Originally Posted by Sepen
I wonder how a PL-28 Center Speaker would compare to a Rocket Bigfoot Center? I paid about $300 more than I would for the PL-28. I am thinking of just getting this for now to see how it performs as the Bigfoot is hard for me to hear, and I have had it for 4 years now, so I have suffered enough.
. And yes, I do have my receiver set up correctly, an Onkyo 809. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have had my PL-28 center for almost a year and a half now and still love it! It blends in well with the Klipsch KG 5.5's I have, I switched out my Pl-76 towers as mains and use them as surrounds now. I had to look into the "Bigfoot Rocket" center you have as I have never had the chance to listen to one.
Heres the specs I could find on it:
● System: Three-way, four driver direct-radiating system, vented enclosure with rear-firing flared port
● Drivers: Vifa Ring Radiator tweeter, one custom 4" midrange and two custom 6.5" long-throw aluminum cone woofers
● Crossover: 500 Hz and 4.0 kHz, 3rd-order alignment
● Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 20 KHz (� 3 dB)
● Impedance: 4 Ohms nominal
● Efficiency: 91 dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter)
● Power Rating: 25-150 Watts power handling
● Dimensions: 12" H x 10.5" D x 25" W (305 x 267 x 635 mm)
● Weight: 46 lbs (21 kg); ship weight = 54 lbs
● Price: $599 each
Specs on PL-28
Design: Video-shielded 225-watt 2-way horn center speaker with dual 8" woofers. Flush mount brackets included.
Frequency Response: 30Hz-23kHz
Sensitivity: 98dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter
Drivers: Two high power 8" screen pressed long fiber woofers with heavy duty surrounds, one 6 1/2" mid/high frequency aluminum dome horn with neodymium magnet.
Magnetic Shielding: YES
Recommended Power: 10-225 watts per channel RMS, 500 watts peak power.
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 10"H x 25 1/2"W x 6"D
Weight: 25 lbs. Each (11.3 kg.)
If you are using the Onix towers I dont think it will blend in as the PL-28 will have a much differnt effect. I have tried many center channels as I found the PL-28 to have the best clear dialog to suit my taste. I wrote a small review on it on Amazon link: www.amazon.com/BIC-Acoustech-PL-28-Center-Speaker/dp/B001VIPUFU/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1343390141&sr=1-4
( my set up has chagged quite a bit since then thou) as the gentelman above my post had a better review as well.
I have the Onkyo 808 as I see you have the 809 so good choice thier
. Looks as if the Rocket center is 4ohms and has an ffficiency of 91 dB to where the Pl is 8ohm & 98 eff., much easier to run. You could always try it and see what you think... it may be worth a good shot??