Bought some additional equipment tonight (speakers, cables). Hopefully this will be the end of the wallet draining for some time to come
. To top if off my younger labrador needed emergency surgery (twice!) for a bowel obstruction/subsequent complications. Going to need a second job soon if this pace keeps up.
Finished mudding/sanding the left theater soffit. Even remembered to fish a line through the soffit for the cable run to the direct TV box
. Was also able to hang two closet doors today. Not planning on installing the doors where the tile will go until the tile is in. I don't know if anyone has ever installed a pre-hung double closet door by themselves before but it is a huge pain in the arse. It would of helped if I got the height on the framing correct to begin with (not to sure how it got to be only BARELY high enough). This experience has taught me to consider having someone else install the double french door to the sewing room.
The next step is setting up my IR repeater kit and doing some priming. Also going to have to order the pre-formed arches for the theater ceiling. They are from a company called Arch-It. I am planning on using the "eyebrow" version since it will be easier to sheetrock (less bending). Got a quote from a supplier that kind of shocked me how $$ they are. Unfortunently they are perfect for what I need.
Wife is picking out tile next week. Ordered a sample piece of the stone for the fireplace surround/columns/wine cellar. Going to try and make an effort to color coordinate everything so it doesn't look mis-mashed.Updated Theater Equipment List:
* Samsung BP-UP5000 Combo BluRay/HD DVD player
* Belkin PureAV PF60 Power Station (not sure I believe in power conditioning but the price was right)
* Berklines 45004's for a curved 4 and 3 configuration, motorized and with mini butt kickers installed (currently sitting in pieces in the garage)
* Butt Kicker Amps (2)
* Carada 110" BW Criterion Screen
* Lutron RadioRA lighting control system
* Onkyo TX-SR805
* SVS 20-39 PCi Sub
* Axiom Speakers: M60's, VP150 center, QS8's (going for 7.1)
* Epson Pro Cinema 1080 UB (calibrated by Jason at AVS, thanks man!)
* Philips Pronto TSU-9400
* Cables from MonopriceTheater Related Things Left to Buy:
?? Nothing (I know I am laughing too, there is always something more to buy). Most of the things remaining are for the other parts of the basement.
Now I just need to finish off the room and then I will be able to unpack all this shiny new stuff