OK, I'm continuing with plasma TV calibration.
Primarily, I'm using this tutorial:http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457
It says that light output on plasma displays on 100% IRE pattern should be 30-40 ftl.
I'm calibrating for night viewing mode, so I calibrated to 32ftl (I've seen lot of people calibrate to that value in LG xxPK550 owners thread (that's my set).
Second, in tutorial is said that brightness should be calibrated to 0,65% of desired light output at 10% IRE pattern.
So, at 32ftl, I have Y = 110.76, which gives me 0.72ftl at 10% IRE pattern.
But, I have 2 issues here:
1.When I calibrate contrast to 32ftl, I see all white bars flashing in white clipping pattern
2. If I set brightness to 0,65% of desired ftl, my picture is too bright, and I see all black bars flashing in black clipping pattern
So, are these formulas correct? Or there is another preffered way to calibrate contrast and brigtness.
Also, I found that Limited RGB in ATI drivers + Limited RGB in renderer (MPC-HC EVR CP) gives me grey black (it seems that signal is double compressed).
So, these are my settings:
I'm using Eye One Display 2 with HCFR for display calibration.
1. Low black at TV set (16-235)
2. Full RGB in ATI driver (0-255)
3. Limited RGB in renderer (16-235)
4. Contrast calibrated to 32ftl at 100% IRE pattern
5. Brightness calibrated so I can't see bars 0-16 flashing in Black clipping pattern
6. Using LG 20 IRE point calibration method
Below are my calibration results (didn't do CMS yet). What it concers me, that gamma setting is too low (below 2,2). How can I correct this:
3. RGB Levels
4. Color temperature