or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Official Logitech Harmony One thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Logitech Harmony One thread - Page 332

post #9931 of 11255
" You can add unlimited steps to the start/end of activities (run wizard again and answer "I want to add more control", then you can add your 9 steps to the start to toggle speakers off and another 9 to the end to toggle back on)."

This is how I have it set now, and found that I only need this for the "watch tv quietly" activity, as the rest will all use the surround/external.. I think this works best for me, thanks for that!! as per cust support, I would have been clicking two seperate additional buttons w/sequences each time I changed activity and it was set incorrectly for what I was doing. This should work quite well! Thanks for the prompt and helpful response.

Have had it for about a week, and have spent more time tinkering with the remote then watching tv it seems.. but the remote seems to be just about how I want it, so soon will be able to enjoy my new home theater! (and wont have to listen to boss complain when she tries to use 4 remotes and Im not home) She seems to understand and like this one quite well.. and am finally at the "teach her what I've learned" stage. Should be a breeze. Am sure you will see future questions. Thanks again.
post #9932 of 11255
I recently upgraded to the one from a 550 that was dying. My one seems much slower to respond than my 550. My annoyance comes in when I'm fast forwarding on the DVR. When I get past the commercials and hit play, it hesitates and I have to rewind because I missed a few seconds. I never had this problem with my 550. Does anyone else notice this? Would I be happier with a 700 or something or are they all the same?
post #9933 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkowski1 View Post

I recently upgraded to the one from a 550 that was dying. My one seems much slower to respond than my 550. My annoyance comes in when I'm fast forwarding on the DVR. When I get past the commercials and hit play, it hesitates and I have to rewind because I missed a few seconds. I never had this problem with my 550. Does anyone else notice this? Would I be happier with a 700 or something or are they all the same?

Give it a week & you will get used to it. Retrain your brain.
post #9934 of 11255
larkowski1,

You could try to trouble shoot the DVR and then select the "Digital Set Top Box is responding too slowly" option. Check that setting and see much you can reduce it. In my settings I have the DVR set to O ms.
post #9935 of 11255
My guess is you has DirecTV. All their DVRs have slowed down recently. I bet the DirecTV remote behaves the same way.
post #9936 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

larkowski1,

You could try to trouble shoot the DVR and then select the "Digital Set Top Box is responding too slowly" option. Check that setting and see much you can reduce it. In my settings I have the DVR set to O ms.

Actually that seems to have helped some. I knew about that setting as I had to do that with my TV and my 550, but for some reason I wasn't thinking about it in this context since it wasn't repeated button presses.
post #9937 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkowski1 View Post

I recently upgraded to the one from a 550 that was dying. My one seems much slower to respond than my 550. My annoyance comes in when I'm fast forwarding on the DVR. When I get past the commercials and hit play, it hesitates and I have to rewind because I missed a few seconds. I never had this problem with my 550. Does anyone else notice this? Would I be happier with a 700 or something or are they all the same?

Could it be related to a speed setting? You could try changing the delays in the programming software. That helped mine work faster.
post #9938 of 11255
Trouble when I switch inputs. When I go from watch a movie or play a game to play ipod I want my PS3 and Epson 8350 to turn off and my Denon AVR 791 to switch to ipod input. The denon switches, ipod works and PS3 goes off but proj stays on. It will go off if I hit help 3-4 times. In my ipod activity I have it set up that all unsed other devices should automatically turn off when I start the ipod activity. I am guessing the problem has something to do with the epson having a power toggle and not discrete on/off buttons. Any ideas?
post #9939 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by slennon View Post

Trouble when I switch inputs. When I go from watch a movie or play a game to play ipod I want my PS3 and Epson 8350 to turn off and my Denon AVR 791 to switch to ipod input. The denon switches, ipod works and PS3 goes off but proj stays on. It will go off if I hit help 3-4 times. In my ipod activity I have it set up that all unsed other devices should automatically turn off when I start the ipod activity. I am guessing the problem has something to do with the epson having a power toggle and not discrete on/off buttons. Any ideas?

Do you ever have a problem with the projector not turning off when you power off from watch a movie or play a game, or starting one of these activities? If yes, this would be a common problem to switching activities.

It could be that the ir signal is missed by the projector. You could try going into the software and using the Troubleshoot facility.
post #9940 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by slennon View Post

Trouble when I switch inputs. When I go from watch a movie or play a game to play ipod I want my PS3 and Epson 8350 to turn off and my Denon AVR 791 to switch to ipod input. The denon switches, ipod works and PS3 goes off but proj stays on. It will go off if I hit help 3-4 times. In my ipod activity I have it set up that all unsed other devices should automatically turn off when I start the ipod activity. I am guessing the problem has something to do with the epson having a power toggle and not discrete on/off buttons. Any ideas?

Hmmm... I thought most Epson's used discrete commands for on/off or you may have the option available in the command list.

Also does the 8350 require a double press to turn off? Often with projectors the first time you press off it will ask to confirm and then a second press will actually shut it off. You can program the Harmony to do that automatically. Alternatively, you may be able to turn off the double press requirement in the menu.

I have an older Epson projector and it has discrete on/off as well as the ability to shut off the power off confirmation in the menu.

Good luck, hope this helps.
post #9941 of 11255
Anybody here has a mitsubshi dlp tv , I can't get the remote to change inputs

It's a 60c10
post #9942 of 11255
Searched a couple of threads, but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the touch screen failing. The buttons on my 880 have failed and I would like to replace it with a ONE. However, I'm a little hesitant to spend money on another Harmony remote (even though I love their user friendliness).

Thoughts?
post #9943 of 11255
We've had our One almost since they came out. No problems at all. We also have an 880. If our 880 fails I'll buy another One to replace it.
post #9944 of 11255
Jonny, how many devices do you have? You may not need a One.
post #9945 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Jonny, how many devices do you have? You may not need a One.

You're right, I only use my TV, HD-DVR, AV Receiver, and PS3 on a regular basis. Do you think I can get by with the 650 or the 700?

I was just thinking the ONE because it looks very similar to the 880 and I like the rechargable base. Logitech gave me a 50% off coupon for any remote on their website, so I can get it for $100.
post #9946 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyb99 View Post

You're right, I only use my TV, HD-DVR, AV Receiver, and PS3 on a regular basis. Do you think I can get by with the 650 or the 700?

I was just thinking the ONE because it looks very similar to the 880 and I like the rechargable base. Logitech gave me a 50% off coupon for any remote on their website, so I can get it for $100.

I bought a one to replace a dying 550 and I kind of wish I hadn't. The 700 has the color buttons. My problem was that some sites claimed the 700 only controls 6 devices, but it controls 8. I wish I had done my research better ahead of time (I usually do). I also like the 700's matte finish.

That said, the one has been flawless so far.
post #9947 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatorTot View Post

Anybody here has a mitsubshi dlp tv , I can't get the remote to change inputs

It's a 60c10

I had the same issue. Support can take you to a menu of green "input" icons on the screen. It will probably have to be 2nd level support, the 1st level will try to do a half-ass workaround. Don't settle for it. DLP's sometimes switch inputs slower than other technologies. Also, you may need to do the same for a cold start when the display takes much longer to power up. It's not complex if the rep knows what they're doing, best support I ever opted to pay for(I was out of warranty).
post #9948 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyb99 View Post

You're right, I only use my TV, HD-DVR, AV Receiver, and PS3 on a regular basis. Do you think I can get by with the 650 or the 700?

I was just thinking the ONE because it looks very similar to the 880 and I like the rechargable base. Logitech gave me a 50% off coupon for any remote on their website, so I can get it for $100.

Like larkowski, I prefer having colored buttons that the One lacks. It has no base, but you only need to recharge it about every 6 weeks. If you use sequences, then use the 7.7 software with it instead of myharmony.com, but that limits you to 6 devices versus 8. But go for the One if you like it better.
post #9949 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Like larkowski, I prefer having colored buttons that the One lacks. It has no base, but you only need to recharge it about every 6 weeks. If you use sequences, then use the 7.7 software with it instead of myharmony.com, but that limits you to 6 devices versus 8. But go for the One if you like it better.

Just so I'm clear, how many activities can you program into the 700? I would like to use macros for the following:

Watch TV (OTA)
Watch TV (D*)
Watch movie (via PS3)
Listen to CD (via PS3)
Listen to radio (A/V receiver)

Thanks to all for your advice!
post #9950 of 11255
Logitech's website says 6, the box says 8 (noticed that in Best Buy after already purchasing the one). The previous poster seems to have indicated that it depends on how you are programming it (installed software vs myharmony.com). I've always used the installed software (which is really just a web frontend anyway). That seems weird. I would contact Logitech and ask them for sure.
post #9951 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyb99 View Post

Just so I'm clear, how many activities can you program into the 700? I would like to use macros for the following:

Watch TV (OTA)
Watch TV (D*)
Watch movie (via PS3)
Listen to CD (via PS3)
Listen to radio (A/V receiver)

Thanks to all for your advice!

Practically unlimited (possibly 256) activities just like all harmonys (except the 200 and 300). Only functional difference between the 700 and the One is the total number of devices (see below). I used to have close to 30 activities on mine. I also had 12 devices on my 700, but that's another story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkowski1 View Post

Logitech's website says 6, the box says 8 (noticed that in Best Buy after already purchasing the one). The previous poster seems to have indicated that it depends on how you are programming it (installed software vs myharmony.com). I've always used the installed software (which is really just a web frontend anyway). That seems weird. I would contact Logitech and ask them for sure.

It's weird but true. The old 7.7 software limits you to 6 on a 700. Myharmony gives you 8, but takes away a lot of functionality. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation. The only way I can explain it is possibly lazy developers. I would never recommend the Myharmony.com config method to anyone.
post #9952 of 11255
This might influence some decisions... Logitech currently has factory refurb Ones for $100 + free shipping.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7363...ntent=My+Yahoo
post #9953 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

This might influence some decisions... Logitech currently has factory refurb Ones for $100 + free shipping.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7363...ntent=My+Yahoo

Thanks. My son's birthday is coming up so this will be perfect. He just bought himself a 50" plasma, Pioneer receiver and a new XBOX in the last few months. Time for the One.
post #9954 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Practically unlimited (possibly 256) activities just like all harmonys (except the 200 and 300). Only functional difference between the 700 and the One is the total number of devices (see below). I used to have close to 30 activities on mine. I also had 12 devices on my 700, but that's another story.
It's weird but true. The old 7.7 software limits you to 6 on a 700. Myharmony gives you 8, but takes away a lot of functionality. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation. The only way I can explain it is possibly lazy developers. I would never recommend the Myharmony.com config method to anyone.

My thanks to all for the advice. I think the 700 will fit my needs perfectly; just ordered it this morning!
post #9955 of 11255
BTW, the 700 is $80 at BB this week.
post #9956 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

BTW, the 700 is $80 at BB this week.

Logitech gave me a 50% off coupon for any remote on their website, so I got it for $59.99!
post #9957 of 11255
I heard a few months ago Logitech was coming out with something to replace the Harmony One this year (I think it was on engadget). Has there been any new info about that?
post #9958 of 11255
I had an old 670, screen has died. Thx Logitech, they gave me %50 off, so I bought a Harmony One. Now my battery lasts only two days (well I never made it die, but after one day screen shows halfway point) and the range is horrible. I cannot control some of devices unless I aim at them with laser point accuracy. I did not experience this behavior with the original remotes and I tried 670 (which still works apart from the screen issue), it does not have that issue either.

Do people have same issues, or do I have a lemon and should I get it exchanged? Will 700 be better (as far as range is concerned)

When I moved from 670 to One, when I clicked on Replace Remote, I lost all my custom buttons. Will it be same way if I do a harmony One to Harmony One exchange?

Thx for your help
post #9959 of 11255
The range on my One is also horrible, and when people say to just increase the amount of command repeats, that's not going to improve the signal strength. I could point my 880 at a wall and components would still respond.

I don't think it's just yours.

I'm hoping there will soon be a universal remote for android phones (if there isn't one already that's in line with Logitech's remotes from a pricing and functionality standpoint) and when that day comes, off goes the One to eBay.

BTW, when I moved from my 880 to my One, I lost all of my XM station presets, and I could no longer set my own background image.
post #9960 of 11255
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaban View Post

I had an old 670, screen has died. Thx Logitech, they gave me %50 off, so I bought a Harmony One. Now my battery lasts only two days (well I never made it die, but after one day screen shows halfway point) and the range is horrible. I cannot control some of devices unless I aim at them with laser point accuracy. I did not experience this behavior with the original remotes and I tried 670 (which still works apart from the screen issue), it does not have that issue either.

Do people have same issues, or do I have a lemon and should I get it exchanged? Will 700 be better (as far as range is concerned)

When I moved from 670 to One, when I clicked on Replace Remote, I lost all my custom buttons. Will it be same way if I do a harmony One to Harmony One exchange?

Thx for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich3fan View Post

The range on my One is also horrible, and when people say to just increase the amount of command repeats, that's not going to improve the signal strength. I could point my 880 at a wall and components would still respond.

I don't think it's just yours.

I'm hoping there will soon be a universal remote for android phones (if there isn't one already that's in line with Logitech's remotes from a pricing and functionality standpoint) and when that day comes, off goes the One to eBay.

BTW, when I moved from my 880 to my One, I lost all of my XM station presets, and I could no longer set my own background image.

My first One from years ago acted like you are describing, so I exchanged it and got a good one. It's not as good as my 880 was, but it's very close. I can bounce signals off the walls.

I would get an exchange if possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Official Logitech Harmony One thread