I just got an AVR 888 from Dakmart (REFURBISHED) and I connected my cable box with HDMI to the receiver, then run HDMI to the TV.
I powered everything up, went to setup to do the speaker calibration. The OSD came up on the screen,then I started the auto routine going through the speakers and gave me an error that the center speaker was out of phase. I clicked cancel, shut down, and inspected the speaker wire at the receiver and at the speaker and all was well, so I powered up again ready to restart the calibration, and I got no video and no audio, through HDMI or component. No output, period
1. If I connect the HDMI cable straight from the STB to the TV, I get video.
2. I used different HDMI cables, that didn't work.
3. I reconnected my old Sony receiver, all the speakers work.
4. I run component cables instead of HDMI, it doesnt work.
5. The volume in the remote works backwards, the rest appears OK. up is down for the volume and viceversa.
6. If I attempt to start the auto speaker setup from the receiver screen menu, the word "wait" starts blinking and the receiver locks up blinking like that. I have to shut off to unlock it.
7. The reset by powering up while holding A+B has no effect.
8. The display in the receiver works.
DenonJeff, in 5 weeks I will be gone to Afghanistan on a 15 month deployment. Please help me out. The warranty is only 90 days out of Dakmart, and I don't want to leave with this issue hanging.
TWC cable box, panasonic EZ-475 DVD-R (not connected yet) AVR-888, dell plasma 4200 monitor, Harman Kardon HKTS-11 speakers (5.1)