New to TIVO and have a couple of question about getting started? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
crowe-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New to TIVO and have a couple of question about getting started?

Soon I'd like to get a TIVO and be able to transfer programs to a computer for editing out commercials, saving programs and possibly making DVD's.

I'm new to this so I don't know what I have to do to make this work.

Someone mentioned a program, KMTTG for transferring programs to a computer.

Do I need KMTTG or does TIVO allow transferring programs to a computer?
crowe-t is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 03-08-2018, 02:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 6,176
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Liked: 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowe-t View Post
Soon I'd like to get a TIVO and be able to transfer programs to a computer for editing out commercials, saving programs and possibly making DVD's.

I'm new to this so I don't know what I have to do to make this work.

Someone mentioned a program, KMTTG for transferring programs to a computer.

Do I need KMTTG or does TIVO allow transferring programs to a computer?
I'm not up on KMTTG but you should try this forum out of Tivo owners, it may help.
https://www.tivocommunity.com try the Tivo coffeehouse forum when you're there.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 03-08-2018, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
crowe-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I'm not up on KMTTG but you should try this forum out of Tivo owners, it may help.
https://www.tivocommunity.com try the Tivo coffeehouse forum when you're there.
Thanks! I'll check out that forum.
crowe-t is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
georgeorwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Keep in mind that depending on what cable network you are on, it will not work with protected content. I'm on Spectrum (former Time Warner) and there is very little that is not protected.
georgeorwell is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
crowe-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
Keep in mind that depending on what cable network you are on, it will not work with protected content. I'm on Spectrum (former Time Warner) and there is very little that is not protected.
Are you referring to transferring programs or editing them?
crowe-t is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off