or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre - Page 101

post #3001 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

The "ArcSoft Video Decoder" decodes H264/MPEG2/VC-1 but it needs to have the software activation in the registry from when you install TMT. You should be able to install TMT and then delete the "Program Files\\ArcSoft" folder if you don't want it installed. Just don't delete anything in "Program Files\\Common\\ArcSoft\\"

Thanks Vladd. I wondered if the Arcsoft Video Decoder handled H264 but after I registered it and tried to play a file VMC/Graphedit reported no valid codec to be available. I've now uninstalled/re-installed TMT and will have another go.

Which .ax file corresponds to the Arcsoft Video Decoder by the way? (it'll save my registering them all).
post #3002 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

Recently bought the TMT online and played a BR disc via CPU connected analogue to Onkyo TX-SR875 to amplifer to 7.1 speakers. If the audio in TMT is selected for 7.1 or 5.1 channel, there is no sound. However, if it is selected for 2 channel, only stereo is heard.

Using PowerDVD 7.3, does not have such problem with 7.1 analogue output.

Any advise, to overcome the hiccup in TMT? Thanks.

You have to have the audio mixer enabled to have TMT convert HD audio to DTS, other wise you only get 2 channels of the HD audio, because that is all that S/PDIF will take
post #3003 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

You have to have the audio mixer enabled to have TMT convert HD audio to DTS, other wise you only get 2 channels of the HD audio, because that is all that S/PDIF will take

I think Gideon was refering to analogue output.
post #3004 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

Is anyone successfully using the new 8.12 drivers for ATI 4xxx cards on XP with TMT?

I just tried to "update" (in quotes because the drivers that came with my card are 8.9) and TMT won't display video with them.

How did you install the new Catalyst drivers? Did you simply use the "Update" function, or did you uninstall the old drivers, reboot, then install the new ones?

You should use the latter method, never use "Update".
post #3005 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingleberry View Post

Thanks Vladd. I wondered if the Arcsoft Video Decoder handled H264 but after I registered it and tried to play a file VMC/Graphedit reported no valid codec to be available. I've now uninstalled/re-installed TMT and will have another go.

Which .ax file corresponds to the Arcsoft Video Decoder by the way? (it'll save my registering them all).

ASVid.ax but ArcSoft codecs use additional dlls to enable features of the decoders. For example, you need to have ASH264Vid.dll and ASMPEG4Vid.dll to enable H264 decoding, ASVC1Vid.dll to enable VC-1 decoding, etc. There are also some common dlls needed like AdavVideoDec.dll. I couldn't tell you all of them though since I haven't bothered to sit down and figure them out individually. That's why I recommend leaving everything in the Common Folder intact.

But you also have to have the software key to enable certain decoding capabilities or they will only work for 30 days. This is why I suggest Installing the software and then simply deleting the program files\\ArcSoft folder. That will leave the decoders and the software registration on your machine.
post #3006 of 4430
The official link for the trial version of this program is not working from Arcsoft's website...very annoying!

Should I just go ahead and buy the dang software (I'm reluctant to) or does someone know a mirror for the latest trial version?
thanks
post #3007 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchglen View Post

The official link for the trial version of this program is not working from Arcsoft's website...very annoying!

Should I just go ahead and buy the dang software (I'm reluctant to) or does someone know a mirror for the latest trial version?
thanks

I have downloaded trial version today/installed it and uninstalled it wright away because it doesn't recognize my second display ( can't move the GUI like PowerDVD Ultra ) into second display (Sony Bravia).
post #3008 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

http://rapidshare.com/files/15529889...intro.exe.html

Very old version dated 03/30/2008
Download is very slow if you are not a rapidshare member

Link still works. Then grab the latest update off the tmt forum.
post #3009 of 4430
Quote:


I have downloaded trial version today/installed it and uninstalled it wright away because it doesn't recognize my second display ( can't move the GUI like PowerDVD Ultra ) into second display (Sony Bravia).

That's funny, because I do that all the time -
post #3010 of 4430
me too
post #3011 of 4430
When I use SPDIF output (DD/DTS 5.1), the BD menu sounds (i.e. when I move to a different menu selection, many/most/all menus will "click") don't seem to work.

If I switch to analog output or I select 2CH speaker config with SPDIF output, the menu sounds work.

Any one else run into this issue?
post #3012 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720p View Post

I think Gideon was refering to analogue output.

Strangely, after a few days, the multichannel works. Now playing with 7.1 analogue out and observed that the sound is 24 bits as compared to 12 bits for PowerDVD HD.

Anybody hear the sound quality difference between 12 bit and 24 bit?
post #3013 of 4430
Has anyone able to play X-files 2 (Blu-ray) on TMT successfully?

I just get an error sayng it cannot play the disc or something
post #3014 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

Has anyone able to play X-files 2 (Blu-ray) on TMT successfully?

I just get an error sayng it cannot play the disc or something


It worked for me...
post #3015 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

Has anyone able to play X-files 2 (Blu-ray) on TMT successfully?

I just get an error sayng it cannot play the disc or something

Another FOX BD+ that hasn't been cracked yet. I got the same message. Had to update anydvd and I think even the new version throws an error when detecting the disc then disables itself to allow proper playback.
post #3016 of 4430
I wonder why we even have to use AnyDVD HD to merely play these discs.....I'm not ripping it.....just playing it. So I assume that with AnyDVD disabled it should at least play, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Another FOX BD+ that hasn't been cracked yet. I got the same message. Had to update anydvd and I think even the new version throws an error when detecting the disc then disables itself to allow proper playback.
post #3017 of 4430
Quick questions:

1. how do you install the TMT MCE integration plugins manually? I used the same trial software to install in two HTPCs. In one it installed the MCE plugins. The other PC does not have the plugins.

2. Is there a way to stop the MCE plugin TMT to stop looking for updates. It is annoying.
post #3018 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

I wonder why we even have to use AnyDVD HD to merely play these discs.....I'm not ripping it.....just playing it.

Ya, me either, only playing back directly from disc. Many moons ago I laughed at the need for anydvd to simply play dvds, then one day I couldn't get a disc to play and got anydvd which fixed that. With bluray it's even worse. I've had at least 3 blurays that would not play without updating anydvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

So I assume that with AnyDVD disabled it should at least play, right?

It may have been TMT that I had to update for this particular title, I don't remember. What version are you running? Now that I think about it, I think I had to update TMT to v126
post #3019 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

How did you install the new Catalyst drivers? Did you simply use the "Update" function, or did you uninstall the old drivers, reboot, then install the new ones?

You should use the latter method, never use "Update".

I did the latter - completely uninstalled the ATI stuff and then installed the new stuff. Tried both the version from AMD/ATI and from VisionTek (the brand of my card). The first time I got audio and no video. The second time completely bricked my HTPC - windows could not start. Thank goodness for WHS backups which I just got going about a week ago. Restored to a backup before I messed with the new drivers and I'm back to functioning on 8.9.
post #3020 of 4430
Ripped it to video file. Use TMT v.126 with AnyDVD HD enabled. Played fine during introductory period up to the Root Menu and when the Play button is hit, the computer just hang. Using XP.

Any advise is apprecited to overcome it.
post #3021 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Link still works. Then grab the latest update off the tmt forum.

thanks very much
post #3022 of 4430
I have v120.
I am afraid to upgrade......most of the times apps like PDVD take away functionality or stability after an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post


It may have been TMT that I had to update for this particular title, I don't remember. What version are you running? Now that I think about it, I think I had to update TMT to v126
post #3023 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

I have v120.
I am afraid to upgrade......most of the times apps like PDVD take away functionality or stability after an upgrade.

Unfortunately, if you want to watch X Files and other new BD+ titles, you will have to keep upgrading...
post #3024 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Unfortunately, if you want to watch X Files and other new BD+ titles, you will have to keep upgrading...

Actually that's a good reason why NOT to upgrade

On a more serious note I like version 125, version 126 broke many things for me so had to go back.
post #3025 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude View Post

I have v120.
I am afraid to upgrade......most of the times apps like PDVD take away functionality or stability after an upgrade.

TMT is been very good about its updates. It is not an upgrade, which is the time they decide to do all types of changes.

Arcsoft has been very responsive in their forums, and actually has an employee reading and posting in them.
post #3026 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720p View Post

actually that's a good reason why not to upgrade:d

on a more serious note i like version 125, version 126 broke many things for me so had to go back.

+1
post #3027 of 4430
Agree with the comment that it is a pity that one may have to run AnyDVD to play a genuine disc that is physically present in our players.
post #3028 of 4430
Quote:


version 126 broke many things for me so had to go back.

Funny, 126 broke nothing for me and enables playback of a couple of titles that wouldn't play using 125.

Vern
post #3029 of 4430
^ +1 .126 is fine here
post #3030 of 4430
I've never had anything but .126. What are these things that broke for some people...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre