or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre - Page 30

post #871 of 4430
Okay, I encountered my first problem today with TMT: it won't play "The Bourne Ultimatum" on HD DVD. Sometimes it gets to the first screen where it says "Loading..." - I suspect this is a load of some interactive part on the disc - and then stops, sometimes it just briefly shows a black screen. In both cases TMT returns to its spash screen (the blue one with the film reel).

Same thing both in Media Center mode and when running it by itself.

Anyone know what's special about this particular disc?

The strange thing is that I have played this disc once with TMT. Only 2 things have happened with my system since then - I've installed the latest version of the nVidia graphics drivers, and I have inserted a Gefen DVI Detective between the PC's HDMI port and my AVR (I'm using DVI-to-HDMI cables).

The Detective is the model that doesn't carry HDCP but AnyDVD takes care of that, and if HDCP caused the problem I wouldn't be able to play any disc at all, right?

Anyone else having problems with this disc?

thx
/politby
post #872 of 4430
I hit enter to stop that action and it plays fine.
post #873 of 4430
tried the audio driver re-install, still no go for Arcsoft's player
post #874 of 4430
Hi,
I bought this great software today. How can I get rid of the adds that appears in the bottom right area of my screen?, thxs.
post #875 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorsan View Post

Hi,
I bought this great software today. How can I get rid of the adds that appears in the bottom right area of my screen?, thxs.

Do you mean the arcsoft connect thing if so you should be able to click the little arrow and select do not show or similar I cannot remember what it says anymore
post #876 of 4430
[quote=jorsan;13552316]Hi,
I bought this great software today. How can I get rid of the adds that appears in the bottom right area of my screen?, thxs.[/QUOTE

Click on double arrows(>>) extreme right, chose action.
post #877 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Okay, I encountered my first problem today with TMT: it won't play "The Bourne Ultimatum" on HD DVD. Sometimes it gets to the first screen where it says "Loading..." - I suspect this is a load of some interactive part on the disc - and then stops, sometimes it just briefly shows a black screen. In both cases TMT returns to its spash screen (the blue one with the film reel).

Same thing both in Media Center mode and when running it by itself.

Anyone know what's special about this particular disc?

The strange thing is that I have played this disc once with TMT. Only 2 things have happened with my system since then - I've installed the latest version of the nVidia graphics drivers, and I have inserted a Gefen DVI Detective between the PC's HDMI port and my AVR (I'm using DVI-to-HDMI cables).

The Detective is the model that doesn't carry HDCP but AnyDVD takes care of that, and if HDCP caused the problem I wouldn't be able to play any disc at all, right?

Anyone else having problems with this disc?

thx
/politby

Just tried BU. Got the same result at the loading screen. Tried again and clicked cancel right away and the disc is playing now. I tried Transformers also as they have a load screen first. Same result as BU with the same workaround. It looks like TMT isn't calling out to the net. Tried it in my SA and connects fine. Time for Arcsoft to come out with another update.
post #878 of 4430
Does TMT support hardware acceleration on ATI 2x00 cards running Windows XP now? I'm interested in buying this software to run on my HTPC but the system requirements on the ArcSoft web site state that ATI 2x00 hardware acceleration only works under 32 bit Vista not XP. The system requirements also state that ATI should be contacted for updated drivers.That seems to imply that hardware accelration would work on XP with newer drivers. My system is a 3.2ghz P4 Northwood with a Intel 865 PERL motherboard, 512 meg AGP HIS 2600 XT graphics card, 2 gigs PC3200 RAM running XP SP2. I get hardware acceleration viewing hddvds when running PowerDVD 7.3 with no problem.
post #879 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWikiera View Post

Just tried BU. Got the same result at the loading screen. Tried again and clicked cancel right away and the disc is playing now. I tried Transformers also as they have a load screen first. Same result as BU with the same workaround. It looks like TMT isn't calling out to the net. Tried it in my SA and connects fine. Time for Arcsoft to come out with another update.

Assuming it isn't an iso rip, delete the small 3K xpl file. It has a 1 after several 0s. Then go into your documents folder and delete the xpl files that were downloaded. I just deleted the whole folder.

Both titles should play just fine then.
post #880 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWikiera View Post

Just tried BU. Got the same result at the loading screen. Tried again and clicked cancel right away and the disc is playing now. I tried Transformers also as they have a load screen first. Same result as BU with the same workaround. It looks like TMT isn't calling out to the net. Tried it in my SA and connects fine. Time for Arcsoft to come out with another update.

I'm not using a keyboard. What's the cancel function on an MCE remote?
Right now it doesn't even get into the load screen, it just shows a black screen for a second or two, then reverts back to the splash screen.

thx
post #881 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by auger66 View Post

Assuming it isn't an iso rip, delete the small 3K xpl file. It has a 1 after several 0s. Then go into your documents folder and delete the xpl files that were downloaded. I just deleted the whole folder.

Both titles should play just fine then.

Where is this 3k .xpl file stored? The only .xpl files I can find on my system are in the AnyDVD folders in Documents. I tried deleting the BOURNE_ULTIMATUM folder but that didn't make any difference.

I'm starting to wonder if this could have anything to do with my nVidia beta drivers. Will try a downgrade to the latest official ones to see if that changes anything.

>>> DJWikiera: what's your graphics config - card/driver?


thx
post #882 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by highzone View Post

Does TMT support hardware acceleration on ATI 2x00 cards running Windows XP now? I'm interested in buying this software to run on my HTPC but the system requirements on the ArcSoft web site state that ATI 2x00 hardware acceleration only works under 32 bit Vista not XP. The system requirements also state that ATI should be contacted for updated drivers.That seems to imply that hardware accelration would work on XP with newer drivers. My system is a 3.2ghz P4 Northwood with a Intel 865 PERL motherboard, 512 meg AGP HIS 2600 XT graphics card, 2 gigs PC3200 RAM running XP SP2. I get hardware acceleration viewing hddvds when running PowerDVD 7.3 with no problem.

Hi, I've got a 2.8 P4 with a 2600Pro AGP on XP SP2. I tried the trial and all I get is sound and no picture (but if I use the screen capture facility I can see the image!). I posted on the Arcsoft website and they told me that it won't work with XP and an ATI card. I updated the drivers yesterday, tried PDVD and it crashed - so I'll roll back the driver for now!
post #883 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnacha View Post

Hi, I've got a 2.8 P4 with a 2600Pro AGP on XP SP2. I tried the trial and all I get is sound and no picture (but if I use the screen capture facility I can see the image!). I posted on the Arcsoft website and they told me that it won't work with XP and an ATI card. I updated the drivers yesterday, tried PDVD and it crashed - so I'll roll back the driver for now!

Works just fine with XP and my ATI HD2600xt PCIe card... but maybe they're referring to the AGP version? I have seen references to problems with that variety.
post #884 of 4430
Works fine with XP and an ATI HD3780 card for me. However, if you have the latest patch (110) you will probably need the Catalyst 8.3 drivers. I know I did as the Catalyst 7.12 drivers gave me a blank screen.

Vern
post #885 of 4430
Thanks for your help tekmobile and davinleeds, I didnt saw that option. Will try today. Thanks
post #886 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary H View Post

Works just fine with XP and my ATI HD2600xt PCIe card... but maybe they're referring to the AGP version? I have seen references to problems with that variety.

From the system requirements section of the TMT web page:

Notes: AMD(ATI) graphic cards are only supported on Windows Vista 32 at this time. Please contact AMD for updated drivers.
post #887 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoxl View Post

From the system requirements section of the TMT web page:

Notes: AMD(ATI) graphic cards are only supported on Windows Vista 32 at this time. Please contact AMD for updated drivers.

That means it's hit and miss. Just because it isn't supported, doesn't mean it won't work.
post #888 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

That means it's hit and miss. Just because it isn't supported, doesn't mean it won't work.

Exactly. I saw that note, but also read that other people with the same card were successful. I tried the TMT trial, it worked, so I bought the product.
post #889 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Where is this 3k .xpl file stored? The only .xpl files I can find on my system are in the AnyDVD folders in Documents. I tried deleting the BOURNE_ULTIMATUM folder but that didn't make any difference.

It's inside the ADV_OBJ folder that was copied from the Bourne Ultimatum disk. There are two XPL files in there.

Deleting or renaming that file prevents your computer from downloading more files from the Internet. This fixed my problems with Bourne Ultimatum, Eastern Promises, and Transformers.
post #890 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by auger66 View Post

Assuming it isn't an iso rip, delete the small 3K xpl file. It has a 1 after several 0s. Then go into your documents folder and delete the xpl files that were downloaded. I just deleted the whole folder.

Both titles should play just fine then.

Thanks for the tip.

I was testing straight from the disc, wouldn't connect to the net.

Just tried the delete XPL file trick, works like a charm.

politby

I"m using an MSI 8600GTS w/HDMI out and the latest drivers from Nvidia.
I should have said using the mouse control feature, click enter to cancel the load menu. I haven't played with MCE yet.
post #891 of 4430
How the heck is everyon getting onto the arcsoft forum?

I have purchased the software, registered within the software, tried online registering, tried loging in, tried registering with a different email, filled out numerous online website forms/complaints. I cannot get onto the arcsoft forum.
post #892 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

How the heck is everyon getting onto the arcsoft forum?

I have purchased the software, registered within the software, tried online registering, tried loging in, tried registering with a different email, filled out numerous online website forms/complaints. I cannot get onto the arcsoft forum.

Signup here http://www.arcsoft.com/club/signup.asp you will find your seriel number in the arcsoft connect software
post #893 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post

Signup here http://www.arcsoft.com/club/signup.asp you will find your seriel number in the arcsoft connect software

Err... Ya I've done that once with the trial serial/email and again with retail serial/email. But I have not gotten the return confirmation/activation email so can't login with either of the email/passwords accounts that I created. It's not an email blocking problem because when I purchased the software I did get the two "receipt" emails.
post #894 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Err... Ya I've done that once with the trial serial/email and again with retail serial/email. But I have not gotten the return confirmation/activation email so can't login with either of the email/passwords accounts that I created. It's not an email blocking problem because when I purchased the software I did get the two "receipt" emails.

Call their tech support number. It was posted earlier in the thread. That was the only way I was able to get my password and such to log into the forums and Arcsoft Club pages.
post #895 of 4430
I just went into the change password page but typed in my same password and it let me in
unfortunately their website is as much a mess as the software IMO

Luckily they processed my refund very quickly, so I wouldn't hesitate to try the software again in the future on a different build that's perhaps more compatible
post #896 of 4430
Thread Starter 
Anybody succeded to play "August Rush" BD from HDD with the Dolby TrueHD track downsampled through S/PDIF?
The only thing I get is stereo
The other tracks (french and spanish) are 5.1 ok.
What is so special with this BD?
Other BD's are downsampled to S/PDIF 5.1 correctly.

Thanks
post #897 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdwn View Post

Err... Ya I've done that once with the trial serial/email and again with retail serial/email. But I have not gotten the return confirmation/activation email so can't login with either of the email/passwords accounts that I created. It's not an email blocking problem because when I purchased the software I did get the two "receipt" emails.

Try it again, I was having the same problems as you, and all of of a sudden, today the the email and passwords I used when I registered the software are now working. I still never received an activation email though.
post #898 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by auger66 View Post

It's inside the ADV_OBJ folder that was copied from the Bourne Ultimatum disk. There are two XPL files in there.

Deleting or renaming that file prevents your computer from downloading more files from the Internet. This fixed my problems with Bourne Ultimatum, Eastern Promises, and Transformers.

Okay, I've deleted those files but TMT still will not play Bourne Ultimatum. Flashes black screen for a second or two and then returns to the splash screen. Doesn't even seem to access the disc at all.

However, after deleting those XPL files, PowerDVD Ultra plays the disc without trying to go out and download anything.

Strange.
post #899 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

Okay, I've deleted those files but TMT still will not play Bourne Ultimatum. Flashes black screen for a second or two and then returns to the splash screen.
Strange.

If you deleted both xpl files that will give you the problem. You should only delete the 0001.xpl file, thats the one that controls internet access.
post #900 of 4430
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWikiera View Post

If you deleted both xpl files that will give you the problem. You should only delete the 0001.xpl file, thats the one that controls internet access.

Ah, maybe that explains it. How can I now get that file recreated?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre