or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › HP Pavilion Slimline s3330f, is it a good prebuilt htpc?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HP Pavilion Slimline s3330f, is it a good prebuilt htpc? - Page 12

post #331 of 336
i can't remember exactly how to get it out it's been awhile since i upgraded my memory, i had to go to the documentation on hp site but i think it slides to the front. go their sit it tells u how to get it out.
post #332 of 336
thanks, yeah I almost all optical drive slide out the front, I will get on HP's webiste, thanks again.
post #333 of 336
I am interested in buying the s3330f from a guy on craigslist but he says it doesn't have a Blu-Ray/HD DVD player. I thought all s3330f's had that drive? Is that right? Also if it doesn't have Blu-Ray and is 6 mo old but in "perfect condition", is $300 a good deal for it?
post #334 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandski View Post

I am interested in buying the s3330f from a guy on craigslist but he says it doesn't have a Blu-Ray/HD DVD player. I thought all s3330f's had that drive? Is that right? Also if it doesn't have Blu-Ray and is 6 mo old but in "perfect condition", is $300 a good deal for it?

Blu-Ray was an option, not an automatic thing. Depending upon the CPU, you'll likely need an upgraded video card (low-profile nvidia 8400gs/9300/9400/9500 will suffice), as the onboard vga won't cut it for blu-ray. Ask whether it uses built-in video from the motherboard or a plug-in video card. If you can get a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes, I'd call that a decent deal. My local Frys had a s3600 for $300 + tax before xmas. I got two Intel E2200 based ones with 2gb RAM and 500GB for $300 shipped, but those were refurbished with only a 90-day warranty.
post #335 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondisdead View Post

Blu-Ray was an option, not an automatic thing. Depending upon the CPU, you'll likely need an upgraded video card (low-profile nvidia 8400gs/9300/9400/9500 will suffice), as the onboard vga won't cut it for blu-ray. Ask whether it uses built-in video from the motherboard or a plug-in video card. If you can get a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes, I'd call that a decent deal. My local Frys had a s3600 for $300 + tax before xmas. I got two Intel E2200 based ones with 2gb RAM and 500GB for $300 shipped, but those were refurbished with only a 90-day warranty.

Thanks for the reply. I hope I don't have to upgrade the video card, I will have to ask him tomorrow what it has. These are the specs I do know: AMD 64 X2 2.8ghz, 2gb RAM, 500gb HD, TV Tuner, and he has obviously reformatted the HD and reinstalled Vista Premium. How long are HP warranties normally?
post #336 of 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandski View Post

Thanks for the reply. I hope I don't have to upgrade the video card, I will have to ask him tomorrow what it has. These are the specs I do know: AMD 64 X2 2.8ghz, 2gb RAM, 500gb HD, TV Tuner, and he has obviously reformatted the HD and reinstalled Vista Premium. How long are HP warranties normally?

One year. The TV tuner will take up the PCI slot, leaving you with one PCI-Express slot. That's the one you'd use to plop in a video card. You can get a low-profile card for about $30.

ALternately, if you wanted something new, I saw a s3700f at office depot for $350 + tax after rebate. Similarly equipped, but no tv tuner and only 320gb.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/t...archTxt=825845
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › HP Pavilion Slimline s3330f, is it a good prebuilt htpc?