After a brief delay... framing is almost finished. The ceiling isn't up yet, but everything else is framed. I'm also finishing the rest of the basement at the same time so even with help, it's going to go a little slower than if I was just doing the theater. That said, everything seems to be moving along!
Pictures, with descriptions below each...
This is from the back left corner (left of the seating area) showing the outside wall with rough opening for a 5' exterior solid wood door. That wall is a double stud wall.
View from the seating area looking forward to the front of the room. There will be a stage built up from the floor to go over the sump pump plumbing. Also, the HVAC duct will be bulkheaded outside of the room in room construction, placing it behind DD+GG. Partway under the bulkhead and 1-2' off the front wall will be a screen wall to hold an audio transparent screen.
Looking into the theater from the outside. Two details in this picture: I used a load bearing framing header (2x10s sandwiching 1/2" plywood) across the door on the inside of the theater. My thinking there was that the 5' solid wood doors will be heavy, and I may add 3/4" MDF+GG to them on the inside, so I want that wall/opening to be sturdy. Other thing you can see from this view is the nook on the opposite side of the room. That will hold the equipment. I haven't decided if it will have a door yet. If it does, it will have a HVAC supply going into the bottom of it and a return from the top to help airflow.
Detail of the double stud wall. Approx 1" gap, no connections.
Another view of the double stud wall. The "ladder" you see is built on the outside wall from the perspective of the theater and just provides a tie point to a tall that becomes the front of that closet that borders the theater. I think that closet will be a good place to put some 90 degree turns in my HVAC supply and return lines.
Neutraphone (like Acoustik Mat) placed under the HVAC air handler, at DE's recommendation. The Mat is about 9/16" thick. The bottom of the HVAC air handler seemed to have a solid treatment of sheet metal and I didn't have height in the duct above to raise it enough to put plywood on top of the mat so it's sitting directly on the mat. I had to have the plumber disconnect the gas supply to the furnace to lift it. Luckily he was already scheduled to be in for some other work. Lifting the furnace and sliding the mat under took no more than 10 minutes.
The sump pipes don't touch the wood of the framing. I think we will drywall around them and do the best we can to make it air tight. The guy who's helping me has done drywall for many years and tells me it's no problem, he's done similar work around pipes in hospitals where they can't have any gap between the wall and the pipe. If anyone has better suggestions for handling this penetration, let me know!