hey guys, I need a BR player that does wireless and Netflix. Is the Sony 570 for around $140 the best way to go? Or is there something else you'd recommend? Something comparable for less $$ perhaps?
post #10531 of 16236
12/15/10 at 1:57pm
This is my final attempt at this. I don't want to spend too much money so I have been very cautious and when I began asking for advise I don't think I totally understood everything.
I have a Pioneer Elite 141 (Got it for a great price...normally can not afford).
I am looking for a Blu-ray player to give best possible picture to show off on the TV.
Importance to me:
1. Picture Quality of up-conversion and bluray
2. Audio Quality for CDs and 5.1 Movies (my current Integra receiver does not have HDMI)
3. Cost vs. Value for above two factors and TV I have (still unsure if #2 applies since I do not have HDMI for receiver)--don't want to pay a lot for features I will never use (analog, etc). The only feature I may use in the next year or two would be HDMI sound if I am able to purchase a new receiver but with a young family, not sure if that is possible anytime soon.
Extras (not needed but are nice--in order of importance)
1. Load time (Almost put this on above list)
2. Netflix/Youtube (although I do have netflix via xbox360)
3. Streaming with my iMac (if that is even possible)
Any final suggestions for me? so far I have Oppo 83 or 93; Panasonic 85 as the most suggested. Is Oppo overkill? Will Pany give me close enough up-conversion for this amazing TV? Anything else I am missing?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!