Originally Posted by snidely
I forgot how to access the s/w ver. I know how to get to the diagnostics menu and the "main" menu.
It's located in the SETUP item, reached through the MENU dialog.
(1) With the unit currently powered on, press MENU, and then either select the HOME ("main menu") icon on the iconbar to get to the main menu, or just press the MENU button a second time to get to the main menu directly.
(2) Navigate down on the main menu (using the down-arrow key) to the second page, where you can see the SETUP item, select it and and push OK.
(3) Navigate to CABLE BOX SETUP and push OK.
(4) Navigate down to the "configuration" item which shows "SELECT TO DISPLAY" in the button, and push OK. You will be shown the "review configuration" details, including "S/W" and "firmware" versions.
(5) "Firmware level" is shown in the lower portion of the second column. "S/W" version is on the top row.