The following changes were made for the v1.2 release:
- Black, APL, White Clipping Patterns include 3 more levels and minor text changes. Levels were added to extend farther above black and below white, to make flashing easier to see on mis-adjusted displays.
- APL Clipping pattern was revised to flash black for the center of the pattern, to try to avoid having brightness too high.
- Switched single pixel outline on Sharpness pattern from red to white, due to prior encoding issues.
- Added primary and secondary step pattern to Misc. Patterns section to try to account for requests.
- RGB Low and High Clipping patterns now change by 2 levels, instead of 1, due to encoding.
- Removed red, green, and blue single-pixel patterns from Resolution section, because of encoding issues.
- Added full-screen 3-pixel horizontal and vertical patterns to Resolution section
- Revisions to the instructions, and updated PDF to reflect changes.
- Disc label based on original by kchung was added to downloads.
The Blu-ray related versions changed somewhat significantly, and the following changes do not apply to the HD DVD version:
- Split sub-menus into ColorHCFR and CalMAN sections for Windows and fields.
- Swiched patterns to use 3-minute patterns per request, other than for CalMAN measures.
- Used 30-second patterns for CalMAN measurements, so automatic measurements could be used.
- The AVCHD has been created by converting HDMV to AVCHD.
- The MP4 version was encoded directly from meGUI, to give the correct resolution.