or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread - Page 113

post #3361 of 4010
Poor BB, I really for sorry for them not being able to operate with all their resources. It's a shame because when they were good in full swing, I like them better than NF. I ca reach them by email which always got a prompt and courteous reply or call them for more pressing issues. And of course the best thing being able to do in-store exchange at a whim up to midnight daily. when the online had short or long wait which NF can never do.

Their CS online and 800# were always polite and empathetic and often would offer me a FREE rental coupon via email. But I rarely used them as I feel like a sleaze ball if I brought in the coupon to the store when others have to pay full price thus deserve to be able to rent a new release when they want to. Now they're working with almost nothing and being bombarded by frustrated customers. I just wish something be done to bring them back to their heyday or cease operations because it's torture for them and customer.

I'm telling you guys,..this truly is one of the last brick n mortar and when it's gone we're all going to cry me a big freakin river when we can't go and rent movies and have to deal with a stupid kiosk.. Even though they're a big chain, they offer mom n pops customer service in your local community. If gov should bail out something, this should be one of them IMHO.
Edited by zoey67 - 6/27/12 at 9:09am
post #3362 of 4010
why did charlie buy bb if he intended to run it into the ground. partnering bb with dish had a lot of symbionic potential, but if they can't even mail you the disks in your queue.............

what can i say.
post #3363 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Poor BB, I really for sorry for them not being able to operate with all their resources. It's a shame because when they were good in full swing, I like them better than NF. I ca reach them by email which always got a prompt and courteous reply or call them for more pressing issues. And of course the best thing being able to do in-store exchange at a whim up to midnight daily. when the online had short or long wait which NF can never do.
Their CS online and 800# were always polite and empathetic and often would offer me a FREE rental coupon via email. But I rarely used them as I feel like a sleaze ball if I brought in the coupon to the store when others have to pay full price thus deserve to be able to rent a new release when they want to. Now they're working with almost nothing and being bombarded by frustrated customers. I just wish something be done to bring them back to their heyday or cease operations because it's torture for them and customer.
I'm telling you guys,..this truly is one of the last brick n mortar and when it's gone we're all going to cry me a big freakin river when we can't go and rent movies and have to deal with a stupid kiosk.. Even though they're a big chain, they offer mom n pops customer service in your local community. If gov should bail out something, this should be one of them IMHO.


I'm still sad that my local BB store closed a mile away from me. I immediately switched to Netflix the day they closed.
post #3364 of 4010
Life gives you lemon, make lemonade.
post #3365 of 4010
Big issue going on right now with the company moving their headquarters from Texas to Colorado. Why a company this small would do such a thing when they probably won't be around much longer is beyond me, but I guess it makes sense since Dish Networks headquarters are located there. I hope the move is worth it because its kind of a pain. I was on vacation for 10 days and didn't realize there was an issue until Tuesday. I had to call to manually have titles removed from my at home section in my queue since I had already returned them. Took 20 minutes to get through to someone on the phone too. It seems like we are all bit upset and confused over this situation. I also think its terrible that we never received any sort of notice by e-mail about these changes. If a big change like this is going to effect the customers then it would be the right thing to do to let people know that their may be some interruptions to our service and give us steps on what we can do to resolve them. Looks like they were completely unprepared for this whole thing. A courtesy e-mail should have been sent. I don't understand why they would want to upset more customers. They really are not in a position to be doing so with more stores closing down and less people doing the online service.
post #3366 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Big issue going on right now with the company moving their headquarters from Texas to Colorado. Why a company this small would do such a thing when they probably won't be around much longer is beyond me, but I guess it makes sense since Dish Networks headquarters are located there. I hope the move is worth it because its kind of a pain. I was on vacation for 10 days and didn't realize there was an issue until Tuesday. I had to call to manually have titles removed from my at home section in my queue since I had already returned them. Took 20 minutes to get through to someone on the phone too. It seems like we are all bit upset and confused over this situation. I also think its terrible that we never received any sort of notice by e-mail about these changes. If a big change like this is going to effect the customers then it would be the right thing to do to let people know that their may be some interruptions to our service and give us steps on what we can do to resolve them. Looks like they were completely unprepared for this whole thing. A courtesy e-mail should have been sent. I don't understand why they would want to upset more customers. They really are not in a position to be doing so with more stores closing down and less people doing the online service.

How did you get thru to customer service?

I've called them about 12 times over the last 4 days at different times during the day. I haven't been able to get thru once.

It play music for about 10 minutes & then says we're experiencing higher than average call times & then says call back later & hangs up.

I've also sent 3 emails & no replies.

I'm just trying to get movies I returned last Saturday to a Blockbuster store removed from my at home queue so I can receive new movies.

There's no way to get in touch with them (phone or email) to do this.

My renewal is not up for another 2 weeks. I want to end immediately & be reimbursed for all this time I can't receive movies.

The Blockbuster store says their computer can't even communicate with the Blockbuster computer so returned movies can be removed from your queue.

I've never had a company do this. What were they thinking & what will they do to reimburse customers since they can't use their service?
post #3367 of 4010
Man, I thought it was just something going on in the NYC area.
I had a disc that came completely cracked....and....nothing. NO replacement was sent out. Nothing.
I had to email and complain. It's taking over a week from the time I send the disc back to them to get my next one.
This sucks balls.
post #3368 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post

How did you get thru to customer service?
I've called them about 12 times over the last 4 days at different times during the day. I haven't been able to get thru once.
It play music for about 10 minutes & then says we're experiencing higher than average call times & then says call back later & hangs up.
I've also sent 3 emails & no replies.
I'm just trying to get movies I returned last Saturday to a Blockbuster store removed from my at home queue so I can receive new movies.
There's no way to get in touch with them (phone or email) to do this.
My renewal is not up for another 2 weeks. I want to end immediately & be reimbursed for all this time I can't receive movies.
The Blockbuster store says their computer can't even communicate with the Blockbuster computer so returned movies can be removed from your queue.
I've never had a company do this. What were they thinking & what will they do to reimburse customers since they can't use their service?
Maybe I just got lucky. I was on the line for 20 minutes waiting. It was sort of a pain, but they did move my returned movies out from the movies I have at home. I too have sent e-mails and there have been no replies. They are not handling this well at all and will probably end up losing even more people. What is even more surprising is how long its taking for this to be resolved. After all said and done its going to be at least 3+ weeks that this has been going on with no explanation. Its sort of bad that you find out whats going on by asking only. God forbid if a courtesy e-mail was sent out.
post #3369 of 4010
Ended up getting a reply to my initial email last night. The rep gave me a coupon for a free in-store rental. Looks like some csr's are back online now.
post #3370 of 4010
So this morning I see they sent me TRUE BLOOD Season 1, discs 1, 2 and 4. Huh? NONE WERE IN MY QUEUE! They never were. I actually rented those in the local store last month.

Was on hold for a half hour and had to hang up. Am on hold again.

This is ridiculous.
post #3371 of 4010
Both 21 Jump street and Wanderlust have been removed from my queue. WTF Blockbuster?


"These titles are not available because they're still in theaters, on moratorium, or we currently have no copies. We will automatically move them into your Queue two weeks before the release date, when applicable."
post #3372 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Both 21 Jump street and Wanderlust have been removed from my queue. WTF Blockbuster?
"These titles are not available because they're still in theaters, on moratorium, or we currently have no copies. We will automatically move them into your Queue two weeks before the release date, when applicable."
You're not missing much with Wanderlust; this has been available in-store for over a week now.
post #3373 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Both 21 Jump street and Wanderlust have been removed from my queue. WTF Blockbuster?
"These titles are not available because they're still in theaters, on moratorium, or we currently have no copies. We will automatically move them into your Queue two weeks before the release date, when applicable."

That sucks, I blind bought Wanderlust and its hilarious, 21 Jump Street was pretty good as well.
post #3374 of 4010
Got a movie on thursday which I never received shipping notice for and was not in my queue but suddenly appeared in my queue. Today, got another copy of the same movie in the mail. Also, my queue now shows 2 in store rentals that was rented out this past tuesday and returned already the same day. The funny part is it never appeared in my queue while I actually had it. Time to make another phone call. I hope they don't plan on moving too often. This is messed up:D
post #3375 of 4010
Seems like Dish has given up and the only thing they care about is getting people signed up for Dish. If you go into the stores the Blockbuster employees are now trying to sell Dish. Seems like it may be a make or break thing for the remaining stores to stay open. Must be an experiment. If they can sell a lot of subscriptions and become profitable that way then they may be in a good shape, but with hardly no new releases in stock at the store or online its going to be hard for them to make any money off rentals or previously viewed movies.
Edited by DJ Matt - 7/1/12 at 6:12pm
post #3376 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post

Ended up getting a reply to my initial email last night. The rep gave me a coupon for a free in-store rental. Looks like some csr's are back online now.


Finally got an email reply also.

Just apologizing but no coupon.

It just told about their move & apologized for the inconvenience.

Can't believe they didn't give any coupons or anything for the 2 weeks I only got 1 disc & the other spaces in my queue were held up because of rentals I returned over a week ago.
post #3377 of 4010
My account is non-stop problems and now I am not even allowed to report them. I just get a message saying I have to call them. But they are unable to answer there phones for days now.
post #3378 of 4010
They definitely are not doing anything for us really. Half off the next pay cycle is what they should do. We should not have to ask.
post #3379 of 4010
I used to get e-mails from them, "we received _____" or "we're shipping ______" I haven't received one of those in almost two weeks. At least they are turning stuff around reasonably fast, but...even though stuff is available at the top of my queue, they're sending stuff further down.

I sure hope these issues are temporary and they can stay around.
post #3380 of 4010
While checking my queue I received this survey. Blockbuster will now feel my frustration with them.


Blockbuster-1.jpg
post #3381 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

My account is non-stop problems and now I am not even allowed to report them. I just get a message saying I have to call them. But they are unable to answer there phones for days now.
Yeah, same here and its frustrating and downright wrong for this to be still happening as if they must think that this is perfectly fine. I don't see how they expect customers to stay when this has been going on for a few weeks now. There still has been no official explanation given by e-mail. I would have been happy with a courtesy e-mail that explained why this is happening and what to do to guide us in the right direction. I was sent A Thousand Words and I returned that to the store which is 20 minutes away to exchange for Wrath of the Titans. I returned Wrath of the Titans and still listed at home is A Thousand Words. I e-mailed them again about this and am now waiting for a reply. I could not report the movie as returned either due to the same reason you mentioned. This is getting pretty bad now. Almost to the point where there could and should be a class action lawsuit.
post #3382 of 4010
Unbelievable. Yesterday my queue was showing a disc that I rented in store two weeks ago as being at home. Today, one from last week. It has been almost two weeks since they mailed me a disc. I sent an email a week and a half ago and they were supposed to respond in 24 hours, but it took 4 days. They promised to fix everything and even promised a free in store rental coupon would be emailed to me (it wasn't), but things seem the same. Today I emailed them again, this time I told them to refund a month's service fees, but I doubt that will happen. I'm gone after American Reunion next week. Of course that requires them to at least send me one disc this week so I can make the exchange. What are the odds on that?
post #3383 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13654 View Post

Unbelievable. Yesterday my queue was showing a disc that I rented in store two weeks ago as being at home. Today, one from last week. It has been almost two weeks since they mailed me a disc. I sent an email a week and a half ago and they were supposed to respond in 24 hours, but it took 4 days. They promised to fix everything and even promised a free in store rental coupon would be emailed to me (it wasn't), but things seem the same. Today I emailed them again, this time I told them to refund a month's service fees, but I doubt that will happen. I'm gone after American Reunion next week. Of course that requires them to at least send me one disc this week so I can make the exchange. What are the odds on that?

Same thing happened to me also. I sent them an email to remove the movies in my queue that I no longer have. Got it removed the same day, which was a surprise. Also, just went to do an in store exchange today. When I went to check out, the employee asked if my on line dues were up to date because the system shows I have no exchange benefits. She did an override because i'm a regular there...
post #3384 of 4010
They just sent me MORE copies of True Blood Season 01, which was never in my queue! They keep sending me those titles over and over again.
post #3385 of 4010
Things are really screwed up now. I e-mailed them 3 days ago and still no response. It is listing 4 movies out for me. 2 of these movies I returned a couple weeks ago. We Need To Talk About Kevin I rented back in mid June and returned it on the 26th. Wrath of the Titans is now listed, but I returned this a few days ago and then the one thing they actually have right is still wrong. I have Big Miracle at home, but its showing up twice! I don't think things can get anymore screwed up than what they are now. Service has pretty much came to a screeching halt and money is being wasted away. It sounds like everyone is having the same issues, similar issues, or other issues which don't make any sense at all such as getting sent discs that are not even in our queues. The worst part is that they have not even officially let us know what is happening and why this is happening. Its not an isolated issue where just a certain region is effected or a few customers. This seems to be a nationwide issue and I think its terrible that a company can botch their customers like this.
post #3386 of 4010
I agree that they did not give prior notice about this "move" and disruption. Calling customer service to remove items in my queue that were already returned also put the "reported as returned" label under those titles in my history. I did get the service rep to give me 1 free month by letting her know that this has been an ongoing issue for the past 3-4 weeks and they admit it is due to the move to Denver. I said that if it happened for a day or two i could understand, but they charge a monthly fee...

The free month is great, but I'd rather just have uninterrupted service. If it wasn't for the BB store 5 minutes away, it wouldn't even be a competition with NF.
post #3387 of 4010
I am going to see about getting some sort of credit as well. Like you said, this is a monthly charge and this has been occurring for almost a month. I have been persistent in trying to get things cleared up, but each time has taken a day or two and now this latest issue I have been waiting for 3 days. Calling customer service is a waste of time. I can't be calling every week and waiting for a half hour. Since we use message boards and can share information it is easy for us to know what is going on. Most of their customers are in the dark on this and more upset than we are. Maybe they did not want to send out an e-mail saying that service was going to be interrupted because they may have thought they would lose customers, but they may end up losing more by not letting their customers know what is happening. Also, going back to what I said a couple of days ago where I mentioned the move to Colorado. How long does it exactly take to move the servers? You this this would be a few days max. I wonder if they ran into some issues along the way.
post #3388 of 4010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Calling customer service is a waste of time. I can't be calling every week and waiting for a half hour. Since we use message boards and can share information it is easy for us to know what is going on. Most of their customers are in the dark on this and more upset than we are.

Yeah, they really handled this poorly. About 3 weeks ago, I sent them customer service some e-mails and they replied with the standard "it takes 1-2 days to ship, etc..." Then I contacted them by phone, and the service rep explained the "move" and cleared the titles in the my queue. I decided to wait out the interruption.

So finally, this Monday afternoon, I called them again and waited for about 40 minutes. Explained the situation and how the other rep mentioned the problem in moving from Texas to Colarado. The rep confirmed and apologized, and I stated that a one or two day disruption of service is one thing, but this is happening for 3-4 weeks and they charge a monthly fee, and on top of that, they didn't give prior notice. The rep apologized again, and offered to clear the titles from my queue. I said thank you, but I also repeated the issue and how service has been disrupted about a month and just stayed quiet.

The rep eventually offered the credit, but I guess you could at some point ask for it yourself. Hope that helps.
post #3389 of 4010
Just got an e-mail from BB acknowledging service problems while casually omitting the actual reason. And then they offered a free $1.99 rental at the nearest store! Unbelievable. Not only is the service not working for weeks, they finally send an e-mail, won't mention the reason for the problem or a timetable for it to be fixed. And then they offer a free rental without regard to if you are near a store, and on top of all that it's a $1.99 rental coupon and not a $2.99 coupon!
Quote:
Dear Blockbuster Customer,

You may have experienced recent delays with your by-mail shipments. Please know that we are working as quickly as possible to correct the issue.

We are deeply sorry for the interruption in your service. To apologize for the inconvenience, we're giving you a free $1.99 rental from a Blockbuster store.

Just print this email and present it along with your ID to receive your free rental.

If you have further issues, please email bbsurvey@blockbuster.cust-serv.com with your name, mailing address and concern.

Thank you for your continued business,

Your friends at Blockbuster
post #3390 of 4010
I like how they say they are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue when this has been going on for over 3 weeks now. A $1.99 free rental does nothing. Since we pay for a subscription and can get multiple discs out at a time we have already seen those movies before considering they have been out for a couple of months. Its almost an insult.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread