Okay, so I just got an A30 for the holiday and I'm not sure if I should keep it for my situation. I currently only have a 42PX60U, which is only a 720P set, so I know I won't benefit from this 1080P player (over A3). I don't think I will be getting a 1080P tv anytime soon (within a year or 2), so should I return the A30 and go for the A3 for now until I get another tv? The benefit of this is that by the time I do get a new tv, HD DVD players will probably drop in price. The one thing that I don't want to do is sacrifice on SD DVD upscale quality. My current DVD player does a fantastic job upscaling my DVDs, so I would really like to keep PQ of SD DVDs. I've read that the A30 does a better upscale job, relative to the A3, but is it worth the extra cash? I think if I could get in on one of those super cheap deals for the A3, then I'd have an easier decision, but I missed out on the deals. Would I be better just returning the A30 and just waiting for the tv upgrade or waiting for a better deal for an A3? I'm not too worry about the sound output of the player.
post #1 of 8
12/26/07 at 11:14pm