- 12 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Thumbs Up: 10
- Select All Posts By This User
Want advice on what sub to purchase? Please read this before posting... - Page 10
AVS Top Picks
Fairly new to the forum, and frankly, I'm so overwhelmed with all of the great info, i get totally lost.....
I'm looking for a replacement subwoofer because I just upgraded my receiver to a Yamaha RX-V673 (From an old Kenwood VR-615)
The Kenwood had a 100w passive sub (only 2 spring clips), but the new Yamaha requires an active sub.
1. budget.- $150-$250
2. Size requirements/limits. - None really, but would like to keep about the same size as the Kenwood (about 12"x12"x14")
3. Room dimensions. 24'x16' - but system is set up on the 16' as the viewing length, and the 24' width.
4. Primary uses - TV and Movies (BD)
5. Listening habits.- normal viewing level - rarely loud. (about 40-30db)
6. Appearance requirements. None
7. Timeframe. None
Currently using the old Kenwood speakers for my surround, until I can afford to upgrade those. But honestly, they sound pretty good.
Yamaha RX-V673 receiver.
Sony BRAVIA S-Series KDL-46S5100 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDT
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
Edited by mgulenproto - 2/23/14 at 8:15am
Really? My Kenwood 100W was a good level for this room, so I was thinking I could stay around the same. I don't blast my sub too much, but enough to give the sound some bottom.
And my viewing size in this room is about 16'x16'
Thanks for the recommendation tho.
Thanks again for the recommend.
I ended up going lower-end for now to try it out. Ended up getting a Polk 10-inch.
I don't need much, just something to support the bottom end since the wife always complains that I listen to movies too loud anyway.....LOL.
Plus I'll probably save up and replace all of the speakers at some point.