or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › PS3 now a 1.1 player with Firmware 2.10!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 now a 1.1 player with Firmware 2.10!  

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=114731



post #2 of 19
It just keeps getting better and better ...
post #3 of 19
we all knew this was coming.
post #4 of 19
I did just the happy dance in my office.

Okay, so not really, but this is great news
post #5 of 19
Shouldn't this be in the Blu-ray Players section?
post #6 of 19
2.10 >>> 2.0

In a big way. DivX + WMV + BD 1.1 makes me a happy camper right now. Great update. Hopefully the browser will support DivX too (Stage6 browsing on the big TV ).
post #7 of 19
What exactly is the big deal about 1.1? What will it bring to the PS3? I will get excited when it finally does the DTS HD-MA decoding!! Come on, Bring it!!
post #8 of 19
Hurray!!!
1.1 player when there are no 1.1 movies out.

Wake me up when they decide to do DTS HD.
When they have to be 1.1 or else be a legacy Blu-Ray player, it kind of takes the steam out of the news.
post #9 of 19
So how can one get this update when one has no way whatsover of hooking their PS3 up to the Net?
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

So how can one get this update when one has no way whatsover of hooking their PS3 up to the Net?

This should help you:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Ab...html#update_PC
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

So how can one get this update when one has no way whatsover of hooking their PS3 up to the Net?

Toshiba might know the answer
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by inca View Post

What exactly is the big deal about 1.1? What will it bring to the PS3? I will get excited when it finally does the DTS HD-MA decoding!! Come on, Bring it!!

I have no idea why people make the PIP such a big deal, like watching extras with the movie?? Its the most overrated feature to push players.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

I have no idea why people make the PIP such a big deal, like watching extras with the movie?? Its the most overrated feature to push players.

To each their own. I very much enjoy the PIP commentary and it's one of the reasons I've liked HD DVD more than BD up until now.

Really looking forward to some BD titles that take advantage of this.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

Hurray!!!
1.1 player when there are no 1.1 movies out.

Wake me up when they decide to do DTS HD.
When they have to be 1.1 or else be a legacy Blu-Ray player, it kind of takes the steam out of the news.

Glad it's 1.1, but I want bitstreaming audio although I dont think this is going to occur. I am anxiously awaiting some new BD players so I can sell my PS3.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post

Glad it's 1.1, but I want bitstreaming audio although I dont think this is going to occur. I am anxiously awaiting some new BD players so I can sell my PS3.

I thought it already supports bitstream?
post #16 of 19
Andrew,

Got a new Panny BD30 and I love it. Haven't sold my PS3 yet but now it's playing music and games at this point. You'll see if the PS3 will ever bitstream so I have my doubts. There were other reasons why I bought the Panny though also.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post

I thought it already supports bitstream?

no, it can't and never will because of the hardware. However it decodes truehd in to pcm out which is the same. Its a rumor we'll get DTSMA.
post #18 of 19
don't care much about 1.1 or 2.0, I just want DTS-MA decoding to LPCM
post #19 of 19
Thread already in BD player forum.

larry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
This thread is locked  
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › PS3 now a 1.1 player with Firmware 2.10!