $800, it was on sale at Target.

Some PS3 games get jagged lines with quick camera panning or rapid movements. I assume that this is due to the refresh rate of this older set. I have tried a number of different picture configurations to correct this, but to no avail.

One problem that I do have is that from time to time, maybe twice per month, I will turn the set on and the lamp/picture will not turn on. The sound, however, does. By powering the set off then powering it on once again, the problem is corrected. I was wondering if anyone had this issue. I am reluctant to install the firmware that I found today (there was a previous post about it on this forum).
post #110 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcalhoun View Post

Anyone happen to have a stand (tv base) for their 242T laying around I might be able to purchase. I have had mine wall mounted since I purchased it but threw the stand out. Now I would like to move it onto a table.

I can pay with paypal etc.



Thanks
Chris

cbcalhoun
I don't have a stand for you, but I've been trying to take off my own for some time. I took off the bottom metal plate, but that's as far as I've gotten. Can you provide any tips on taking this off?
post #111 of 118
does anyone have the 21b or 22a firmware .bin file (or in a .zip or .rar) still sitting around that they could share with me?
post #112 of 118
to take the stand off an Olevia 242T FHD, atake ou the sixteen screws in two groups of eight on the back of the set. THe stand will drop clear.
post #113 of 118
Hi I need firmware for a 242fhd-t11 p/n fm1-04200cegs42. I bought this tv from a guy who tried to upgrade the firmware and used the wrong one a year ago. Now the website is down for the right firmware. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it so much. Thanks in advance. Fred
post #114 of 118
email fredk (at) mchsi.com. Will sell copies for $10
post #115 of 118
Emerson Radio Corp has initiated manufacture of Olevia LCD 1080P tv's The new website is,

http://www.olevia.com/
post #116 of 118
hello
I have an olevia 242fhd t11 and im in need of the firmware any verison would be fine. Ill be willing to pay for it or even fix some elses board for free for the firmware. I can be reached anytime 505-506-4377 thanks
post #117 of 118
Just sayin', I still have my 242, and it still works just fine. The only prob I have is the remote (about half the buttons) have given out.
I got a sony 'do-all replace-all' remote which is ok (not 'OK'). I use with it an Argosy hv359 vid player which is excellent for me.
Never (never deemed it necessary) did any firmware upgrades as I never had any issues with either.
I have several 'older' Argosy/Lasonic machines which also are fine.

No replies here for a few years, hah!

-c-
post #118 of 118
I hate to dig up this old thread, but of anyone could pass along the latest FW and any related software for the update, it would be much appreciated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Olevia 242T Owner's Thread