Don’t spend tons of money on your home theater setup and then connect it all together with sub-par HDMI cables. At the same time there’s no need to spend “extra” on HDMI cables because if they work, paying more won’t get you better quality. Get the highest fidelity out of your components with our picks for the best HDMI cables!
- The Amazon Basics High-Speed 4K HDMI Cable supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel.
- This HDMI cable is rated for high-speed connectivity for excellent playback and performance, and is durably built with 26AWG.
- Rated CL3 rated for in-wall installation and features 26AWG pure copper conductors, triple-shielding and gold-plated full metal jacket connectors that prevent interference and boost performance.
- Comes in multiple lengths between 3 feet and 100 feet.
For many applications, Amazon Basics works great, so all you have to do is pick your length and order.
Amazon user Mystery said “Amazing cables at an affordable price. Tested with 4K HDR and Dolby Vision. Works with Apple TV too. I have this HDMI cable going from my Denon AV receiver to my LG OLED TV and all my devices hooked to my AV receiver using this HDMI cable as well. Everything works great.”
- The Monoprice HDMI High Speed Cable is capable of 18Gbps bandwidth and ensured to support all features in the latest HDMI specifications.
- The Monoprice HDMI High Speed Cable is tested and certified by HDMI Authorized Test Centers and is great for all your 4K and High Speed HDMI display needs.
- This cable also supports the simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to a single display screen.
- Comes in multiple lengths between 1.5 feet and 15 feet.
Monoprice specializes in delivering great value for your money and that’s true for that vast variety of cables the company sells.
Amazon user S. Borelli said “This is an unbelievably good cable for such a low price. So good that I’m going to order more to replace some older HDMI cords. This is a thick cord, and although others have written it’s too thick, I had no problem connecting my BluRay to the TV and that distance was about 8 inches. The connection is solid and tight, the picture is perfect. The thickness makes it easy to connect and disconnect. This is one of the best cords on the market.”
Ensure 8K compatibility with these Belkin HDMI cables that are able to handle transfer speeds up to 48 Gb per second. that means it can handle 8K/60 Hz as well as 4K/120 Hz content.
- Works with 4K/120 Hz and 8K/60 Hz signals
- Supports all HDR formats
- Thin and flexible
- Supports 4K/60p & 18 Gbps bitrate
- Rugged nylon-braided sheath
- Lifetime warranty
Nice HDMI cables at near-unbeatable prices. This is the go-to brand for AVS Forum editor Mark Henninger, who states that he’s never had an issue with a Bluerigger HDMI cable. Available in lengths from 3 feet to 25 feet (but if you go past 25 feet, you’ll want to look at fiber optic HDMI solutions anyhow).
Over 11,000 reviews on Amazon with a 4.5-star rating and an “Amazon’s Choice” designation support the notion that these cables are a great choice.
- The AudioQuest Pearl supports 4K and 3D video, as well as delivers all of the data required for 120/240/600Hz displays, multichannel audio, and 1080p with stunning accuracy and clarity.
- The Pearl features Long-Grain Copper conductors, solid high-density polyethylene insulation, and precise geometry.
- This cable can also be used as an audio-return channel for sending Dolby Digital from an HDTV to a receiver.
- The AudioQuest Pearl comes between 5 feet and 50 feet.
Audioquest is a boutique cable company. You’ll pay extra for its products, but if you want nice-looking cables from a “prestige” cable brand look no further. Just don’t think you are paying for performance because HDMI does not work that way, the inexpensive options above work just as well in terms of AV fidelity.
Amazon user Nathan P said “I plugged these bad boys in and everything worked on the first try. No joke, I think I smiled for a solid day. So, THANK YOU AudioQuest for making a cable that actually does what it says. Thank you for making a high-end product that is actually high-quality and does what it promises. I can honestly say that despite their relatively high price, I don’t think I will bother with other brands in the future because it just isn’t worth the headaches that ensue.”
- The SecurOMax HDMI Cable is a braided 4K high speed cable that supports Ethernet and Audio Return Channel.
- This cable is made of oxygen-free bare copper wiring and is triple-shielded for maximum performance and ultra low signal-to-noise ratio.
- Connectors are 24K gold-plated and soldering points are covered by thick aluminium shell.
- This cable is available as a 10 foot cable.
Highly affordable and highly rated by thousands of Amazon users, here’s another option for HDMI that’s really easy on the wallet.
Amazon user Robert said “High quality cable. This cable is FULL HDMI 2.0 compliant. It does indeed support 4k @ 60 Hz and 10 bit color along with full 4:4:4 chroma support. If you are using a 4K tv as a computer monitor and it supports 4:4:4 chroma, then this is the cable to use. I have used other HDMI cables that do not support full chroma or 4K at 60 Hz and 10 bit color. The cable is high quality with a nice braided outer covering. I am thrilled with the performance.”
- Each Mediabridge HDMI Cable is individually tested to ensure it performs at peak level.
- The Mediabridge HDMI Cable features 28AWG pure Copper conductors, tri-shielding, and a gold-plated full metal jacket provide optimal sound and picture quality.
- This HDMI cable supports all HDMI 2.0b functions including 18Gbps transfer speed, 4K, UHD, 3D, 48-Bit Deep Color, HDR video, and ARC.
- The Mediabridge HDMI Cable is available in 3 feet or 25 feet.
Mediabridge is a highly popular option for affordable cables on Amazon. They get the job done!
Amazon user Skye Nathaniel said “As screen technology continues to develop and we make more demands of our cables, it’s becoming less and less clear which ones can actually get the job done. A lot of the ones that advertise “high speed” and compliance with the latest formats don’t actually do 18 Gbps, and they often fail to advertise how their capabilities change for different length variations of the same cable. I can only speak to the 15-foot product here, but, within that range, if you’re trying to achieve 4:4:4 color in 4K at 60 Hz, this Mediabridge will do it for you. I’m very pleased with it.”
- Does not require additional hardware to work for extended runs
- Thin cable is also felxible
- Full 18 Gbps bandwidth over long runs even 100 feet
- 18 month warranty
Need to run HDMI for longer than 30 feet? Forget about copper, switch to fiber optic HDMI and 100 feet is suddenly no problem. Today’s fiber HDMI cables are affordable too, costing little more than the copper equivalent even at shorter lengths.
- The Atevon High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable supports [email protected] Hz, UHD, FHD, 3D, Ethernet, Audio Return Channel, 48 Bit deep color, and HDR
- The Atevon High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable features 24K gold-plated connectors and inner tin-plated copper providing optimal conductivity.
- With premium and thickened PVC, this HDMI to HDMI cable is much more flexible and rugged which can withstand 3000+ bend lifespan.
- The Atevon High Speed 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 Cable comes between 4.9 feet and 10 feet.
Another brand you’d probably never have heard of were it not for Amazon. Tousands of highly positive reviews and low prices are what recommend this option.
Amazon user Flamingthunder said “I am immensely enjoying the HDMI cable that I purchased. It works great and the length of the cable was just right for my needs. The length of this cord helps me connect my items without trying to juggle where i put them. This cord has been in use since i got it and we love it. Picture quality is excellent (we think its better than the hdmi cords we previously bought years ago for higher price.)”
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works here.