First of all I'm French, so excuse my unorthodox english.
I just bought a used W5000 with only 180hours. Some values where strange in the menu and the cinema/warm combination was giving weird things, so I made a factory Reset via SM and everything went better.
After viewing some 24p HD materials from my Tvix 6500 I can say I am satisfied excepted may be that I noticed some video noise particularly on clear backgrounds on some movies. Some others where very clean. The PJ is in Rev 1.02, so I sent it to BenQ some days ago for an upgrade to 2.01 firmware wich can partly address the noise problem an permit CCA calibration. So I have now a 45-60 days wait period before the return of the PJ
So here I am with some questions about calibration. I read a good part of this thread and I found very interesting things in it, may be too much in a short while so I'm a little confused. I still have some interrogations and I think I could answer some of them if I had the projector on hand but it's gone for Portugal!
1. Is it possible to make a CCA calibration without using ISF day/night as I would prefer to rename user1,2,3 to Tvix, Blu-Ray and DBS as these are the 3 sources for the PJ (via an HDMI swither)? I understand that I loose the possibility to lock values (ISF password) but it is not an issue for me. The further idea is to leave the neutral values on the sources and to have an individual calibration for each source. It wil not be so easy for DBS except if they accept to broadcast the AVS disc for me
. I think to use an eye comparison when there will be a broadcast of a Blu-Ray that I own.
2. About the measured values that must be made from SM, wouldn't it be better to use Native lamp mode for the measurements as we have here a raw measurement without any correction of the couple bulb/color wheel. If I'm wrong (I'm certainly) can you explain me why. It will help me to better understand the way the things work on this PJ.
3. Does the presence of the SM menu during these measurements has a bad influence, especially while measuring low IRE ? May be not as I have read anything about that. If yes, why not to leave a black tissue on the screen on the part where the menu stands ?
3. I read that the memory blocks for modes like warm cool are shared so that if I modify say warm in SM and that it is used by user 1 2 and 3, they will all 3 be affected. Is it correct ?
4. So If yes, it means that if I want to calibrate with 3 different sources I will have to use different banks for each of them (say warm for user1, normal for user2 and cool for user 3. Will it be a problem to use cool, to modify value and to have a 6500K picture from that preset ?
5.Another question on this subject which is linked: If I enter the same values on these 3 modes, will it give the same picture so that warm, normal, cool doesn't mean anything or do they still differ as it could be if there are some unalterable and hidden parameters for each of them ? If it differ it means I think that cool is a bad starting point to reach a 6500K picture.
6. I read that each input of the PJ has his own tuning values. Is it still true for values in SM ? In other words: I will use HDMI 1. Are the value I will modify in SM (for example in warm mode) be still there or different if I use HDMI2. I would say I will still read my values
But if they are different this mean that the use of an HDMI splitter can double the possibilities for calibration.
Thank you in advance for your numerous
selac (AKA Driggs on HCFr)