or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Philips 120Hz 2ms 7403/7603 Series Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Philips 120Hz 2ms 7403/7603 Series Discussion - Page 3

post #61 of 4962
I'll be getting my TV on Thursday, will post picture as soon as I get it!! Can't wait to see it in action!
post #62 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg_23 View Post

If you look under the techincal specifications its the very first thing mentioned under picture enhancement. I emailed philips I will let you know what I hear.

I see what you mean, I hope it's a typo since it is only mentioned there, everywhere else they are touting Perfect Pixel HD.
post #63 of 4962
So when is the actual date of release?
post #64 of 4962
I don't think I came across an actual date.
post #65 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlinspcs View Post

So when is the actual date of release?

I am curious to know this as well.
post #66 of 4962
These models are 2-channel Ambilight, correct?

Does Philips not produce any current models with Ambilight3 or Ambilight Surround for the US? I can't find any for the life of me.
post #67 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettro View Post

These models are 2-channel Ambilight, correct?

Does Philips not produce any current models with Ambilight3 or Ambilight Surround for the US? I can't find any for the life of me.

The 7403 model is sans "ambilight" the 7603 has "ambilight". Not sure about 2-channel however. Is ambilight useful? I've never seen it first hand and I have my doubts about the claims. Wouldn't it be distracting?
post #68 of 4962
Yes its 2 channel ambilight and it uses lcds instead of florescent bulbs used in the past.
post #69 of 4962
Quote:


The 7403 model is sans "ambilight" the 7603 has "ambilight". Not sure about 2-channel however. Is ambilight useful? I've never seen it first hand and I have my doubts about the claims. Wouldn't it be distracting?

It really comes down to preference. Some people swear by it and some people see it as a distracting gimmick. Personally I like it a lot.
post #70 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettro View Post

It really comes down to preference. Some people swear by it and some people see it as a distracting gimmick. Personally I like it a lot.

Is it less fatiguing? What is it that you like about it? I've read threads about bias lighting to combat eye strain and viewer fatigue, I suppose "ambilight" is akin to bias lighting. Philips claims that the panel seems to float in the air with Ambilight.
post #71 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by imws View Post

Is it less fatiguing? What is it that you like about it? I've read threads about bias lighting to combat eye strain and viewer fatigue, I suppose "ambilight" is akin to bias lighting. Philips claims that the panel seems to float in the air with Ambilight.

I like the Ambilight on my TV. The only thing is I actually turn it off when I am watching a 2.35:1 formatted movie. With the Ambilight on I can see the complete outline of the TV and the letterboxing bars become more apparent. It really makes you see how much of the TV is being wasted. With Ambilight off it is a lot more immersive.
post #72 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafrenz View Post

I would stick with the Samsung. The Philips may have some good specs and smooth motion, but if it is like any other Philips it will probably break in a month and have poor picture quality. Just my observation on Philips TV's.

funny you should mention this. I have a cousin who works for a Japanese liabilty insurance company (they insure/re-insure alot of extended warranty policies on tv's and other equipment) and he specifically mentiond Phillips being korean sheyat and that LG is doing more with it's own line and putting their own (LG) name on it rather than the phillips crap..says the cost of issuing policies on the phillips is costly because of it's poor quality and that LG is getting over on people by selling they're crap through phillips.

I don't know this to be true or not, nor can i provide proof. Just merely passing on what someone who insures policies,(he's responsible for the entire Eastern region of the U.S.A) specifically mentioned, and used phillips as THE example. I don't know about you guys, maybe phillips makes a decent tv, i've never had one, but i trust my cousin and based upon what he said..I'll PASS.
post #73 of 4962
Well I got a reply from phillips about the mentioning of the tv using Pixel Plus 3 HD in both the specs, the release matrix, and the product leaflet and I got a response back acknowledging the mix-up but never actually said which was correct.

Their response was as follows:
Thank you for your email to Philips Consumer Lifestyle. We understand your concern regarding the different image enhancers provided on the product description and product specification of the LCD HDTV. We apologize for the inconvenience. This concern will be forwarded to our Management department. This will be taken in consideration for us to improve our service.
post #74 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg_23 View Post

Thank you for your email to Philips Consumer Lifestyle. We understand your concern regarding the different image enhancers provided on the product description and product specification of the LCD HDTV. We apologize for the inconvenience. This concern will be forwarded to our Management department. This will be taken in consideration for us to improve our service.

LOL, this is how that email was formulated:

Thank you for your email to Philips Consumer Lifestyle. We understand your concern regarding [DESCRIBE ISSUE HERE]. We apologize for the inconvenience. This concern will be forwarded to our Management department. This will be taken in consideration for us to improve our service.

Seriously though, thanks for trying to contact them about this. I'm curious to see how these televisions turn out for myself as I may still end up getting one.

~os
post #75 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by edogg_23 View Post

Well I got a reply from phillips about the mentioning of the tv using Pixel Plus 3 HD in both the specs, the release matrix, and the product leaflet and I got a response back acknowledging the mix-up but never actually said which was correct.

The PDF leaflet lists "Pixel Perfect HD". I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure it is the newer chip.
post #76 of 4962
Thread Starter 
Does anyone else have any quality concerns with the Philips line? After reading a couple of the stories here, and coupling that with their rating in Consumer Reports, it's got me wondering.

I'd appreciate anyone else's insights onto Philips's overall quality.
post #77 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

I'll be getting my TV on Thursday, will post picture as soon as I get it!! Can't wait to see it in action!

Hey SM7383 let us know when you get your tv! I can't wait to hear your impressions of it!
post #78 of 4962
Here are some picture of the box.. No time to play with it tonight... will set it up on the weekend
LL
LL
post #79 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

Here are some picture of the box.. No time to play with it tonight... will set it up on the weekend

Looking foward to this one. This could be the gamers LCD.
post #80 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

Here are some picture of the box.. No time to play with it tonight... will set it up on the weekend

Go ahead and set it up, let's see what that thing can do.
post #81 of 4962
I was waiting for a good deal on the 9732 but i think this one might change my mind...
post #82 of 4962
wow nice! I bet you have to be one of the first people in the country to get one of those! Can't wait to hear your impressions.
post #83 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneota View Post

Does anyone else have any quality concerns with the Philips line? After reading a couple of the stories here, and coupling that with their rating in Consumer Reports, it's got me wondering.

I'd appreciate anyone else's insights onto Philips's overall quality.

I honestly haven't heard any complaints about Philips TV's as far as quality, aside from the power supply buzzing issue. However that seems to be alleviated, and it was something that was immediately noticeable, so it was fast to be detected/removed. Can you link to me some of the bad ratings you've seen for quality? I got my Philips following a broken Vizio and a terrible Sceptre TV, and so far the quality difference to me has been night and day.
post #84 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

Here are some picture of the box.. No time to play with it tonight... will set it up on the weekend

what are you waiting for!!

The tv is in the box begging to be free!
post #85 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lice View Post

what are you waiting for!!

The tv is in the box begging to be free!

Seriously, he must have some strong will power. No matter how tired I was or what I had going on I'd be busting it out for a least a quick view. To see if it was damaged at a min.
post #86 of 4962
The will power come from a 52PFL7422 I got last year. The urge of setting this up @ 10:30pm is gone when I still need to get a HDDVR from Directv. Will post reply asap
post #87 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

The will power come from a 52PFL7422 I got last year. The urge of setting this up @ 10:30pm is gone when I still need to get a HDDVR from Directv. Will post reply asap

I am curious about the blacks on this TV. I hope they improved alot from the current model.
post #88 of 4962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM7383 View Post

Here are some picture of the box.. No time to play with it tonight... will set it up on the weekend

the anticipation is almost too much for me to handle. if you have a ps3 it would be great to know how games perform. the tv's ability to handle blacks and grays is also another thing i'm sure we're all interested in. lastly it'd be great to rule out all of the issues that the samsung tv's have had such as triple image effects, studder, and processing artifacts. thanks in advance.
post #89 of 4962
It's a really long thread but it's got a ton of info on the previous philips model.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=philips

I am planning on getting one of these new sets, my only concern being that the red push issue has been addressed from the . This is the issue where there is bleed on red text when the TV is hooked up to a PC and being used as a monitor. If someone could hook up their PC to this panel and report on it I'd be most grateful.
post #90 of 4962
Whoops, the second sentence should read

"my only concern being that the red push issue has been addressed from the previous model"

I drink decaf, sorry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Philips 120Hz 2ms 7403/7603 Series Discussion