or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › ColorHCFR v2.0 Available...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ColorHCFR v2.0 Available... - Page 33

post #961 of 985
Thanks for the info.
Is there any advantage to the Display 2 software (or Spyder) or is HCFR just way better but maybe not as easy to use?
post #962 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post

Thanks for the info.
Is there any advantage to the Display 2 software (or Spyder) or is HCFR just way better but maybe not as easy to use?

The software for that is not meant for HT use..HCFR is..
Generally the software in this does an automatic run, the creates a profile on your screen (laptop or pc) and then it applies the profile...for HT use it will not do that - so its worthless for that purpose..
post #963 of 985
have always wondered why this post isn't stickied....
post #964 of 985
hi,

I can't make HCFR work with x-rite i1 Display 2 on my Sony xbr52hx909
yes, I have local dimming ON.

I use EyeOne and View images and version 2.1.
When I start gray or any measures TV screen goes complete black and it doesn't progress to gray and on - it stays black til I stop the test.
Looks like it tries to get readings, but can't get anything and just loops forever.

How I can set to try so many readings and just go to the next pattern / color?
I tried select "Average many reads on dark measurements" - didn't help.

when I used this on normal LCD monitor that doesn't have local dimming it went Ok.
I'd like to calibrate my TV with LD ON - that's whole point for me to have direct LD TV.

Thanks.
post #965 of 985
As a workaround you could probably set gamma calculation to display gamma and use manual measurements. Instead of measuring black for 0%, just measure a pattern that it will read. For example for 10% measurements you could probably measure a 10% pattern for both the 0% and 10% measurements. Really there's not much point in getting a reading for black, unless the display has an elevated black level.

Another workaround might be to set the TV backlight high so that the program will register a 0% reading. If you do this it would probably be worth checking to make sure that just light output changes when altering the backlight.
post #966 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post
hi,

I can't make HCFR work with x-rite i1 Display 2 on my Sony xbr52hx909
yes, I have local dimming ON.

I use EyeOne and View images and version 2.1.
When I start gray or any measures TV screen goes complete black and it doesn't progress to gray and on - it stays black til I stop the test.
Looks like it tries to get readings, but can't get anything and just loops forever.

How I can set to try so many readings and just go to the next pattern / color?
I tried select "Average many reads on dark measurements" - didn't help.

when I used this on normal LCD monitor that doesn't have local dimming it went Ok.
I'd like to calibrate my TV with LD ON - that's whole point for me to have direct LD TV.

Thanks.
I'm not too familiar with LCDs, but doesn't the local dimming only dim when displaying black (or very near black)? or are there numerous dimming levels for the full range of brightness?

I would imagine that the only IRE level you are having trouble with is 0%, where the backlight locally dims to completely off, so just disable local dimming for this one measure, and then turn it back on for 10% and up. It will have no effect at all on you grayscale or overall gamma. The only effect will be on your contrast ratio measurement. But this value is meaningless anyway with the backlight off. It is infinity.
post #967 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpauls View Post

I'm not too familiar with LCDs, but doesn't the local dimming only dim when displaying black (or very near black)? or are there numerous dimming levels for the full range of brightness?

I would imagine that the only IRE level you are having trouble with is 0%, where the backlight locally dims to completely off, so just disable local dimming for this one measure, and then turn it back on for 10% and up. It will have no effect at all on you grayscale or overall gamma. The only effect will be on your contrast ratio measurement. But this value is meaningless anyway with the backlight off. It is infinity.

thanks for the reply.
I don't know details of local dimming implementation - so I'll not go there.
No, I don't care about my complete black level gamma and etc, but I do from 10% and up.
I don't know how LD on and off effects gamma and etc - I think it should as LED back light is dynamic that adjusts based on signal (RGB level) to the zone. I don't have 1 "pixel" to 1 LED, it's more like 300 pixels per 1 LED - don't take that number as fact as I don't know.

My issue is that I don't know how to tell HCFR to start from 10% instead of 0%. I'm not getting any readings at 0% and till 10% and as result HCFR waits for any readings in a loop forever.

Anyhow I can specify HCFR to start from 10% with "View images" generator?

Anyone knows how to calibrate i1D2 to get reliable readings or even 0 for 0% - where 0 is the value and HCFR will proceed Ok.

Somehow when I click "Calibrate" sensor in HCFR it returns right a way no matter to where I put the sensor, while when I click "Calibrate" in iMatch (x-rite soft) it takes several seconds.
I'm not sure that i have properly calibrated sensor in HCFR
post #968 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

thanks for the reply.
I don't know details of local dimming implementation - so I'll not go there.
No, I don't care about my complete black level gamma and etc, but I do from 10% and up.
I don't know how LD on and off effects gamma and etc - I think it should as LED back light is dynamic that adjusts based on signal (RGB level) to the zone. I don't have 1 "pixel" to 1 LED, it's more like 300 pixels per 1 LED - don't take that number as fact as I don't know.

My issue is that I don't know how to tell HCFR to start from 10% instead of 0%. I'm not getting any readings at 0% and till 10% and as result HCFR waits for any readings in a loop forever.

Anyhow I can specify HCFR to start from 10% with "View images" generator?

Anyone knows how to calibrate i1D2 to get reliable readings or even 0 for 0% - where 0 is the value and HCFR will proceed Ok.

Somehow when I click "Calibrate" sensor in HCFR it returns right a way no matter to where I put the sensor, while when I click "Calibrate" in iMatch (x-rite soft) it takes several seconds.
I'm not sure that i have properly calibrated sensor in HCFR

The probe calibration process always returns immediately. It is a bit unsatisfying I admit, but apparently that's just how it works.

If you just want to skip the 0% window simply measure the 10% window two times: once for the 0% measurement, and then once again for the 10% measurement. It will have no effect at all on your calibration of the other levels 10-100. If you want to make your graphs look nice and better estimate gamma and CR then when you have finished taking all 11 measurements (0-100), click on the "editable data" box, and go and manually change the Y values recorded in the 0 IRE box to 0. (Or perhaps something like 0.001).

Did you say you are using the "view images generator"? Just put the probe in a brighter place for the 0% measurement then just to trick it into moving on. Doesn't really matter what you measure as you're going to ignore this measurement anyway.
post #969 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpauls View Post

The probe calibration process always returns immediately. It is a bit unsatisfying I admit, but apparently that's just how it works.

I enabled debug log to see sensor output readings and I don't see any 0 for blacks, no readings at all, it just waits for any value that doesn't come from sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpauls View Post

Did you say you are using the "view images generator"? Just put the probe in a brighter place for the 0% measurement then just to trick it into moving on. Doesn't really matter what you measure as you're going to ignore this measurement anyway.

The "view images generator" displays on whole screen and I'm not sure I can reattach sensor so fast - need to try

thanks.
post #970 of 985
I just stumbled across an old RS232 Sencore Auto Color Pro 2. Any chance I could use this with a keyspan adapter in HCFR?

Thanks in advance!
post #971 of 985
Hey having a problem here. HCFR keeps telling me it can't find the spyder3.dll, tried downloading the official drivers for spyder3 from datacolor but it only brings up another file name.

Grabbed a spyder3.dll but it now comes up saying there was an error. I'm using the latest version of HCFR.
post #972 of 985
I'm having the EXACT issues as sstalwar is/was having with HCFR and a DTP-94 meter. Anyone have any possible ideas on how to fix the errors? Thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by sstalwar View Post

I am having connection issues using DTP94 with HCFR. I would appreciate if someone could help as this might indirectly help other people as well who plan to use DTP94 with HCFR.

I keep getting error everytime I try to configure the sensor. Sometimes I can get the Measure->sensor->configure work for one time but mostly not. Some times it simply says "an error occurred", and some times "cannot open logical connection to DTP device".

Similarly most of the time, while measuring response by hitting green arrow (..ignoring errors from sensor configuration), it throws "sendandreceive failed" error. It does randomly gives readings but mostly not.

Device manager shows DTP94 as installed on both vista and xp machine. I have Downloaded latest DTP94 drivers for 32bit XP professional and Vista. DTP94 driver XrUSB.sys version 2.2.0.0 is in C:\\Windows\\System32\\Drivers directory.

I also have coppied the XdsIII.dll in the main ColorHCFR directory C:\\Program Files\\ColorHCFR. I have tried XdsIII.dll Versions 1.2.0.0 and 1.0.0.51

BTW, DTP94 with Monaco software works with either DLL without any problems.
.
I thought monaco and HCFR probably are simultaneously trying to lock DTP device, so I tried clean install of HCFR withoutinstalling monaco (ie only using Xds.dll in HCFR directory). Still did not work.

I have tried installing HCFR in a different folder than c:\\program files\\ but again random behavior continues.

What am i doing wrong? Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thanks.
post #973 of 985
I read awhile back (On this site) that HCFR was working on ColorMunki Photo support, is this true and when might the update be available?
post #974 of 985
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and HCFR 2.1 with the DIY probe.

I can not get Windows to load any of the USB *.inf files from the Pilote_USB directory.

This probe and software worked fine under WinXP.

Anyone have some tips or work around?
post #975 of 985
I don't now for sure that this is the issue, but few older device drivers are compatible with 64-bit Windows. You may need to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional (which can be done using the "Anytime Upgrade" feature) so that you can install Windows XP mode. This will allow you to run HCFR on a Windows XP virtual machine.
post #976 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpuZapper333 View Post

I read awhile back (On this site) that HCFR was working on ColorMunki Photo support, is this true and when might the update be available?

ColorHCFR hasn't been updated in 2.5 years. While anything could happen, I would hesitate to say that development has ceased. The ColorMunki has been out for quite some time now.

Kal
post #977 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post

ColorHCFR hasn't been updated in 2.5 years. While anything could happen, I would hesitate to say that development has ceased. The ColorMunki has been out for quite some time now.

Kal

Any chance ColorHCFR will "just work" with the new i1 Display 3 Pro (OEM)? I was kind of hoping it would since the other i1 devices are supported - maybe the new meter will work as well without any changes to the software?
post #978 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

Any chance ColorHCFR will "just work" with the new i1 Display 3 Pro (OEM)? I was kind of hoping it would since the other i1 devices are supported - maybe the new meter will work as well without any changes to the software?

Highly unlikely. It's different hardware which means different drivers.

Kal
post #979 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post

Highly unlikely. It's different hardware which means different drivers.

Kal

Yeah, but don't you just copy the driver from the i1 software package into the HCFR directory? I thought HCFR used that driver? Can't the Eye One Pro (old) and the i1 D2 both use the same EyeOne.dll from the i1 Diagnostics software installation despite being very different devices? I was hoping the new i1 Display 3 Pro would somehow work with HCFR in the same manner.
post #980 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

Yeah, but don't you just copy the driver from the i1 software package into the HCFR directory? I thought HCFR used that driver? Can't the Eye One Pro (old) and the i1 D2 both use the same EyeOne.dll from the i1 Diagnostics software installation despite being very different devices? I was hoping the new i1 Display 3 Pro would somehow work with HCFR in the same manner.

It's rarely that simple. The software needs to "call" certain features in the driver so the software needs to be "aware" of what's possible and what features are available.

But then, I can't know for sure. I didn't develop ColorHCFR. Feel free to try or give the developers of ColorHCFR a shout and see.

Kal
post #981 of 985
Would like to purchase a HCFR probe. I have had an eye one on backorder for a month and am getting impatient.
post #982 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

Any chance ColorHCFR will "just work" with the new i1 Display 3 Pro (OEM)? I was kind of hoping it would since the other i1 devices are supported - maybe the new meter will work as well without any changes to the software?

There's a really good post by Tom of ChromaPure as to why this can likely never happen. See: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=240

Kal
post #983 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post

There's a really good post by Tom of ChromaPure as to why this can likely never happen. See: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=240

Kal

I actually just read his post a few minutes before yours. Thanks for following up. Bummer
post #984 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by chruzek View Post
Would like to purchase a HCFR probe. I have had an eye one on backorder for a month and am getting impatient.
I got my Eye One LT last week from Amazon:
Eye One LT at Amazon
post #985 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinkead View Post
I got my Eye One LT last week from Amazon:
Eye One LT at Amazon
The Colormunki Create is basically the same meter as the i1-D2 and i1-LT but is less than half the price of the LT. Does the Colormunki also work with ColorHCFR?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Display Calibration
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Display Calibration › ColorHCFR v2.0 Available...