Directv Wants 500.00 to Watch 4K Olympics?!? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-10-2018, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Directv Wants 500.00 to Watch 4K Olympics?!?

I saw the advertisements that the Olympics would be broadcast in 4k for directv and to tune to channel 104 (I think, maybe 106) to view them.

Switched on the TV today for some 4K action and I get a message to call Directv to activate the service.

Long and short of it...45 minutes on the phone talking to 4 different people, as they would connect me to other departments that were even more lost than they were, in order to get 4K I would need the following:

300 change of dvr box
99 genie (even though I only have 1 4K tv)
49 install fee

Total, after whatever other fees they added in, was $497.00.

I was informed that after this “upgrade” I would receive one 4K channel. I informed them that their website lists about four 4K channels, they were adamant, regardless of what package you have, 104 is the only 4K channel.

My current package is “choice,” which states that included with it is “4K viewing.” When I asked the representative why I would have to pay $500.00 to view a channel that is already included in my service, they responded by stating, “It is included with the service, if you buy the equipment.”

It would have been nice to check out the olympics in 4K, but by the time I got a service tech here, the olympics would be over and I would have paid 5 spins for a channel that would likely not have any decent content.

Been with Directv for 7yrs and am not under any contract. So, wouldn’t it make sense to just cancel my service, turn in the gear and then call and setup new service again?? As the boxes and install are free with initial service.

I realize how dumb that sounds, however IMO directvs policies may force my hand.

How can channels be “included” with your monthly subscription, but then you need to pay extra to view the channels?!?

Stuff like this makes my head spin....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page