or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Official AVS Motorola DCX series HD DVR Topic!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official AVS Motorola DCX series HD DVR Topic! - Page 50

post #1471 of 4764
hey all.....first off I was having major issues with my 3400 pretty much right off the bat. greens screens, shutting down when set for recording...etc. then last week it pretty much just died. for now my provider has given me an extra 3200 to use until they find a better pvr option. since I started using the 3200 my sound has been sketchy. the voices glitch and i'm not really sure why it's doing it. when I change it to l-pcm in my user options it works fine, but displays on my avr that i'm only running 2 channel but it sounds much better. next problem is everytime i'm turning the system off it's resetting the settings. I already have my harmony set up for the 3400 to turn off/on at the right time so i'm not sure why it's not working for the 3200.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
post #1472 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwww View Post

That's most likely because you're using the new darker gray remote that they're giving out with these boxes without reprogramming the main Cable code. If you follow the directions listed a few times in this thread or on the wiki page to 01376 you will be able to use those other 2 features.

Sorry, I cannot find what you are referring to. Could you post link or more specific, please

I do not have this remote, but my son in law does and we are trying to get him set up. My solution was to get a silver remote eventually, but if the darker ones will do it , then I can save the time and money

In an earlier post of mine regarding the silvrer remote, I did not post the link, as I have not learned how. Just in case if you wondering why I did not do what I am asking you.
post #1473 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT6416UIIIuser View Post

Sorry, I cannot find what you are referring to. Could you post link or more specific, please.

I think THIS is the post he's referring to.

Regarding posting of a link (as I just did above), to convert any text string to become a link:

(1) in another window or tab of your browser, select the URL you want to place in the link from the address area of that window, right-click and select COPY from the popup menu.

(2) back in your AVS post which is being composed (just like I'm doing right now), select the complete text string that you would like to become the active URL link by holding the mouse down and dragging, to highlight that text string.

(3) with the selected/highlighted text still lit up, click on the blue globe icon at the top of the composition window (if you put your mouse over it, you'll get a flyout help that says "insert link").

(4) the click on the icon will trigger a window to appear, asking you to enter the URL of your link, with "http://" pre-entered for you. I generally just then hit the DELETE key on the keyboard, to make this pre-filled starter URL vaporize, and also get the blinking text cursor right at the start of that area.

(5) right-click, and select PASTE from the popup menu

==>> presto, your URL from the other window will now be inserted. Click on the OK button and you're done. The URL you pasted will be correctly sandwiched between the correct URL on/off markers, and properly inserted with your highlighted text string as well.

The net result is to convert any text to an active URL.
post #1474 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwww View Post

That's most likely because you're using the new darker gray remote that they're giving out with these boxes without reprogramming the main Cable code. If you follow the directions listed a few times in this thread or on the wiki page to 01376 you will be able to use those other 2 features.

Thanks. That did it.
post #1475 of 4764
Hey guys I have a 3400 and have it hooked up via HDMI to my Pioneer SC-05 and HDMI from the SC-05 to my Panny plasma.
About once or twice a week I get a video dropout that could be a couple of seconds long to almost 45 seconds. This is ONLY the video not audio.

What can I do here? Is it just the box itself (maybe try another?) or maybe a cable?

FWIW, I have an Oppo Blu-ray player hooked up via HDMI to the SC-05 and to the plasma and do not have this problem, so I gotta think its something with the STB.

Thanks
post #1476 of 4764
hey guys-
just switched to comcast and received a dcx3400. I can not figure if it is better to leave the res. fixed at 1080i or native and let the program dictate. It takes longer to change channels, but isn't that better than to convert a 720p to 1080i ?
I have a 73" Mits. 1080p tv..
can someone explain how this fixed vs native works and what is the best option?
Never played with this on my DirectTv (not even sure if i could have)
thanks!
post #1477 of 4764
Ok so I tried changing the DCX3400 from Native to 1080i and I put stretch for 4:3 override, this way the DCX was always outputting 1080, even on SD channels.

What I noticed is that the box feels 1000 times faster. I can channel surf from SD to SD without the random screen blackouts, and I can even go from SD to ESPN HD, or SD to CBS HD for example, or from Discovery HD to ABC HD and the screen stays solid the entire time.

It feels like such a luxury, but at the cost of loosing some detail on 720p HD channels. I have to weigh the options if it's worth it to go back to that setting, but for now I went back to Native so that the 720p channels stay in 720p, while the 1080i channels stay in 1080i.

It would be a NO BRAINER decision if these stinking networks all converted to 1080i. The ones I watch mostly are ABC HD, FOX HD, HISTORY HD, A&E HD and some ESPN HD ant Nat GEO HD. Those are all 720p channels. So you'd think I should put the DCX at 720p fixed, but NO.. because I watch CBS HD, DISCOVERY HD, TLC HD, and some of the premium HD's as well. So I have to sacrifice screen blackouts and major channel surfing lag for quality. They said life ain't ever easy and they are right.

I can get the screen to black out when going from SD to SD also, particulally on certain channels, like going from Ch 40 to 39 will always do it, even though they are both output as 480P according to the TV. This I feel is a bug with the Motorola 22.35 firmware.

I can't try 480i on my TV, apparently Samsung did not support it on my Plasma with HDMI. My TV has 1024x768 rectangular pixels, so it doesn't match either 1280x720 or 1920x1080... hence I'm sure it's decoder knows what's best vs. the DCX box, and this is why the 720p channels look sharper on Native.

I think if I passed through an AVR, I'd just set it to 1080i and stretch just to eliminate a lot of the headaches people are having with the double handshakes resetting the box.
post #1478 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post

It feels like such a luxury, but at the cost of loosing some detail on 720p HD channels. I have to weigh the options if it's worth it to go back to that setting, but for now I went back to Native so that the 720p channels stay in 720p, while the 1080i channels stay in 1080i.

Why don't you compromise by (a) setting 1080i instead of native, so that your channel changing is quick as you describe, and (b) set up a button on your remote to cycle through resolutions so that if you do change to a 720p channel and want to view it at true 720p you can just push the button and drop down from 1080i to 720p.

This way there's no need to power off the box to get into the hardware setup menu to change to 720p, nor is there a need to use "native" if you feel it really degrades channel changing performance (when going to another channel that has a different resolution).

If/when you go back to a 1080i channel you'll again have to push the resolution cycle button on your remote a few times... going to 480p, 480i, and finally back to 1080i. Minor nuisance, for the benefit of the zippiness improvement of running the DCX at a fixed resolution.

Incidentally... I still think it's your HDTV which is most likely responsible for the "delay" in changing channels when there is a corresponding change in resolution when running "native". The DCX is now doing nothing but sending the datastream to the HDTV exactly as-is, expecting your HDTV to adjust itself according to the native program resolution being delivered... as fast as that happens.
post #1479 of 4764
DSperber,
does your above post also make sense if you have bluRay and cable box going thru a receiver and then to HDTV??

I have my 3400 set on Native and as long as i follow your previous post of order on and order off it works fine. My problem is that I have a Harmony One remote which allows me to set the order in which devices go ON But won't let me set the OFF order--so it pretty much becomes a manual get up and shut off devices.

So again with regards to your previous post will it work with MY setup?? And what should the 4:3 setting be??

thanks

Mike
post #1480 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticman View Post

DSperber,
does your above post also make sense if you have bluRay and cable box going thru a receiver and then to HDTV??

My suggestion concerns only the behavior of the DVR, and the resolution of the program delivered to either HDTV or in your case (and mine) the receiver. There is no impact or consideration for any other source device you have going through your receiver and then onto your HDTV.

If running the DCX in "fixed 1080i" mode has appeal to you because (a) channel surfing goes much faster, and (b) you can always conveniently manually change from 1080i to 720p and back with a programmed button on your remote if you want to watch a 720p program, then this setup is certainly an alternative to "native".

If channel surfing speed isn't much of an issue with you (e.g. you don't care about the few extra seconds your HDTV takes to change resolutions as you change channels) and you'd just as soon let the DCX deliver the "native" resolution all the time, then stick with "native".

It's really your own preference.


Quote:


I have my 3400 set on Native and as long as i follow your previous post of order on and order off it works fine.

The issue is not just whether or not the power on/off sequence works for you or not in retaining "native" when a receiver is between the DCX and HDTV. It's also the channel-changing speed when the resolution sent through your receiver to the HDTV causes it to delay a few seconds because it's changing resolutions as you change channels on the DCX.

Certainly having the DCX not change resolutions, by always sending out 1080i, should make channel changing faster since your HDTV will never need to change resolutions. Once you arrive at a 720p channel you want to watch, use the resolution button on your remote to switch to 720p... and you're done. Best resolution for viewing 720p or 1080i at your finger tips, and quickest possible channel changing... and you shouldn't have the "lose native" issue no matter what order of power on/off you use.


Quote:


And what should the 4:3 setting be??

If I had 1080i set I would also have "4:3 override => OFF", because I do NOT want horizontal stretching of 4:3 under any circumstances. I want the black bars on left and right, with 4:3 presented in true OAR.

That's my preference.
post #1481 of 4764
I have to say I'm impressed with your ability to thoroughly explain--to the point that even I am starting to understand my options. I thank you for that.

i'll have to play around and see which setup works best for me but at least I have options. Only issue is setting up button for changing resolution--on a harmony one remote rather than a comcast dark grey remote that I don't use.

regardless thank you again for all the good info and patience too!!
post #1482 of 4764
DSperber,

Yeah I used to have a DCH-3416 and I kept that on 1080i and used the format button (EFC Code 00109 IIRC) programmed to an unused button on my remote.

I could certainly go that route, but not that I would ever in a million years expect the wife to understand that. So It wouldn't really get used unless I'm watching it, and when I change the res, she's like "What are you doing!!!?", and I just cant explain it to her.

Maybe I will leave it as is. This way the overall perception is that the box is slow, and maybe the Wife will be more open to getting a Moxi, Tivo Premier, Ceton Cable Card tuner with xbox 360 extender, etc...
post #1483 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherstream View Post

Maybe I will leave it as is. This way the overall perception is that the box is slow, and maybe the Wife will be more open to getting a Moxi, Tivo Premier, Ceton Cable Card tuner with xbox 360 extender, etc...

Well, instead of changing channels sequentially up or down, it seems that "seeing what's on" by browsing through the Guide (or HDTV, or Favorites if you've taken the time to set up one or more lists of favorite channels) is obviously the most effective way to decide what you want to watch next.

While the Guide is still only a 4:3 presentation, I do believe it is sent out in the same resolution you are currently watching... either 480i or 720p or 1080i... with whatever you're currently watching moved into the upper-right corner of the 16:9 screen, again all still at the current resolution. So it doesn't take an extra few seconds for your HDTV to present the Guide onscreen, it happens instantly.

It's only after choosing another channel which has a resolution different from the one you're currently watching that the few seconds occur for your HDTV to change to the new "native" resolution of that target channel. But all of the Guide examination and paging through that... it all got performed instantly, with no hint of "slowness" right up to the final channel change which took a few extra seconds.

And of course, if you happen to choose a new channel that happens to have the same resolution as the one you're watching, well there will be NO delay of a few seconds since your HDTV will not have to change resolutions. Again... no hint of "slowness" even when changing channels.

If you explained this all to her... would it mean anything?

Anyway, my own arrangement with my DCX connected directly to my second HDTV (no AVR) is to leave it on "native" and just accept 1-2 seconds for a possible resolution change. My DCH connected through AVR to my first HDTV is set on "1080i" and I manually change resolutions myself (knowing it will take a few seconds) using the 00109 button on my remote.
post #1484 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Well, instead of changing channels sequentially up or down, it seems that "seeing what's on" by browsing through the Guide (or HDTV, or Favorites if you've taken the time to set up one or more lists of favorite channels) is obviously the most effective way to decide what you want to watch next.

While the Guide is still only a 4:3 presentation, I do believe it is sent out in the same resolution you are currently watching... either 480i or 720p or 1080i... with whatever you're currently watching moved into the upper-right corner of the 16:9 screen, again all still at the current resolution. So it doesn't take an extra few seconds for your HDTV to present the Guide onscreen, it happens instantly.

It's only after choosing another channel which has a resolution different from the one you're currently watching that the few seconds occur for your HDTV to change to the new "native" resolution of that target channel. But all of the Guide examination and paging through that... it all got performed instantly, with no hint of "slowness" right up to the final channel change which took a few extra seconds.

And of course, if you happen to choose a new channel that happens to have the same resolution as the one you're watching, well there will be NO delay of a few seconds since your HDTV will not have to change resolutions. Again... no hint of "slowness" even when changing channels.

If you explained this all to her... would it mean anything?

Anyway, my own arrangement with my DCX connected directly to my second HDTV (no AVR) is to leave it on "native" and just accept 1-2 seconds for a possible resolution change. My DCH connected through AVR to my first HDTV is set on "1080i" and I manually change resolutions myself (knowing it will take a few seconds) using the 00109 button on my remote.

Yup. Using the guide is the quickest way to navigate channels.
post #1485 of 4764
I've had the DCX3400 (Comcast) since just after this past Christmas, and it's had one very annoying behavior since it arrived. Every so often, perhaps 1-2 times per week, the box will stop responding to the remote. The front panel will still function correctly, but the remote does nothing. After a period of time, from 10 minutes to a couple of hours, the remote will work fine and the box will respond correctly.

Has anyone seen this?
post #1486 of 4764
SOMEONE HELP!

(If this has been addressed earlier or in another thread, can you please direct me to it?)

Is there any way to increase the buffer time on the DCX3400?

I had a DCT6412 that had (what appeared to be) a 45+ minute buffer, but this 3400 seems to only buffer 25 minutes!

You see...

There would be times I'd wake up (having left both tuners on TCM) and if there just happened to be a movie I'd like to save (that was on and in progress), all I had to do is hit the record button and it would be recorded to the HD from a few minutes before the movie started. The 3400 (on the otherhand) only records the last 25 (or so) minutes! It being a 320GB, I would expect a larger buffer time.

In a spec page I found (http://gdgt.com/motorola/dcx3400/specs/), it states the 3400 has a 120 minute Live TV RECORDING buffer but I have of yet to access it.

Is there hope for my little buffer situation?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.
post #1487 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 3rd View Post

SOMEONE HELP!

(If this has been addressed earlier or in another thread, can you please direct me to it?)

Is there any way to increase the buffer time on the DCX3400?

I had a DCT6412 that had (what appeared to be) a 45+ minute buffer, but this 3400 seems to only buffer 25 minutes!

You see...

There would be times I'd wake up (having left both tuners on TCM) and if there just happened to be a movie I'd like to save (that was on and in progress), all I had to do is hit the record button and it would be recorded to the HD from a few minutes before the movie started. The 3400 (on the otherhand) only records the last 25 (or so) minutes! It being a 320GB, I would expect a larger buffer time.

In a spec page I found (http://gdgt.com/motorola/dcx3400/specs/), it states the 3400 has a 120 minute Live TV RECORDING buffer but I have of yet to access it.

Is there hope for my little buffer situation?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

There's no way I know of the adjust the size of the buffer. And the info about it on the page you link to doesn't sound quite right either. The buffer is a certain amount of disk space, so the amount of time depends on whether you're watching an HD or non-HD channel. For an HD channel, I get approximately 10-15 minutes on each tuner.
post #1488 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 3rd View Post

SOMEONE HELP!

(If this has been addressed earlier or in another thread, can you please direct me to it?)

Is there any way to increase the buffer time on the DCX3400?

I had a DCT6412 that had (what appeared to be) a 45+ minute buffer, but this 3400 seems to only buffer 25 minutes!

You see...

There would be times I'd wake up (having left both tuners on TCM) and if there just happened to be a movie I'd like to save (that was on and in progress), all I had to do is hit the record button and it would be recorded to the HD from a few minutes before the movie started. The 3400 (on the otherhand) only records the last 25 (or so) minutes! It being a 320GB, I would expect a larger buffer time.

In a spec page I found (http://gdgt.com/motorola/dcx3400/specs/), it states the 3400 has a 120 minute Live TV RECORDING buffer but I have of yet to access it.

Is there hope for my little buffer situation?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

I have had DCTs, DCHs, and now DCXs. Due to the larger hard drives, the DCX easily has the longest buffer. If you were getting 45 minutes before, it was definitely SD. On an HD channel, I can get around 20-25 minutes of buffer with the DCX. I never watch SD any more, but I'm sure that buffer is well over an hour.
post #1489 of 4764
I got a DCX this morning (apparently been available for a few weeks now), and they are equipped in this market with a 500G HDD. Sweet, I can finally start recording things in HD again, at least until the wife and kids manage to fill the 500G like they did the 160G we had previously!

Haven't had the opportunity to do much with it, but I am hoping that most of the issues encountered by folks on this board have been solved.

I will give the firewire to PC a try, although I don't expect it to work, it hasn't been working lately with my DCH3416 either, and I never got around to troubleshooting the issue with that one. With the DCH, it seemed to record properly for a few minutes (maybe as much as 10-15 mins.), but then always cut the recording short of the end.

The 30-second skip never worked with the DCH in this market (Cox disabled it), and it doesn't appear to be working with this one either, although all I did to try it was using the 30-second skip button programmed onto my URC MX-810 remote for the DCT/DCH.
post #1490 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbennefeld View Post

I will give the firewire to PC a try, although I don't expect it to work, it hasn't been working lately with my DCH3416 either, and I never got around to troubleshooting the issue with that one. With the DCH, it seemed to record properly for a few minutes (maybe as much as 10-15 mins.), but then always cut the recording short of the end.

Recording to an NTFS partition, or FAT32? Hopefully... NTFS.

Am very curious to see if you have any success at all with firewire and the DCX.
post #1491 of 4764
Has anybody here tried connecting an external HDD to their DCX? I'm using Wave Broadband, and I'm being told that my DCX3200 (and apparently my previous DCT6416) would allow the use of an external HDD!

On both my DCT & my DCX, the USB port is getting power. I've tried various USB devices (i.e. cell phone charger, Xbox 360 Plug & Play Controller, etc.) and they all operate properly! Sure, they don't extend memory for record, but they do charge (or turn on) using the cable box power!

I was planning on getting an external HDD for my computer, but I was tempted to connect it to the cable box instead to see what happens. But, I wanted to see if anybody has tried this already.
post #1492 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalcon2k View Post

Has anybody here tried connecting an external HDD to their DCX? I'm using Wave Broadband, and I'm being told that my DCX3200 (and apparently my previous DCT6416) would allow the use of an external HDD!

External storage on Motorola DVRs is not supported (functional) on any known cable operator in the United States.
post #1493 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalcon2k View Post

Has anybody here tried connecting an external HDD to their DCX? I'm using Wave Broadband, and I'm being told that my DCX3200 (and apparently my previous DCT6416) would allow the use of an external HDD!

On both my DCT & my DCX, the USB port is getting power. I've tried various USB devices (i.e. cell phone charger, Xbox 360 Plug & Play Controller, etc.) and they all operate properly! Sure, they don't extend memory for record, but they do charge (or turn on) using the cable box power!

I was planning on getting an external HDD for my computer, but I was tempted to connect it to the cable box instead to see what happens. But, I wanted to see if anybody has tried this already.

You got me thinking falcon2k, I don't have a memory expander for the very reason that, since supposedly eSata isn't turned on by the cable company. However I just charged my cellphone via USB to the DCX and it did work. I
post #1494 of 4764
yeah the VOLTAGE that powers the usb port is there.. i have a belkin 4 port usb hub powered off the port on the dcx. its currently charging my ps3 controllers and keyboards.. but no data connectivity exists... the older boxes worked the same way also...
post #1495 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSTNFAN View Post

I have had DCTs, DCHs, and now DCXs. Due to the larger hard drives, the DCX easily has the longest buffer. If you were getting 45 minutes before, it was definitely SD. On an HD channel, I can get around 20-25 minutes of buffer with the DCX. I never watch SD any more, but I'm sure that buffer is well over an hour.

FWIW, I've been routinely getting about 14-18 minutes of HD buffer on a small 120GB Comcast DCT-3412 over the last 4 years. I also get about 45-75 minutes of SD buffer on that same DCT.
post #1496 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

You got me thinking falcon2k, I don't have a memory expander for the very reason that, since supposedly eSata isn't turned on by the cable company. However I just charged my cellphone via USB to the DCX and it did work. I

Tom, 4 months ago, I was told by one of the Wave Broadband tech guys (and I quote) "We have a new box coming up (DCX3400) that will support external hard drives".

At the time, I was unaware that it was the DCX. I was expecting a new brand of box.
post #1497 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalcon2k View Post

Tom, 4 months ago, I was told by one of the Wave Broadband tech guys (and I quote) "We have a new box coming up (DCX3400) that will support external hard drives".

At the time, I was unaware that it was the DCX. I was expecting a new brand of box.

Ethernet, USB and eSata ports have been on Motorola boxes for some time now... including on the DCH3416.

However while they may have been electrically "hot" I was not aware that any of them were "logically functional" (e.g. USB port could not be used to offload digital data from unprotected programs, eSata was not operational to support external hard drives, etc.).

Only the firewire ports on Motorola boxes were ever fully operational and functional (until the DCX3400, when it got broken).

At least that's how I recall the product history.
post #1498 of 4764
I've followed the instructions on this post and then in the wiki page for 30 second skip, but my dark gray remote just won't cooperate.

Just tried it once more and she works!! Thanks!
post #1499 of 4764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalilama30 View Post

I've followed the instructions on this post and then in the wiki page for 30 second skip, but my dark gray remote just won't cooperate.

Dalilama,
I was having the same problem with the dark gray remote, but the instructions in your linked post (#1194) worked like a charm for me on Comcast with FW 22.35. The alternative that was recommended to me was to just get one of the old silver remotes from your cable company, which should take the programmed buttons without any unlocking steps.
Good luck!
post #1500 of 4764
Hello! I'm new to these forums as well as the HDTV world in general. I just upgraded from an old projection, standard definition TV to a new LCD HDTV. A lot of this stuff is foreign to me, so I am sure I'll be stopping by here a lot with questions, etc.

I recently traded in my old set top box with was a Motorola DCT6400 I believe for one with HDMI output for my TV. The box I was given was the DCX3400. I am having issues with the box that I haven't seen specifically addressed here so I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I first hooked the box up via HDMI, it froze on the first channel (Channel 2) and neither the remote nor the buttons on the box would respond. It took some unplugging and replugging the unit into the wall to finally get it to update the guide, etc. Eventually it would continue to lock up.

I thought it might be an HDMI issue, so I switched to component cables. That worked all day Saturday and into Saturday night, so Sunday morning I switched back to HDMI. While watching an HD channel, the sound began to cut out and eventually the picture went black, and the channel guide appeared on the screen, but a black picture behind it. Yet again, I had to unplug the unit and plug it back in.

For the rest of last night I had no issues. I watched the entire Oscar broadcast and went to bed. Before switching my TV off (I always leave the DVR on) I turned the channel back to an SD channel as I thought maybe the HD content was what was locking up the DVR.

This morning I woke up after 6:00 AM but the time on my DVR said 4:47 AM. I turned the TV on and the screen was green. Once again, the remote or set top buttons would not do anything. I unplugged the HDMI cable and plugged in a standard composite cable, and the audio and video showed up on my TV screen (the TV was tuned to a SD channel).

Before I left for work (where I am now) I unplugged the box one more time and left it set up with composite cables to see if it locks itself up again to rule out that it is the box itself and not HDMI related.

When I get home I can make note of the firmware version I have on my box, but for now I don't have that info. My TV is a Sony Bravia LCD TV. I just bought the TV so I'm really hoping this is an issue on the box's side of things and not the TV.

I apologize if this specific issue has been discussed but I tried to review as much of this thread as I could before posting my own situation.

One more thing to mention that I find odd is that I realized the other night that all of the additional digital channels as well as ALL movie channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.) are coming through crystal clear on my box. I have the very basic package with no extras so I'm wondering if this is an issue of the cable company not doing something they should have done with the box so now it's acting strange AND I have all of these extra pay channels which I do not pay for.

I have done so much switching of cables the last couple days that I can't remember if this issue happened with the component cables hooked up, which is why I left composite cables hooked up for now to see if it still locks up using those to rule out HDMI as an issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Adam
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Recorders
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › Official AVS Motorola DCX series HD DVR Topic!