or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › XBL was FUBAR and all I got was this lousy arcade game...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

XBL was FUBAR and all I got was this lousy arcade game... - Page 3

post #61 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

$50 and 100 days of gaming/yr (yes I have a life) = 50¢ * 14 days = $7. Plus lets not forget the inconvenience of having to try and play online = wasted time. I make $25/hr and spent at least 5 hours of games beign dropped etc. = $125.

Total = $132

Since you make $25/hr when you're not playing video games, you should be ecstatic that XBL went down. Dude you're raking it in! I suggest setting fire to your Xbox and your TV. You'll be a millionaire in no time!

This has to be the dumbest argument for "compensation" I've seen yet. Service refund based on our salary. Since I make more than you I guess MS owes me more? Huh? Last month I took a trip with our CEO and our flight got cancelled. We both got bumped to 1st class. But since he makes so much more than me, he got ripped off! He should have been in super first class or get to bang the hot stewardess or something.

Exaggeration, I know. But dude, come on.
post #62 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark22 View Post

But since he makes so much more than me, he got ripped off! He should have been in super first class or get to bang the hot stewardess or something.

Well, he could've requested this
post #63 of 155
actually that's a fantastic idea. It brings a whole new meaning to "snakes on a plane"
post #64 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

actually that's a fantastic idea. It brings a whole new meaning to "snakes on a plane"

Haha I know you guys would like that one.
post #65 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark22 View Post

This has to be the dumbest argument for "compensation" I've seen yet.

My point was that I shoudl be compensated more than a dumb ass free arcade game. The other guy seems to think they owe me 96¢, which to me is abusrd. It was frustrating. Plus everyone knows holidays are time and a half!

Heck the pending lawsuit claims the damages suffered from the outages exceed $5 million.

I was just pointing out that my time is valuable to me. Maybe not to you or microsoft who obviously didn't care that it went down for weeks.

I agree with this statement my friend made:
"A game as compensation is a bad, bad idea. Everyone has vastly different tastes in games and some people will get more or less mileage out of that deal. Also you are offering a product in exchange for a paid for, but unprovided service. In my mind, the only way to make it up to subscribers is added service, x2 for holidays. So, if it's been unusable for 2 weeks, we should get a month credited, etc."
post #66 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

My point was that I shoudl be compensated more than a dumb ass free arcade game. The other guy seems to think they owe me 96¢, which to me is abusrd. It was frustrating. Plus everyone knows holidays are time and a half!

Heck the pending lawsuit claims the damages suffered from the outages exceed $5 million.

I was just pointing out that my time is valuable to me. Maybe not to you or microsoft who obviously didn't care that it went down for weeks.

I agree with this statement my friend made:
"A game as compensation is a bad, bad idea. Everyone has vastly different tastes in games and some people will get more or less mileage out of that deal. Also you are offering a product in exchange for a paid for, but unprovided service. In my mind, the only way to make it up to subscribers is added service, x2 for holidays. So, if it's been unusable for 2 weeks, we should get a month credited, etc."

And in the end there's no use bitching about it because it's not gonna change anything. Technically MS doesn't have to do anything about it, the free arcade game is a pretty nice "We're sorry" in my eyes. The amount of money you have technically lost from this isn't enough to even hold up in small claims court. The idiots filing a big class action suit because they each lost the equivalent of $2 a piece and a couple weeks of online gaming are doing nothing more than trying to take advantage of the system. It's parasites like them that want some ridiculously large handout over nothing that are the reason you can't do anything in this country without worrying you're gonna get sued for it.
post #67 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch View Post

Technically MS doesn't have to do anything about it, the free arcade game is a pretty nice "We're sorry" in my eyes.

Actually its the same thing for the RROD. "Oh you're past the 90 day warranty period...sorry"

But a large lawsuit caused a settlement and wow, an extended warranty period. Thanks to the idiots.

Im always amazed at how people love the big corporations more than their rights. Fanboism aka brand loyalists. Its your right to bring your issue to court. The industry likes to blame that for causing prices to go skyhigh. The same industry that kills people and sells shoddy services/products.

Nobody here can say the 360 hardware is/was a good product. We'll never know the extent of any of the failures.

Xbox360 now with extended warranty! Because they like you!
post #68 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

Its your right to bring your issue to court. The industry likes to blame that for causing prices to go skyhigh. The same industry that kills people and sells shoddy services/products.

I'm just amazed at people like this. There's no "right" to bring a frivolous law suit--if you claim there is, point it out.

And claiming that MS ("the same industry") kills people? Wow.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
post #69 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

Actually its the same thing for the RROD. "Oh you're past the 90 day warranty period...sorry"

But a large lawsuit caused a settlement and wow, an extended warranty period. Thanks to the idiots.

Im always amazed at how people love the big corporations more than their rights. Fanboism aka brand loyalists. Its your right to bring your issue to court. The industry likes to blame that for causing prices to go skyhigh. The same industry that kills people and sells shoddy services/products.

Nobody here can say the 360 hardware is/was a good product. We'll never know the extent of any of the failures.

Xbox360 now with extended warranty! Because they like you!

I'm not defending MS, I'm saying quit your whining. The suit for RRoD was completely valid, when a company releases a product that sells over 10 million units at a minimum of $300 that has a 33% failure rate (allegedly) they should be held responsible. When a company offers a service, that typically works flawlessly, and has a few hiccups for a couple weeks during the holidays when a ton of new players start using the service and the servers get overloaded which means everyone loses what equates to $2 it's not really a big deal.

Your life has gotta be pretty dull if you have nothing better to do when XBL is down than bitch that XBL is down and call anyone who applies some simple logic to the situation a fanboy.
post #70 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch View Post

I'm not defending MS, I'm saying quit your whining. The suit for RRoD was completely valid, when a company releases a product that sells over 10 million units at a minimum of $300 that has a 33% failure rate (allegedly) they should be held responsible. When a company offers a service, that typically works flawlessly, and has a few hiccups for a couple weeks during the holidays when a ton of new players start using the service and the servers get overloaded which means everyone loses what equates to $2 it's not really a big deal.

Your life has gotta be pretty dull if you have nothing better to do when XBL is down than bitch that XBL is down and call anyone who applies some simple logic to the situation a fanboy.

You're good at applying your values to everyone. Whats worthwhile and what isn't and who's life is dull and who's isn't. Oh and the purpose of this thread is to complain, read the title! haha.

"its a $2 outage, no big deal!"

Im just asking for a month free. I'd bet you'll see it soon too, only with corp spin so it sounds like MS is actually giving us something.

I wont even get into the fact that I can't use the games I bought when their service isn't working because they have the pirate phear.
post #71 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

You're good at applying your values to everyone. Whats worthwhile and what isn't and who's life is dull and who's isn't. Oh and the purpose of this thread is to complain, read the title! haha.

"its a $2 outage, no big deal!"

Im just asking for a month free. I'd bet you'll see it soon too, only with corp spin so it sounds like MS is actually giving us something.

I wont even get into the fact that I can't use the games I bought when their service isn't working because they have the pirate phear.

Yes, but you seem to have taken the complaining to a whole new level implying MS somehow owes you for wasting your time at $25 an hour. I'm not pushing my values on anyone by the way. I'm just telling you I think you're a little bit whiny. I make considerably less money than you, being a full-time college student with a job don't have a lot of free time myself, yet I'm not throwing a fit because XBL went down for two weeks.
post #72 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

$50 and 100 days of gaming/yr (yes I have a life) = 50¢ * 14 days = $7. Plus lets not forget the inconvenience of having to try and play online = wasted time. I make $25/hr and spent at least 5 hours of games beign dropped etc. = $125.

Total = $132

If your damage claims are so high, why the heck would you want this case to receive class action status? Would you want the plantiffs to litigate on your behalf especialy given that you wrote this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

You're good at applying your values to everyone. Whats worthwhile and what isn't and who's life is dull and who's isn't.

Of course, you also wrote this, which sounds reasonable, so maybe you are just blowing off some steam. If so, then do not mind me, lol. I am all for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

Im just asking for a month free.
post #73 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post


I agree with this statement my friend made:
"A game as compensation is a bad, bad idea. Everyone has vastly different tastes in games and some people will get more or less mileage out of that deal. Also you are offering a product in exchange for a paid for, but unprovided service. In my mind, the only way to make it up to subscribers is added service, x2 for holidays. So, if it's been unusable for 2 weeks, we should get a month credited, etc."

Well I'm sure you're friend is an awesome business analyst and all, but you're both dreaming. According to the TOS you agreed to when you joined XBL, they owe you exactly zip. They don't guarantee 100% uptime. They can choose to give a free game or whetever as a gesture, but you're not entitled to it. Your analogy with the RROD doesn't fly.

If you're really that outraged I suggest you join the inevitable class action suit. Let us know how it works out for ya

BTW I'm not defending MS, just common sense. But feel free to label me a fanboy if you want.
post #74 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkchurch View Post

I make considerably less money than you, being a full-time college student with a job don't have a lot of free time myself, yet I'm not throwing a fit because XBL went down for two weeks.

Good for you.

I was just using the wages as an example that time = money. I think the 2 week outage was worth more to me than 96¢. Apparently MS does too, but I want them to bump it up.

My time off of work is more valueable to me than my time working. With all the shoddy hardware and now Live breaking, it sucks for me the customer.

I love the games and live when it is working otherwise I wouldnt even be posting here.

Obviously I am in the minority in that when the service sucks you should make it up to your customers. I guess thats not how MS chooses to do things (unless they are forced). If I go thru yet another 360 and live continues to suck. I'll just quit playing games. There are other more productive things I could be doing than playing games and posting about them on the internet.

When my 360s broke people in forums told me the same thing, to shut up and quit whining. "you shoudl have bought the extended warranty" and that I was the minority and everything was fine, MS even said things were fine. "only a small percentage of users are having trouble".
post #75 of 155
COD4 is definitely still Facked up... It's not your internet connection. It seriously played FLAWLESS for me up until the update. It was sooo easy getting in and out of games. My guess is MS will make available a couple of different games that will cost the least to them to do so. I am not sure there are any "in house" live games but those are the ones I expect them to make free.
post #76 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

Good for you.

I was just using the wages as an example that time = money. I think the 2 week outage was worth more to me than 96¢. Apparently MS does too, but I want them to bump it up.

My time off of work is more valueable to me than my time working. With all the shoddy hardware and now Live breaking, it sucks for me the customer.

I love the games and live when it is working otherwise I wouldnt even be posting here.

Obviously I am in the minority in that when the service sucks you should make it up to your customers. I guess thats not how MS chooses to do things (unless they are forced). If I go thru yet another 360 and live continues to suck. I'll just quit playing games. There are other more productive things I could be doing than playing games and posting about them on the internet.

Ok, well the way I see it is XBL is pretty much the most seamless and all around best online gaming service available on consoles or on the PC. I get a lot for my money, when it works it's amazing. I'm pretty understanding of the fact that MS wasn't prepared for the servers to get bombarded like they have been with the increase in users over the holidays. XBL doesn't go down very often, when it's up people go on and on about how amazing it is and how great a service MS has provided, it goes down for two weeks and all of a sudden MS is the anti-christ screwing over all it's consumers. I love XBL but I can find other things, some gaming related and some not, to occupy my time when it's down.
post #77 of 155
no kidding.... ever heard of offline gaming? lmao.

i'm sure we'll be compensated appropriately. no need to get all up-tight.
post #78 of 155
Well after 5 years Live has obviously shown us the true color of some people that we never would have expected.

I pray I dont hear of somone commiting suicide. Wait Wiskey just opened a Xbox Live support group thread(Someone needs to start a suicide watch)
This man is seriously taking this hard
post #79 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post


I pray I dont hear of somone commiting suicide. Wait Wiskey just opened a Xbox Live support group thread(Someone needs to start a suicide watch)
This man is seriously taking this hard

It's been going on 3 weeks! This has become a test of wills. Pray for me
post #80 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

It's been going on 3 weeks! This has become a test of wills. Pray for me

I find in times like this my friends Jack, Jim, and Johnny are a big comfort
post #81 of 155
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/...ant_count.html

For everyone upset with logging in. You only have yourselfs to blame. Look at the picture from the Aussie. Just crazy


Quote:


Yes, Xbox Live is experiencing its fair share of problems at the moment. Now, it looks like Halo 3 couldn't help but get in on the action with its only slice of crazy.

During the holidays, Ali sent us this smirk-worthy picture of the game wigging out and reporting over 7 million users online. I know Halo 3 is popular, but this is probably pushing it
post #82 of 155
My God, if you're a company don't EVER have an unpredicted problem. Some netnaut yayhoo will get a posse together and waste everyone's time for their $2.

Sometimes I wish the courts would automatically investigate the personal lives of people who bring lawsuits like this, to see if all the unplanned, unforseeable, and impossible to avoid mistakes they've ever made cost the community more than the money they're out. Just, you know, to see if it all washes.
post #83 of 155
If it isn't Metal Slug 3, I don't want it.
post #84 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post

If it isn't Metal Slug 3, I don't want it.

Really? Not even Rez HD

Not that that's EVER gonna happen.
post #85 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by schticker View Post

My God, if you're a company don't EVER have an unpredicted problem.

It IS a predicted problem... Its in the fine print which I'm not going to dig up for this flood222 guy. Basically says they have the right to not have a working service at any time during the year. So there is NOTHING you can do about it. By buying, you agreed. Anyone wanting compensation is stupid, and anyone wanting compensation based on their salary is even more stupid, and I can't believe anyone thinking that way could even make $25 an hour. If you want money then go work don't whine about it. If you don't want XBL then don't pay for it! (seeing as how its up 99% of the time)
post #86 of 155
800 MS Points would have been better but I think this is more than adequate compensation for a couple days of down time considering that I pay a staggering total of just less than $0.17 a day for XBL.
post #87 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMotoX View Post

It IS a predicted problem... Its in the fine print which I'm not going to dig up for this flood222 guy. Basically says they have the right to not have a working service at any time during the year. So there is NOTHING you can do about it. By buying, you agreed. Anyone wanting compensation is stupid, and anyone wanting compensation based on their salary is even more stupid, and I can't believe anyone thinking that way could even make $25 an hour. If you want money then go work don't whine about it. If you don't want XBL then don't pay for it! (seeing as how its up 99% of the time)

actually 4 weeks down out of a year is not 99%. Its 91.6666%

I see what you are saying about the fact MS had everyone agree to its terms of service. There is NOTHING I can do about it. Call Max, he doesn't even seem to care.

Also never argue about MS's lack of quality customer support on an xbox forum.
post #88 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

actually 4 weeks down out of a year is not 99%. Its 91.6666%

Actually, it's 92.3, but who's counting? And who's saying it is 4 weeks?
post #89 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post

Actually, it's 92.3, but who's counting? And who's saying it is 4 weeks?

haha...cool.

I'm saying its 4 weeks.
post #90 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by flood222 View Post

haha...cool.

I'm saying its 4 weeks.

Would you like to say it's a giant space bunny, too?

The reason why people can't take you seriously is because you exaggerate. Try being honest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › XBL was FUBAR and all I got was this lousy arcade game...