Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-15-2020, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recording from DVR/DirecTV

Hello,

I'm moving on from DirecTV and would like to save off some of my recordings from the DVR. I bought an HDMI video capture card to run from the DVR to my laptop's USB port. I've had very little luck getting any kind of video/audio to record. The furthest I've gotten is a recording of video (but no audio) via ActivePresenter that was ok at best. I'm not a total idiot when it comes to technology, but I'm far from an expert and I can't imagine this process is so hard. Essentially all I'm trying to do is play the DVR contents on my laptop screen, then use a screen capture software to record it.

So I wanted to ask the pros:

- is there a better way to go about this in general?? Like a completely different (better) route?
- if not, what's the best video capture software? I would prefer free, of course, but at this point if there's a guaranteed paid solution that will work, I'm all ears!
- any idea why I'm not getting audio the way I've been going?
- also how does the "full screen" version work? I've only really been using ActivePresenter but I think it's weird how the aspect ratio set up works.
- any tips in general?

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page