or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Elemental Designs Subwoofer Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Elemental Designs Subwoofer Thread - Page 6

post #151 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradius View Post

I hope you're wrong. I, along with most people I've talked to who actually own one, LOVE the finish Different is good. Everyone has crap-looking veneer.

Makes a monster sub look more rugged and monsterish.
post #152 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post

Makes a monster sub look more rugged and monsterish.

And you can tell the wife that you'll just put your beer on it...no coaster.
post #153 of 15422
I want to interject with a comment.

When eD first started their HT subs, they gave incredible discounts on their subs. You could've had the A2-300 for $235 SHIPPED! Seeing this, I thought it was a great deal not to pass up and I wanted to give the "new" guy a shot. I even had the pleasure of talking to Chris about the sub and their new venture into HT. Chris told me me how much time and design was put in to these subs and they would give great performance at a great price.

I was sold.

I placed the order and it took a while. I think around three months. Anyway, I finally received it and it was big. Bigger than I thought, but it didn't matter. The finish didn't matter either. It was something new. I hooked it up and did some listening. I was very impressed. eD had a winner...a very inexpensive winner! So, I had to tell the others here on AVS. This is where my gripe comes in. No matter how many times I'd tell these guys how good this sub was, they'd ask for measurements. "I need a professional review." "How does it compare to xxx sub." (how the heck do I know, my house is not sub whore.) I wanted these guys to get the sub because I knew how good it was. I didn't have a acoustics major, but to these guys, I needed to. These guys just didn't have any balls whatsoever to take a shot! Nothing. They needed someone to hold their hand. Just plain stupid!

Noooww......many have joined the band wagon because "expert" advise have given the eD high praise. (Craig,nothing to do with you. Just a point.)
Whatever happened to taking a shot! Somebody has to be first...but that just it. These guys were scared, no corlioni. Now they feel good about themselves. "Yeah, I have an eD, great buy...YAHOOO!!"

Shut up.
post #154 of 15422
lol good read, althought came off a little bitter....purchasing an eD A5-350 next week btw =)
post #155 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post

lol good read, althought came off a little bitter....purchasing an eD A5-350 next week btw =)

I had to. You know when your trying to shake someone to reason and the gears in the head are not turning? It's very frustrating. I'm just an average guy who knows when something sounds good.

Good luck on your sub. I'm sure you'll love it.
post #156 of 15422
Funny! I bought my first eD gear (car) 2.5 yrs ago...and was interested when they first started the HT stuff. I bought more 16Ov.2's because they were doing some SICK cabinets. One became the A7-700, and I still regret not buying the cabinet early (and cheap!). Still, they are doing some good woodworking w/ righteously sized cabinets. So...I now await my A7-900...and something to do w/ the 15" drivers still in their original shipping boxes!
post #157 of 15422
Anyone know if you bought from eD the optional hour glass legs does it still come with the standard spikes too?
post #158 of 15422
Of course gixxerjoe, the stadart spikes are a part of the hourglass feet, you screw the hourglass ones on like caps
post #159 of 15422
I purchased an A2-300 that should arrive within the next couple days. What cable should i get to ensure a good feed to the box? i am looking at a monster cable MB-300. is this good, bad, or mediocre. any help is appreciated.
post #160 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjack0013 View Post

I purchased an A2-300 that should arrive within the next couple days. What cable should i get to ensure a good feed to the box? i am looking at a monster cable MB-300. is this good, bad, or mediocre. any help is appreciated.


You do not need to spend the money for a monster cable. Get a cable from monoprice.com
post #161 of 15422
Any RCA type cable will work. Your only sending a low voltage signal.

You'll be very happy with your A2-300.
post #162 of 15422
Question. My A2-300 arrives tomorrow. Do I plug the subwoofer cable in the left or right RCA input? I know on most subs it is left, but I seem to remember people saying eD subs use the right input.
post #163 of 15422
Either one will work but I used the left for no real reason.
post #164 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitod View Post

Either one will work but I used the left for no real reason.

Thanks.
post #165 of 15422
I've had my A5-350 for a couple of weeks. After tweaking everything I started watching clips of movies that are notorious for bass. U571 Depth charge scene, finding nemo dora taps on glass, pods emerge from w.o.t.w., etc. The sub is just amazing to me and the first week I was constantly popping in different movies and cds to see what they sounded like. So far w.o.t.w seems to bang the most on my system, however last night I was wrapping up Halo 3 and whoa, we may have a new champ. Not sure how many of you are gamers, but if you are a halo fan definitely crank up your system and check out the end of the 2nd to last level (right after you blow up the 4 reactors or whatever and have to escape) the rest of that level is just constant bass. I'm not saying it hits as hard as the pods emerge scene but it is definitely up there.
post #166 of 15422
I am Halo anti-fan..I loathe consoles and I loathe the fact that Epic butchered UT3 to make it more appealing to the Halo generation and playable on ps3
Its kinda like if every single Paradigm and SVS and every single serious audio product manufacturer started producing Bose-like stuff to appeal to housewives and make as much money as they can.
post #167 of 15422
What?
post #168 of 15422
I loathe PC-only gamers. I work in I.T. and when I get home I would much rather lay on the couch and play some halo on my big screen than sit in a chair at a desk with a mouse and keyboard. PC games are good but so are consoles. Epic is about the bottom line, like pretty much any company. They care about dollars more than the feelings of l33t PC gamer doodz.
post #169 of 15422
Yeah just like Bose and Monster care about dollars more than the sound quality or a relatively small group of people who appreciate it..Doesn't quite make them heroes though.
post #170 of 15422
The first A7-450 is now in a vehicle on it's way home
post #171 of 15422
And mine is nearly here Chris

I'll snap some pics to update the thread once the beast arrives. The A6 5T5's arrived yesterday however and I got them hooked up as rears. Nice upgrade from what existed previously.

michael
post #172 of 15422
will eD give you a tracking number for your shipped subs?
post #173 of 15422
Yup, it's in the order details page of my account. Although, it's hard to track at fedex for some reason, I suspect it's formatting. There are other tracking tools though that do a great job.

michael
post #174 of 15422
thanks michael.
post #175 of 15422
you're welcome Mike. The search tool I use is: www.simpletracking.com/ to make it a little easier.

cheers,
michael
post #176 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTS View Post

Yup, it's in the order details page of my account. Although, it's hard to track at fedex for some reason, I suspect it's formatting. There are other tracking tools though that do a great job.

michael

Mike,

Are you trying to track it on our site and it's not working?

Or are you actually going to FedEx?
post #177 of 15422
Was from the fedex site, something about the number wasn't liked. Your site offered some information, but it doesn't update as often as the shippers site (or allow me to track multiple unique shipments, but rather only the last).

Sub isn't here yet, I had a cached version of the shipment information on my computer from the earlier A6 5t5's... bummer

It is in Sacramento though... so, it's very very close. Maybe tomorrow

michael

Edit 2: One portion of the A7S was delivered today. Apparently it takes 2 boxes to ship it via Fedex due to the weight or size of the Grill? Anyway, I've a sexy looking grill here but no sub yet... Tomorrow or perhaps another truck is out w/ the sub due to the weight of the baby.
post #178 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Drama View Post

And the A7-450 (might even be mine )

are you home already?!

pictures!

impressions!

what was your previous sub?
post #179 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

are you home already?!

pictures!

impressions!

what was your previous sub?

Did I not read a post in another thread that you are working on buying a JL113? Wow. Counting the Twin A7-450 that you have on order, how many subs do you have?
post #180 of 15422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 View Post

Did I not read a post in another thread that you are working on buying a JL113? Wow. Counting the Twin A7-450 that you have on order, how many subs do you have?

just haggling if I can get a 2800 buck F113. right now, I'm still getting a little over SRP.

just 4 actually ...

Axiom EP500
Velodyne DLS-5000R x 2
Velodyne DD18

Johnny Drama's going to be the first one with an A7-450 (mine still has to travel by ship)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Elemental Designs Subwoofer Thread