Originally Posted by mosman22
That is great to hear, is there any way you could direct me to a link or pm on how to do this.
Here are instructions on how to do it:
1) You must have a copy of the Toshiba HD-A35 Firmware V1.3 downloaded from their update site. I don't know if it is available any longer since they might have replaced it with the latest V2.0 at this time of writing.
2) You will need a hexidecimal editor such as HexEdit or something similar. A search on the web for hex editors will lead you to something for free I am sure.
3) Make and keep a backup copy of your original V1.3 firmware file in case you mess up and need to get a fresh original copy of it.
4) Use the hex editor to open the firmware file. It should display the contents of the file from the beginning (top) of the file. If not go to the top of the file where line 1 is. Put the cursor at the first byte (upper left corner of the editor).
5) Use the find or search function and search for the hexidecimal number 0514.
6) It should be found right at the beginning of the file at the very top. You will want to change that value to be 07D1.
7) Next search for the key word 1300 text (which is also at the very top beginning of the file clearly visible by naked eye).
8) You change this to 2001 text value.
9) Save the file renaming it if so desired (but keeping the *.ISO extension) and exit the editor.
10) You are done editing the flle! Now burn the ISO image to CD-R and you can install the firmware V1.3 back to your Toshiba HD-A35 if it has V2.0 installed on it.
Note: this will only install if you are on firmware V2.0 or below.
Updated to add links to pics:
I took before and after screenshots for referencing and uploaded them for viewing. I highlighted the values locations to be changed. One shot is the original V1.3 firmware values and the other screen shot is of the modified V.3 firmware values.
When you click on the links to view the pictures be sure to expand the to their full size image or else the numbers may be blurry.
Before the mod values:http://www.imageno.com/hjeqxeu9vku2pic.html
After the mod values:http://www.imageno.com/d6etx80jdkzqpic.html
Update2: For those who don't want to bother with the DIY aspect of it all, here is the entire firmware V1.3 ISO file already modified for you. Just download burn it to a CD-R and reload! Make sure you use good CD-R disc! Download file here:http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/dd39423a08_38.64MB
Usual Disclaimer: This is not a task for someone who does not understand what they are doing with the hex editor concept. You do this back level mod at your own risk! I have nothing to do with it other than informing you it can be done and how I did mine. I can only promise you that it works. But if anyone attempts to do it and botches it up and bricks their player, that's your own responsibility. 'nuff said.