Originally Posted by speedtriplex
As guitarman pointed out earlier:
The HD65 has 1600 lumens vs. 1000 lumens of the HD70, making it measure higher in brightness by a few hundred lumens and is very close to it's rated lumens, so it has more basic contrast, and also the HD65 has a new brilliant color 2 and special RGB/CYM color wheel (vs. no brilliant color 2 and RGB/RGB in HD70, thus producing a super bright and blasting colors
My choice HD65
Good points. Too bad there isn't an official review out there yet (although this one does help out for sure).
Does anyone have a link to the differences between brilliant color 2 vs brilliant color 1 and RGB/CYM color wheel vs RGB/RGB color wheel? I'm more concerned with image sharpness than color, but that's my own personal preference.
I couldn't find any spec sheets that says the HD65 has Brilliant Color 2, you think they'd include that?
I just got back from the store and thought I'd share some observations (both from the pyscial inspections and what I've read from the spec sheets).
- The build quality doesn't seem as good as the HD70, it just feels and looks cheaper all around.
- I noticed that the IR receiver is also a lot smaller which might make it a bit more of a pain using the remote on it when ceiling mounting.
- The HD70 also has horizontal and vertical keystone correction while the HD65 only has vertical.
- One other item of note, it looks like the HD65 only has a 1.10 zoom compared to the 1.20 on the HD70, that can further limit placement options.
- It did seem very bright. Costco just had one out projecting onto a small (very small, maybe 16' x 12') piece of white cardboard in a fully lit store. The image was as crisp as expected with a non calibrated projector displaying a 480i DVD signal over component. When I looked at the image real close up during a white scene, the brightness hurt my eyes a little bit. I don't recall that in my initial tests (well, playing around with) on the HD70.
I'm going to do some more research before I swap them out. I had everything all ready to go (placement wise) on the HD70 and will need to recheck calculations now for the HD65. I'm just waiting for my ceiling mount and 6x2 component switch to come in. Does anyone know if a universal mount made for the HD70 should fit on the HD65? I didn't measure, but the mounting holes look different. Still the pattern of three holes, but they seemed a little closer together than the HD70.