or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Portable A/V › Two iPods, one computer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Two iPods, one computer

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
My wife and daughter are getting iPods for Christmas. They'll be using iTunes on the same computer to download their music. Are there any problems maintaining separate libraries for each? Problems sync-ing them to their separate libraries?
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Beverage View Post

My wife and daughter are getting iPods for Christmas. They'll be using iTunes on the same computer to download their music. Are there any problems maintaining separate libraries for each? Problems sync-ing them to their separate libraries?

the "best/easiest" way to do this is to have one library, and then create separate playlists for each ipod and then set the ipods to sync to their chosen playlists.

this is the way we do it with 5 ipods, and it seems to work pretty well.
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Thanks. I have a followup question. If you buy a song, can it be in both playlists and on both ipods, or does it have to be purchased twice?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Beverage View Post

Thanks. I have a followup question. If you buy a song, can it be in both playlists and on both ipods, or does it have to be purchased twice?

yes. no problem there, you don't need to purchase it twice.
post #5 of 7
i believe the apple macs support multiple libraries in itunes.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by memnoch2 View Post

i believe the apple macs support multiple libraries in itunes.

yes, there are ways to use multiple libraries (in windows too). however, the way i outlined is simpler. there's no "need" to use multiple libraries.
post #7 of 7
the only problem with this shared approach (that i've found) is that rating the songs become an issue with shared libraries. if that doesn't matter to you (though some people use them as the cornerstone of playlists), then it will work fine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable A/V
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Portable A/V › Two iPods, one computer