Originally Posted by DougReim
I tried BPlayer's suggestions but I'm not able to get the new unit into my existing activities.
You did not explicitly state what you tried, so here are the detailed step using the software:
1. Add the AVR-4250 as a device
2. Select Setting for the Activity you want to add the receiver
3. Select Review Setting for this Activity, and press Next
4 Select Yes, but I want to add more control, and press next
5. From the Devices Not In Use, select Add for the AVR-4250, and press Save
6. Confirm the input channel for the TV, and press Next
7. Confirm the input channel for your existing receiver, and press Next
8. Select the input channel for the AVR-4250, and press Next
9. Press Save again if the configuration looks correct
10. Select Yes, these settings are correct, and press Next
11. Finally, press Done twice
Now test and customize the buttons in the Activity.
Repeat the above for all the Activities as required.
Of course, you need a plan on how both receivers will be configured and used, or if the old one is just unplugged and you are using the remote codes for it to operate the new receiver (worst case situation IMHO).