Streaming Sirius XM - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 05-11-2018, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Streaming Sirius XM

I have a Pioneer SC-1223. Could someone tell me if it's possible to stream from my android phone Sirius XM through my receiver. I do have a subscription to Sirius.
If so how would I do this. I tried through the USB in the front of the receiver and all I get is connecting...but it never does.
I have since I've owned this receiver streamed music from my computer, through my network.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-13-2018, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 102
After a recent SiriusXM mobile app update, I searched in vain for a way to turn the thing off. I mean a simple "Off" button, maybe a "Stop" button or an "X" out of the app on the drop down menu of my smartphone, the way I used to use to shut off the app to close it before this recent update. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything to make the music stop except the "pause" button. Not wanting to simply "pause" it for infinity while the app was still open and active, scrolling info on the upcoming programs and using up battery life for no reason at all, I decided to just Sign Out of my SiriusXM account entirely.

Big mistake.

Now, no combination of every Username and Password I have ever used for accessing the mobile app or logging into my Manage Accounts is working to get me back into the mobile app and start streaming again. Verifying my username and setting up a new password for the mobile app through my laptop didn't work. I can still stream ok on my laptop computer, but not my smartphone.

I can sign in with my username and the new password, but can't get past the "Set up streaming credentials" page to get to where the channels are. Seems that step is only useful for new customers who haven't streamed before. Consequently, after I enter my required email address I get blocked because they then tell me that account is already being used. uh...yeah, I know. So around and around I go and can never get into the app on my smartphone.

Before I contact SiriusXM's Listener Care on the phone, has this happened to anyone else since the recent update? Has anyone discovered a fix that doesn't require me to get on the phone with the Listener Care people?

Last edited by hitchfan; 05-13-2018 at 04:22 AM.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-13-2018, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My apologies to iceman1959 if I essentially hijacked his thread and particular issue with my own. Maybe there is a better place for my posts. But the thread title, Streaming Sirius XM, seemed to fit.

Following up on my above post regarding my inability to sign back into SiriusXM's mobile app after the recent update and change in the app's interface (has anyone else gotten that update or only me? lol), after the passage of several hours I was suddenly and miraculously able to sign in with my established Username and new Password and was no longer blocked by an impossible to complete requirement to "Set up streaming credentials". Maybe the new update needs time to stew and boil away a few glitches.

Unfortunately, I still see no way to simply close the app. Anyone else have a clue for how we do that in the new interface? The only apparent options are to click the Pause button and let any scrolling and programming info to continue running in the background on my phone until I want to listen to SiriusXM again and unpause it, go into my phone's app settings and Force Stop the SiriusXM app or reboot my phone entirely. None of those are going to be acceptable ways to simply close a music/news streaming app in the long run, of course. But for now I am too spooked about what happens when I choose the Sign Out option, the only other feasible one, to repeat it.

Meanwhile, I see that after being able to sign back into the app and resetting 20 or so Favorite Channels, that list of Favorites did not survive a Force Stop and on reopening the app my Favorite Channels list turned into a collection of seemingly random channels. Some Favorites I set were missing and others that I have no interest in and never clicked on before had taken their place.

Anyone else experiencing these issues or found some fixes for them lately? I am relieved I can at least reopen the app and listen to the programs and channels I have been listening to for years. But I can't believe they really intend for us not to be able to turn it off, shut it down, close the app on our phones without resorting to the 3-4 clumsy and inconvenient options I mentioned above.

Btw, one reason I am hoping these issues can be resolved without my contacting SiriusXM's Listener Care support, if at all possible, is because I am a Lifetime subscriber who doesn't want to risk interacting with SiriusXM folks on the phone or in a Live Chat only to discover my casual reply to some seemingly innocuous question triggered an end to my Lifetime status and the beginning of a monthly paid subscription for channels I don't care about or the loss of channels I do care about. That wasn't a factor in the bet I made with $415.89 I really struggled to justify betting on the Sirius Everything package way back in 2007.

Last edited by hitchfan; 05-13-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-20-2018, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The updated app is indeed buggy. If you have Android, a hard/forced exit through the active applications menu does the trick. On my phone, I press the button next to the lower left hand corner of the screen, then press the pie chart. Once the Sirius XM app shows up on the active applications menu, click the end button. Occasionally the app stops streaming for no apparent reason, and this is the only way I can get it to clear out properly, but I can then restart it afterward with no problem.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-21-2018, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman1959 View Post
I have a Pioneer SC-1223. Could someone tell me if it's possible to stream from my android phone Sirius XM through my receiver. I do have a subscription to Sirius.
If so how would I do this. I tried through the USB in the front of the receiver and all I get is connecting...but it never does.
I have since I've owned this receiver streamed music from my computer, through my network.
The quickest, easiest and most intelligent method would be headphone out from your phone to an RCA input on your receiver. There are also a couple Pioneer bluetooth adaptors (AS-BT100, AS-BT200) that can be used to stream audio to the receiver.

post #6 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwong View Post
The updated app is indeed buggy. If you have Android, a hard/forced exit through the active applications menu does the trick. On my phone, I press the button next to the lower left hand corner of the screen, then press the pie chart. Once the Sirius XM app shows up on the active applications menu, click the end button. Occasionally the app stops streaming for no apparent reason, and this is the only way I can get it to clear out properly, but I can then restart it afterward with no problem.
Thanks. I'll start bringing up the running apps that way instead of bringing down the list from the top of the screen where SiriusXM is the only running app that doesn't show up anymore. I get the same sudden streaming stop that you get. And then it sometimes starts up again unexpectedly hours later. The "Are you still listening" notice is also intermittent and more often than not doesn't stop the stream even if I don't click "yes". Hopefully all of these weird issues will get ironed out over time.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan View Post

Thanks. I'll start bringing up the running apps that way instead of bringing down the list from the top of the screen where SiriusXM is the only running app that doesn't show up anymore. I get the same sudden streaming stop that you get. And then it sometimes starts up again unexpectedly hours later. The "Are you still listening" notice is also intermittent and more often than not doesn't stop the stream even if I don't click "yes". Hopefully all of these weird issues will get ironed out over time.
No prob. By the way, the other day they posted an update to the Sirius app in the Google Play store. It seems a little less temperamental now (fingers crossed).
post #8 of 12 Old 05-23-2018, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

longwong, I have not seen an official SiriusXM app in the Google Play Store in years. And I have gone there looking for updates several times. I just went today based on your heads up. I don't see it. In fact, when I needed to uninstall the app and reinstall it a while back, I had to contact SiriusXM for help and they had to send me a link to install it through my Windows PC.

Do you have a direct link for where you see it in the Play Store? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-24-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchfan View Post
longwong, I have not seen an official SiriusXM app in the Google Play Store in years. And I have gone there looking for updates several times. I just went today based on your heads up. I don't see it. In fact, when I needed to uninstall the app and reinstall it a while back, I had to contact SiriusXM for help and they had to send me a link to install it through my Windows PC.

Do you have a direct link for where you see it in the Play Store? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...irius&hl=en_US

Hope it works for you.

Last edited by longwong; 05-24-2018 at 09:04 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-24-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwong View Post
Great! Thanks so much for that.

Got the Update installed now. So time will tell if there is any improvement for me, too.
post #11 of 12 Old 05-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
[email protected]@k in your 1223 owners manual. My 1222 and SC97 states it has the ability to stream Sirius/XM thru a dedicated input. Which would provide much better sound quality if you have the AVR connected by ethernet.

I have never used the SiriusXM input. But I have used the Pandora input and it works great. You can control Pandora with the Pioneer AV5 app. It provides album art, artist, song title, basic controls stop, pause, play ff and rewind. You can chouse from your stations.

I would imagine the Sirius/XM input would provide similiar features.

Good luck.

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW. Mitz 73740 DLP, Sony UBP-X800, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
post #12 of 12 Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
From just viewing my account today streaming is an additional cost. That in mind I'll just listen to true stereo music on Pandora and IHeartRadio. Their Beatles channel is a joke and FirstWave music can be had on my The Smiths, Echo & the Bunnymen and Depech Mode channels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page